Giro 2021:- Stage 13: Ravenna – Verona 198 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Even Kiesse seems confused why people bother getting breaks on days like today.

It looked like Pellaud is even bored of it and tried to take the intermediate sprint with a sprint from 1km. Gaviria picks up a few points on Sagan.
  • Pross
    Apparently some riders have been ticking over at less than 100w so far.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    I am using today's stage to catch up on Andalusia and the two stages I haven't seen.
    The only problem with this is a double dose of Kirby.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • was just thinking what a mute-fest this stage would've been with CK on the commentary
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    I think they've reduced the gap so they can stop for a coffee.
  • kingstongraham
    Just looked up - is something happening?
  • Pross
    Don't know. I think a few just got bored and attacked for the sake of it unless there's a risk of crosswinds?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200

Just looked up - is something happening?

No
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,877
    edited May 2021
    Mini Belgian attack.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551

Mini Belgian attack.

Does that mean Remco has attacked? He's the smallest Belgian I can think of in the race... ;)
  • blazing_saddles
    These stages are a necessary evil I suppose, but they are hardly going to attract anyone to the sport.
    Just hoping and praying that the GC doesn't have to pay the price for the sprinters to have their day.
  • kingstongraham
    Should this be 50km longer?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    They should put an intermediate sprint for 1 minute bonus halfway through or something stupid like that
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

They should put an intermediate sprint for 1 minute bonus halfway through or something stupid like that

But 1 minute for the sprinters is meaningless. You want a 1 min bonus at the top of an epic climb
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Looks like I timed my day about right, get home and switch on for the last 20km.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Break being left dangling. They are wanting to be caught, but the peloton are reluctant.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Nizzollo finally gets his win
  • kingstongraham
    Yes!!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

But 1 minute for the sprinters is meaningless. You want a 1 min bonus at the top of an epic climb
    Yeah but look at what Bernal and Evenepoel did for that stupid 3 second bonus the other day. It would be carnage.
  • blazing_saddles
    Well, thankfully it's finally over: The stage and Nizzolo's wait.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Affini 2nd, Sagan 3rd
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    Affini was second after he got off the front and was caught just before the line. Sagan was third, but was all over the place in the sprint.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Popular win .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    And Pasqualon does beat Groenewegen again.
  • Pross
    Good sprint that but Affini really went hard. I thought Ganna was going to try something similar at one point as he was very near the front with around 2k to go. Sagan weaving through was impressive too.
  • mididoctors
    I thought Sagan was in danger of tearing his handlebars off
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    In the wind for 400 metres, most of it his sprint.
  • Pross
    Cimolai up there again and yet still seems to get overlooked by the pundits who mention Groenewegen and Viviani on any sprint stage.
  • mididoctors

20 sec time bonus every 10 km that should make for some frantic pedalling
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross said:

Cimolai up there again and yet still seems to get overlooked by the pundits who mention Groenewegen and Viviani on any sprint stage.

The did a career comparison of the two Italians. Viviani has 79 career wins, Cimolai just 9.
    I guess that's why.