Football stuff

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,711
    The other thing is even if Abramovich sold Chelsea for a profit after a long term hold, it is only one transaction so hardly masks money laundering. A lot more transactions are required for that.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,336
    What would Chelsea's total revenue be over the last 18 years? £6bn?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,711

Turnover was £434m, £407m and £447m in years ending June 2021, June 2020 and June 2019 respectively. It was much lower before though £152m and £149m in June 2006 and June 2005 respectively.

• kingstongraham

Turnover was £434m, £407m and £447m in years ending June 2021, June 2020 and June 2019 respectively. It was much lower before though £152m and £149m in June 2006 and June 2005 respectively.

I just can't see how with so much of that going on transfers and paying off sacked managers, there's enough there to cover him throwing £1bn away on it if it's anything much more than reputation laundering.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Also you don't need to make a profit to launder money. you just need to show provenance of cash. Profit would be stupid anyway as you'll pay tax on it.

Profit is vanity etc. Hence the loans (cash) and losses (tax efficient).

Of course you don't need to make a profit to launder money, and buying something at £x and selling it shortly after at a lower figure sounds alarm bells. So serially buying and selling clubs in that

I just can't see how with so much of that going on transfers and paying off sacked managers, there's enough there to cover him throwing £1bn away on it if it's anything much more than reputation laundering.
    he can throw it away because he's so obscenely utterly totally sickeningly rich.

this isn't a person worth 100 million chucking away 10 million

this is essentially someone worth 100 million chucking away 1 million.

its peanuts to him.

one of hus yachts cost him 600 million. one of them. 600 million plus running costs for something he'll use for two weeks a year.

i'm actually finding people's naivety when it comes to the super rich quite shocking.

chelsea is/was an ego plaything.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • kingstongraham
    Russia launching a bid for the euros in 2028.

Their troll game is strong.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Part of the post war rebuild. FIFA permit brown envelopes.

Slam dunk
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,967

When I heard that on the way home in the car my eye balls nearly went through the windscreen.
  • MattFalle

they really give zerofucks.

i'm sctually not too sure whether they are having a bubble or just really don't realise what belters they are.
  • kingstongraham
    MattFalle said:

they really give zerofucks.

i'm sctually not too sure whether they are having a bubble or just really don't realise what belters they are.
    They'd be in with a good shout of winning it, if they can beat belarus in the final.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,819
    Wales could have 5 or 6 on the board by now with the amount of times they've been clean through but a nervy one goal lead at the moment instead. Looked like a very good shout for a handball penalty off Vale's last free kick.

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,791
    Italy out!
  • Pross
    edited March 2022

Italy out!

Lucky they only played North Macedonia and not the whole of Macedonia (shamelessly stolen from when Wales lost to Western Samoa in rugby).
  • MattFalle

Italy out!

oh my dizzy aunt!!!!!

• MattFalle
    just shows - doesn't count until its in the back of the net!

congrats N Macedonia is all I can say

#fuckme
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,901
    There is only one stat that counts.
    Always.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    You’d be foolish to lose 3-2 when you’re 4-0 up at half time
  • kingstongraham
    It's big of the UK PM to say that Ukraine should be allowed straight into the world cup. Only British sides in the way, so I assume he will get them to step aside.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,738

It's big of the UK PM to say that Ukraine should be allowed straight into the world cup. Only British sides in the way, so I assume he will get them to step aside.

I assume he means that England will withdraw and donate their finals place to Ukraine. Or have I misunderstood?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Is anyone going to watch the WC anyway?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    MattFalle said:

#fuckme

I wish you weren’t so gracious in defeat. No fun sticking the knife in now. 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,741
    MattFalle said:

#fuckme

I guess you have some spare time this summer MF.

I can picture North Macedonia fans singing 'can we play you every week?' :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Pross said:

Wales could have 5 or 6 on the board by now with the amount of times they've been clean through but a nervy one goal lead at the moment instead. Looked like a very good shout for a handball penalty off Vale's last free kick.

I told my son as Bale stood over that first free kick that he would score. Bale is about as fit as a Vegan butchers dog at the moment but that guy has serious talent!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    seanoconn said:

Pross said:

I told my son as Bale stood over that first free kick that he would score. Bale is about as fit as a Vegan butchers dog at the moment but that guy has serious talent!
    I wonder what his career would have looked like if he liked playing football
  • seanoconn

seanoconn said:

Pross said:

Quite. He hasn’t looked interested for years. Thought it might have been different last season at Tottenham but no.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Pross said:

Quite. He hasn’t looked interested for years. Thought it might have been different last season at Tottenham but no.
    I mean if at club level throughout his entire career he had the desire that he has for Wales... ie the way Ronaldo has always been.

I remember him dragging Spurs to top 4 in the last part of a season but not much else
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

#fuckme

I guess you have some spare time this summer MF.

I can picture North Macedonia fans singing 'can we play you every week?' :D
    The mighty Cymru are going to win it.

you read it here first.

mad, mad, mad result for Italy. Mad.

Then again they never, ever should have got into that position in the first place. Never.

#pazzo
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

#fuckme

I wish you weren’t so gracious in defeat. No fun sticking the knife in now. 😕
    ach, NM did v good on two fronts: firstly to get there, secondly to smash us.

Be interesting to see what happens against Portugal now....
  • Pross

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

Pross said:

I mean if at club level throughout his entire career he had the desire that he has for Wales... ie the way Ronaldo has always been.

I remember him dragging Spurs to top 4 in the last part of a season but not much else
    He played well for Spurs (and Southampton before that) but wasn't exactly surrounded by world class talent. If he hadn't performed there Real Madrid wouldn't have paid a then world record fee for him. Even at Madrid he started well before the supporters got on his back, I can understand him losing his motivation if they didn't want him playing and then Zidane starting being a d!ck too. Injuries haven't helped either.