Football stuff

Comments

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Pross said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Pross said:

Wales could have 5 or 6 on the board by now with the amount of times they've been clean through but a nervy one goal lead at the moment instead. Looked like a very good shout for a handball penalty off Vale's last free kick.

I told my son as Bale stood over that first free kick that he would score. Bale is about as fit as a Vegan butchers dog at the moment but that guy has serious talent!
    I wonder what his career would have looked like if he liked playing football
    Quite. He hasn’t looked interested for years. Thought it might have been different last season at Tottenham but no.
    I mean if at club level throughout his entire career he had the desire that he has for Wales... ie the way Ronaldo has always been.

I remember him dragging Spurs to top 4 in the last part of a season but not much else
    He played well for Spurs (and Southampton before that) but wasn't exactly surrounded by world class talent. If he hadn't performed there Real Madrid wouldn't have paid a then world record fee for him. Even at Madrid he started well before the supporters got on his back, I can understand him losing his motivation if they didn't want him playing and then Zidane starting being a d!ck too. Injuries haven't helped either.
    I am not talking about playing well, I am talking about playing like he does for Wales week in week out. Would he have gone into the history books alongside Ronaldo.

He did not care enough to learn the language or to leave when not being picked
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,740
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

just shows - doesn't count until its in the back of the net!

congrats N Macedonia is all I can say

#fuckme

I guess you have some spare time this summer MF.

I can picture North Macedonia fans singing 'can we play you every week?' :D
    The mighty Cymru are going to win it.

you read it here first.

mad, mad, mad result for Italy. Mad.

Then again they never, ever should have got into that position in the first place. Never.

#pazzo
    Want a bet on Wales?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Pross said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

just shows - doesn't count until its in the back of the net!

congrats N Macedonia is all I can say

#fuckme

I guess you have some spare time this summer MF.

I can picture North Macedonia fans singing 'can we play you every week?' :D
    The mighty Cymru are going to win it.

you read it here first.

mad, mad, mad result for Italy. Mad.

Then again they never, ever should have got into that position in the first place. Never.

#pazzo
    Want a bet on Wales?
    it would clean out your reserves my son.

you and mad vlad, scrabbling for pennies behind the sofa.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,819

Pross said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Pross said:

Wales could have 5 or 6 on the board by now with the amount of times they've been clean through but a nervy one goal lead at the moment instead. Looked like a very good shout for a handball penalty off Vale's last free kick.

I told my son as Bale stood over that first free kick that he would score. Bale is about as fit as a Vegan butchers dog at the moment but that guy has serious talent!
    I wonder what his career would have looked like if he liked playing football
    Quite. He hasn’t looked interested for years. Thought it might have been different last season at Tottenham but no.
    I mean if at club level throughout his entire career he had the desire that he has for Wales... ie the way Ronaldo has always been.

I remember him dragging Spurs to top 4 in the last part of a season but not much else
    He played well for Spurs (and Southampton before that) but wasn't exactly surrounded by world class talent. If he hadn't performed there Real Madrid wouldn't have paid a then world record fee for him. Even at Madrid he started well before the supporters got on his back, I can understand him losing his motivation if they didn't want him playing and then Zidane starting being a d!ck too. Injuries haven't helped either.
    I am not talking about playing well, I am talking about playing like he does for Wales week in week out. Would he have gone into the history books alongside Ronaldo.

He did not care enough to learn the language or to leave when not being picked
    I don't think he had that attitude problem at Spurs (he won the PFA Player's Player award which you don't get if you aren't showing the right attitude) and I think it was six of one, half a dozen of the other at Madrid. The fans never took to him, he started getting grief in his second season there because he was shooting himself instead of passing to Ronaldo - I think he just wasn't Iberian enough for them. That said, rather than take the option that if they don't want me here I won't give them my full effort he could (and should) have gone for the approach of showing them they were wrong. I do find it odd that he is still there and not back in the Premiership all things considered.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    He didn’t seem to be giving full effort last season at spurs.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited March 2022
    @MF - A tenner says Wales won't win it. Are you prepared to wager the annual gdp of Wales on the outcome? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

@MF - A tenner says Wales won't win it. Are you prepared to wager the annual gdp of Wales on the outcome? :)

tbh, i never, ever bet money with friends - its just ugly.

i will, however, wager you a pint and a packet of pork scratchings that if THE MIGHTY CYMRU progress our performances will be universally as far better than whatever overhyped trash your lot do.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

i will, however, wager you a pint and a packet of pork scratchings that if THE MIGHTY CYMRU progress our performances will be universally as far better than whatever overhyped trash your lot do.
    Bottler...
  • Stevo_666

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,578
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why are you adopting Wales as your team for the world cup? It's not like you even live in Wales.
  • masjer
    As an aside, why were you supporting Italy? It's not like you're Italian either.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    masjer said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Why are you adopting Wales as your team for the world cup? It's not like you even live in Wales.
    Because it's better than adopting Italy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    PS; I think MF lives in Wales and he's half Welsh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • masjer
    edited March 2022
    pinno said:

Which half? Not really sure why you'd pretend to live in Wales. He keeps posting pics of his bikes standing outside a large Jersey granite house. Since Jersey is only 9x5 miles, you bump into many of its residents. Guess who I've bumped into there.
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

pinno said:

Which half? Not really sure why you'd pretend to live in Wales. He keeps posting pics of his bikes standing outside a large Jersey granite house. Since Jersey is only 9x5 miles, you bump into many of its residents. Guess who I've bumped into there.
    Give us a clue?
  • seanoconn
    Don’t tell me MF is another cargobike!* 🤦‍♂️

*A forum member pretending to have a different lifestyle than they actually do.
  • Stevo_666
    Ooh, someone knows MF?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

But this is inverse cargobike...
  • masjer
    edited March 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

But this is inverse cargobike...
    Military bases are rarer than hen's teeth on `The Rock`. Smashing the system for the working classes "#fuckthetoryscum" doesn't sit well coming from a tax haven.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,967
    masjer said:

pinno said:

But aren't there about 16 MFs?
  • MattFalle
    edited March 2022

• MattFalle

masjer said:

pinno said:

But aren't there about 16 MFs?
    this may also be correct.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Did I miss a post where someone doxxed MF, but with the wrong info?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ben6899 said:

Somebody claimed he was Cargobikes twin brother :D
  • MattFalle
    webboo said:

Ben6899 said:

CB1 is/was naturally the better looking one.
  • Stevo_666
    So can we get back to talking about how cr@p Italy is at football?
  • seanoconn
    I thought he lived/worked in Wales? And was married to Victoria Pendleton? This is all very disappointing.
  • Stevo_666
    webboo said:

Ben6899 said:

Well that would make me angry. All we need now is to chuck in a comparison or two with Vtech or Robert88.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,738
    Ey, ey, calm down

https://youtu.be/YPIsTKpAoE4

A wee bit too much MFs' info for an internet forum there. Is only bantz innit.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,819
    I don't believe MF is 184cm tall #fakeid