froome

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    I tend to listen to the birds and the sound of tractor engines while I'm riding
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    miles davis did a great album of that title - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Johnson_(album)
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    gsk82 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsL9E0D6wI
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,146
    gsk82 said:

Ronnie Wood's old band? I'm not familiar with Sound of Tractor Engines though, which album is it off?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,809
    elbowloh said:

Am I the only one who listens to science or comedy podcasts when they cycle?

I do this. Quickly Kevin and Peter Crouch my current favourites
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSntFujR6Yw

One to get the heartrate up...?

For context, they played that through headphones when I was having an MRI scan. i.e. when you mustn't move!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

Since we’re doing own own playlists:

So a quick shuffle on my Spotify

The Hunter - Slaves
    Eating Glue - Paranoid London
    Medication - QOTSA
    Synrise- Soulwax remix - Goose
    Intro - Alex baxe
    Sleep sound - Jamie xx
    Inner City Life - Goldie
    Risingson - massive attack
    Hidden xs - f@ck buttons
    Europa - Agoria
    IZ-US - aphex twin

Not one song do I know

Truth be told most I'm not sure which words are the song title and which are the band
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    RichN95. said:

On Shuffle

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
    Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
    Givin Up the Nappy Dug Out - Ice Cube
    Country House - Blur
    A Million Dreams - Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams
    Sweetest Thing - U2
    Dream a little dream - Beautiful South
    Eat Sleep Rave Repeat - Fat Boy Slim
    Freedom 90 - George Michael
    Heaven - Avicii

More like it
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ddraver said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSntFujR6Yw

One to get the heartrate up...?

For context, they played that through headphones when I was having an MRI scan. i.e. when you mustn't move!
    that is flippin' awful. there are no words for it. syrupy, bubble gum candy floss dross for the unthinking wanna be middle class masses.

awful.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

The Hunter - Slaves
    Medication - QOTSA
    Intro - Alex baxe
    Sleep sound - Jamie xx
    Inner City Life - Goldie
    Hidden xs - f@ck buttons
    Europa - Agoria
    IZ-US - aphex twin

Not one song do I know

Truth be told most I'm not sure which words are the song title and which are the band
    So every single one is more than 5 years old.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Not sure how to make Spotify just shuffle stuff.

Mine's a bit messed up with all the crap I listen to on the turbo (whatever is on the Spotify workout playlists or Dance Classics).

Although I do know that Snoop Dogg was my most listened to artist of 2020.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Not sure how to make Spotify just shuffle stuff.

Mine was just a shuffle of my 'Liked Songs'
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969

Not one song do I know

I am a self confessed old bar steward and I have albums from 5 of the artists.
    Just how old are you? 🤣🤣🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited May 2021

The Hunter - Slaves
    Medication - QOTSA
    Intro - Alex baxe
    Sleep sound - Jamie xx
    Inner City Life - Goldie
    Hidden xs - f@ck buttons
    Europa - Agoria
    IZ-US - aphex twin

Not one song do I know

You've not heard of Massive Attack, Goldie or Queens of the Stone Age?

As an aside, a school friend of mine is a Jungle MC and is part of Goldie's crew that he gigs with. Another friend of mine is Goldie's bikram yoga teacher...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • bobmcstuff

elbowloh said:

Am I the only one who listens to science or comedy podcasts when they cycle?

I tried this. Did not work.

You really need something that drowns out all thoughts. Something with a nice 4 on the floor helps trick your body into thinking that you're getting some pleasure out of your movement.

I suspect Froome's playlist is just a flex in how mentally capable he is that he doesn't need to feel like his ears and head are being kicked in 120-130 times per minute to distract from how much he's suffering.
    Yeah I only listen to podcasts when I am doing easy stuff
  • bobmcstuff
    OK I found some screenshot from my Spotify Wrapped from last year:

• tailwindhome
    elbowloh said:

You've not heard of Massive Attack, Goldie or Queens of the Stone Age?

I've heard of Massive Attack & Goldie, but if my life depended on it I couldn't name one song

I've heard of Queens of the Stone Age, but only because Rick mentioned them on here before.

• tailwindhome
    edited May 2021
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,534
    Given that Blue Lines came out 30 years ago you'd have to be pretty bloody old to be too old to know Massive Attack (and I speak as someone who was an adult when it came out)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • elbowloh

Given that Blue Lines came out 30 years ago you'd have to be pretty bloody old to be too old to know Massive Attack (and I speak as someone who was an adult when it came out)

I know loads of bands from the 50s and 60s, some even not mega bands. I know Glen Miller. I know Al Jolson.

Massive Attacks tunes are still very much played today on radio and in TV shows and films.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    This is a symptom of living in a cultural echo chamber. I think Rick has said he doesn't listen to live radio (maybe live TV also), so you never see or hear things I have never already self selected. It leaves a narrow very cultural I path and a poorer one also I would argue.

You will never just accidentally come across something hat you will end up loving. You'll hear a lot of stuff you don't like also however, but it's worth it.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • RichN95.
    About ten/fifteen years ago you couldn’t watch a documentary on TV without a track from Massive Attack’s Mezzanine popping up
  • tailwindhome
    If I know a Massive Attack song from an ad, then I'll know it as 'the song from the xyz ad'
  • RichN95.

If I know a Massive Attack song from an ad, then I'll know it as 'the song from the xyz ad'

The theme music for Luther
    Also the theme music for House in the US
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    I mean they did sell out the 02 for the 20 year anniversary of the album.
    elbowloh said:

This is a symptom of living in a cultural echo chamber. I think Rick has said he doesn't listen to live radio (maybe live TV also), so you never see or hear things I have never already self selected. It leaves a narrow very cultural I path and a poorer one also I would argue.

You will never just accidentally come across something hat you will end up loving. You'll hear a lot of stuff you don't like also however, but it's worth it.

I mean as in literally live. You can listen to a radio show a hour after the fact and skip the rubbish.
  • bobmcstuff
    Not having heard of Queens of the Stone Age? No One Knows was everywhere when it came out. https://open.spotify.com/track/6y20BV5L33R8YXM0YuI38N?si=6Yv8zjZqRYGjYhaUBOZY8Q&utm_source=copy-link

Granted, I was probably in it's key listening demographic at the time. I remember the video very clearly.

I know Massive Attack better than I probably would do since they're from Bristol.
  • bobmcstuff
    Josh Homme
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,146
    Even I recognise Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack. Don't know much of their other stuff by name though.
  • tailwindhome

Not having heard of Queens of the Stone Age? No One Knows was everywhere when it came out. https://open.spotify.com/track/6y20BV5L33R8YXM0YuI38N?si=6Yv8zjZqRYGjYhaUBOZY8Q&utm_source=copy-link

Granted, I was probably in it's key listening demographic at the time. I remember the video very clearly.

I know Massive Attack better than I probably would do since they're from Bristol.

I've heard that song before
    Had no idea who it was

Seems I'm just not that interested in music

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,447

I've heard that song before
    Had no idea who it was

Seems I'm just not that interested in music

You are Chris Froome AICMFP.