Giro 2021:- Stage 4: Piacenza – Sestola 186 km **Spoilers**

1235»

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    edited May 2021
    Do we add Dombrowski to the list of CX racers taking road racing by storm?

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    On paper, Dombrowski's numbers are absolutely world class - but he's never really delivered on it on the road.

Seems a nice guy, happy for him.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Hardly by storm. He was a flash in the pan about 5 or more years ago with whatever Vaughters' team was back then and has now resurfaced with a stage win.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    It was a joke. He's no WVA, MVDP or Pidcock is he?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    andyp said:

I've not written anyone off who finished thirty seconds down. But Almeida and Bennett are out of the picture.

Nibali didn't need to lose 30 seconds to be written off.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815

Hardly by storm. He was a flash in the pan about 5 or more years ago with whatever Vaughters' team was back then and has now resurfaced with a stage win.

A clue to the year that Joe Dom last flashed: It was a North American clean sweep at the Giro.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    RichN95. said:

andyp said:

TGH lost time on Etna because he forgot to eat. Otherwise he was with, or ahead of, the main GC contenders on every stage until he won at Piancavallo.

And maybe someone didn't eat properly today. Or just go badly in awful weather

But if you're going to write someone off because they lost 30s on stage 4 then welcome to your first Giro
    We didn't get s good look at the peloton ...you can see how people are dealing with the conditions. Coverage was limited
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Still a lot to learn about where everyone is at .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    People declaring the Giro after 4 days. 🤣🤣🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    What happened to the Highlights on Quest channel last night? They showed Prologue Highlights.
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,499
    Something went wrong with Eurosport as well. It recorded twice for me, and the first recording was of the prologue even though it said it was stage 4.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    quest were showing the TT stage last night. calling the Giro after stage 4? 2018 it was stage 19 where it turned around and last year was the last day.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    2018 it felt like Yates' problem was that he had launched attacks at every opportunity to gain 10 seconds here, 10 seconds there and went too deep doing that over the course of three weeks. Not going deep to join an attack that gained 11 seconds on day 4 doesn't strike me as problematic.