Giro presenters fashion watch

13»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Brad, Adam and Orla's
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805

lol Shirley.

It's true though. People who think that 'marketing doesn't work on them' probably don't realise just how stupid they sound. They probably have an Amazon Prime subscription.

Everything you have ever purchased has been put in front if you, in exactly that combination and price, due to marketing.
    I'm taking about specific marketing phrases, not marketing in general.
    Yes I have an Amazon account and yes I have seen The Devil Wears Prada.
    Not sure I get that point, but I know I will not be using Laka for insurance as an example. Being able to change channel or skip forward is most useful.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    At some level we are all just the product of our genes and our environment and marketing is part of that environment - it has an influence in what is offered up to us and the choices we make but not always an intended influence.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    pblakeney said:

I still think she is fit and I don't need a reason.

I'll agree with MF here.

She isn't & she's certainly no Laura Meseguer.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    ibr17xvii said:

pblakeney said:

I still think she is fit and I don't need a reason.

I'll agree with MF here.

She isn't & she's certainly no Laura Meseguer.

Don't care.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Ben6899 said:

Ben6899 said:

webboo said:

So there is bunch of middle age men and older discussing the fashion choices of younger men who are successful media stars.
    I wonder how many times this has been played out.

At least they're not commenting on Orla's outfit choices... Twitter the other week was awash with middle aged blokes who think it's appropriate to comment on what women wear.
    The only thing I've really noticed about Orla is that her hair changes every day. Nice to see someone expressing themselves at work, really - it's another little bit that adds to the 'relaxed' vibe people have been commenting on.

The whole format - Brad's, Adam's and Orla's clothes included - is very refreshing. I really like it.
    Same I like to think they’re doing some of the outfits as an in joke, clothing aside I’m really liking the more relaxed commentary in general it feels like mates chatting in the pub rather than sports reporter
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,203
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

It kind of reminds me of this a bit.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391

I wear a lot of Patagonia if that helps.

High Five fellow patagucci fan!

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    ddraver said:

You shop at TKmaxx as well then.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Ooooh really?

(they and TNF gave a local discount in resort making them close to normal price so I have....a lot of those two)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • webboo
    I’m not sure whether they have much in there these days but I have had fleeces, a ski Parker. Last things I got from there were a Montane down gillet and Mammut fleeces hoodie both less than half price. They mostly have a lot cr@p in there these days.
    For TNF there is an outlet shop on the outskirts of York but some of it seems to be made for the outlet shopping rather than for use on the hill.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    webboo said:

I’m not sure whether they have much in there these days but I have had fleeces, a ski Parker. Last things I got from there were a Montane down gillet and Mammut fleeces hoodie both less than half price. They mostly have a lot cr@p in there these days.
    For TNF there is an outlet shop on the outskirts of York but some of it seems to be made for the outlet shopping rather than for use on the hill.

There was an interesting Panorama on this - basically everything you see in outlets / TK Maxx is generally made especially to be sold there. I buy a lot of clothes at TK Maxx and across most items, the quality just isn't as good as full price.
  • webboo
    I think it depends on the brand. In the outlet I occasionally visit the York one, the Jaeger shop stocks stuff that you don’t see in their on line shop. Where as in the Ted Baker shop they have last years stock that was in John Lewis and Browns in York the previous season.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589

webboo said:

There was an interesting Panorama on this - basically everything you see in outlets / TK Maxx is generally made especially to be sold there. I buy a lot of clothes at TK Maxx and across most items, the quality just isn't as good as full price.
    Specifically made to be sold there or just minor defects that mean they won't sell it in their normal stores?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited May 2021
    Pross said:

webboo said:

Specifically made to be sold there or just minor defects that mean they won't sell it in their normal stores?
    Specifically made to be sold there a lower price point and quality. Bicester village is a perfect example of this.

I exaggerate when I say everything, but definitely lots.

There was a Channel 4 - Dispatches on it (not panorama, sorry) but I can't find any links
  • webboo
    There is trendy expensive clothes shop in the next town which sells to sort of stuff Adam and Brad are wearing. One of my mates sons shops there and my mate believes a lot of the stuff is not the real deal due to the quality.
    In TKmaxx it’s clear that some of the well known brands are not the same quality of the full price stuff. Also some items are more expensive than what you would pay buying direct from the brands own web site TM Lewin shirts or Brooktavener shirts for example.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited May 2021
    Blythe may have got the watch when going thro an airport. Or just paid over the odds via a grey dealer/Watchfinder. No shortage of these watches, just a lot of flipped overpriced ones. i can get anything today if I have the money.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ddraver said:

:D

It's really taken over my wardrobe the last few years...