froome

124»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2021
    Massive Attack, Portishead.... tge whole 2000s Bristol scene, the darker follow on from Brit pop.

Ok, I'm a self confessed music head (some people do films, some books, some music) but the Bristol scene was massive.

tonight, over wine and the lughts down please crank on Massive Attack's Mezzanine album - utterly brilliant.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    MattFalle said:

Massive Attack, Portishead.... tge whole 2000s Bristol scene, the darker follow on from Brit pop.

Ok, I'm a self confessed music head (some people do films, some books, some music) but the Bristol scene was massive.

tonight, over wine and the lughts down please crank on Massive Attack's Mezzanine album - utterly brilliant.

Someone will be too busy watching Eurovision.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,570

Not having heard of Queens of the Stone Age? No One Knows was everywhere when it came out. https://open.spotify.com/track/6y20BV5L33R8YXM0YuI38N?si=6Yv8zjZqRYGjYhaUBOZY8Q&utm_source=copy-link

Granted, I was probably in it's key listening demographic at the time. I remember the video very clearly.

I know Massive Attack better than I probably would do since they're from Bristol.

I've heard that song before
    Had no idea who it was

Seems I'm just not that interested in music

You'll be delighted to hear that with all this ignorance you have very much gone up in my estimations. Commit to your primary duty as Bike Radar's Northern Ireland correspondent, and don't worry about these trivial matters of popular culture.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    MattFalle said:

More early to mid 90s. I was at Bristol University at the time
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    You are correct - i managed to lose several years of my life '96-2001 so its all a bit of a blur, and I don't mean Damon Alban and the lads.

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    MattFalle said:

I'm from Portishead 😉
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2021
    B) .