Football stuff

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,875
    edited November 2022
    ddraver said:

Mr. Neville took a bit of a kicking about it on tonight's HIGNFY - despite the criticism I kinda respect him just taking it really...

Will be child’s play vs the batons of the local police because he said something nice about gays on public.

He’ll have to just take it then too.

https://inews.co.uk/news/qatar-officials-gang-raped-gay-world-cup-hosts-lgbt-people-1949447
  • rick_chasey
    Absolute scandal it’s in Qatar and in f@cking winter - what a joke - but I’ll be f@cked if they then stop me watching the football too.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    The FiA are making the UCI look sensible and credible at the moment tbf.

Genuinely making me feel better about following Pro Cycling in the "naughties"...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,962
    ddraver said:

The FiA are making the UCI look sensible and credible at the moment tbf.

Genuinely making me feel better about following Pro Cycling in the "naughties"...

I've been trying to decide if you've:
    a: added an "I"
    b: missed an "f"
    Or
    C: actually meant the fia and got the wrong thread.

Then realised it still worked for all three groups 🤣
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,805
    I’ll probably watch the Welsh games as I’ve waited 50 years to see them play at a World Cup. Not a huge football fan these days anyway but it’s a bit of history.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Pross said:

I’ll probably watch the Welsh games as I’ve waited 50 years to see them play at a World Cup. Not a huge football fan these days anyway but it’s a bit of history.

It occurred to me yesterday that I hadn’t heard about Bale for a while so had a quick look at his stats for Los Angeles FC. 2 goals early on in his 14 games with no assists. Probably Woking harder on his golf handicap.

At least if he turns up to the World Cup fit he can still have an impact in a Welsh shirt.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited November 2022
    ddraver said:

Mr. Neville took a bit of a kicking about it on tonight's HIGNFY - despite the criticism I kinda respect him just taking it really...

I have a lot of time for Gary Neville. If I were in his shoes, I would have just said "they're paying me a sh1te ton, and I have bills to pay, complain about it to someone else because I'm not interested"
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    seanoconn said:

Pross said:

It occurred to me yesterday that I hadn’t heard about Bale for a while so had a quick look at his stats for Los Angeles FC. 2 goals early on in his 14 games with no assists. Probably Woking harder on his golf handicap.

At least if he turns up to the World Cup fit he can still have an impact in a Welsh shirt.
    Been injured, came on as a sub in the cup final at the weekend and won it for them though.
  • Pross
    I’m finding all these teams seemingly competing to make the most critical comments about Qatar a bit annoying. If you are that opposed to the country have the balls to stand up and be counted properly by refusing to take part.
  • More players at the World Cup came through my local Sunday league team Christ the King and the Coventry academy then came through the Man Utd academy.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    The world cup begins on Sunday. I hadn't realised quite how quickly that had sneaked up. Not sure I'm all that bothered either. Has anyone else got almost total apathy for this?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Tashman said:

The world cup begins on Sunday. I hadn't realised quite how quickly that had sneaked up. Not sure I'm all that bothered either. Has anyone else got almost total apathy for this?

Me. I hope it ends up a total shambles.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Mike Ashley terminating the contract at the CBS Arena making Coventry homeless again 🤯

I’ll be honest I’m that sick and tired of the mismanagement of the club and arena, that I actually find it funny now.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,397

Mike Ashley terminating the contract at the CBS Arena making Coventry homeless again 🤯

I’ll be honest I’m that sick and tired of the mismanagement of the club and arena, that I actually find it funny now.

The place is cursed! Hope something gets sorted for Cov and their fans quickly
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,967

Mike Ashley terminating the contract at the CBS Arena making Coventry homeless again 🤯

Interesting. I'd heard he had terminated the Wasps contract and removed all the Wasps logos etc from the stadium.
    If he's terminated the Coventry FC contact too, what's he going to do with the stadium?
  • Mike Ashley terminating the contract at the CBS Arena making Coventry homeless again 🤯

Interesting. I'd heard he had terminated the Wasps contract and removed all the Wasps logos etc from the stadium.
    If he's terminated the Coventry FC contact too, what's he going to do with the stadium?
    I assume looking for better terms and conditions or distressing SISU into selling him the club on the cheap.

Wonder where we’ll play next. Already ticked off Northampton, Birmingham and Burton 😂
  • RIP Pele…
  • laurentian
    Gianluca Vialli dies at 58. This guy was a class act
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,967

Gianluca Vialli dies at 58. This guy was a class act

Wow. So young.
    As you say, he was sheer class, and along with Gianfranco Zola were awesome for Chelsea.
  • laurentian
    Golf. In that order.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Golf. In that order.

You called it…..

Gareth Bale: Jon Rahm impressed after round in Torrey Pines Pro-Am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/64396924

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,900
    "I told Gareth, 'you can't be so good at professional football and golf at the same time, it just doesn't seem fair'," said the in-form Spaniard, who is seeking his third straight PGA Tour win this week.

I found this amusing. IMO his football was inversely proportional to his golf.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Am I the only person to think that Bale is a total cvnt?

If you accept £500k a week to work for somebody the least you could do is make an effort and put a shift in.

If you don't wnt to be there then leave
  • You might be. It was all caused by complex contractual stuff, injuries, and the manager not selecting him to play.

• rick_chasey

Am I the only person to think that Bale is a total cvnt?

If you accept £500k a week to work for somebody the least you could do is make an effort and put a shift in.

I thought his whole bit was when he was deemed not right for the squad, why should he give up the massive pay cheque they promised him?

It's not like he didn't deliver when they asked him to.

I thought his whole bit was when he was deemed not right for the squad, why should he give up the massive pay cheque they promised him?

It is exactly that he did not deliver when asked.

In the Real version of events he declared himself unfit to play then 3 days later did exactly that for Wales.

Ironically those Welsh fans who love that did not feel the same about Giggs doing the opposite
  • rick_chasey
    edited January 2023

Am I the only person to think that Bale is a total cvnt?

In the Real version of events he declared himself unfit to play then 3 days later did exactly that for Wales.

Ironically those Welsh fans who love that did not feel the same about Giggs doing the opposite
    I meant more, when he played and part of the regular squad he was one of the best players on the pitch; and he was playing amongst some all-time greats.

If Real are mugs that they pay him a tonne regardless if he starts or not, then it's on them for giving him the wrong incentives.

I meant more, when he played and part of the regular squad he was one of the best players on the pitch; and he was playing amongst some all-time greats.

If Real are mugs that they pay him a tonne regardless if he starts or not, then it's on them for giving him the wrong incentives.
    if this were true then he would have played every week
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,333
    edited January 2023
    Averaged 38 appearances a year over the first 6 seasons at Madrid, and won a bit.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,900

Averaged 38 appearances a year over the first 6 seasons at Madrid, and won a bit.

Pity about the last 3 years after that though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.