13»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    pinno said:

Whilst we drink alcohol, wine and beer
    we lecture those experimenting with 'illicit' gear
    the plight of middle class England, dear

You won't make many friends on here with posts like that...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

God knows how to get through to a teenager who is more susceptible to peer pressure than a parent/step parent.
    If shouting or reasoning don't work try guilt or shaming.
    Even use the fact that your daughter would have loved the chance to do her GCSEs and have his opportunities to waste.
    When getting kids back on the straight and narrow, no blow is too low.

I reckon a trip to see Uncle Oxo might do the trick...or the threat of it :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Hmmm, this be tricky as its not our boy and everyone has a different parenting style, everyone's kids are different - even what works with bambina won't work with bambino and vice versa.

Sometimes the screaming/shouting doesn't work - you may find it beneficial to sit him down and explain that yup, he wants to be treated as an adult so you'll talk to him like one, charge him rent like one, expect him to do adult chores, etc.

You know, adult schitt.

It may also be worth pointing out that yup, they are just numbers on a piece of paper but without those numbers he won't earn the money to get his own beautiful casa h3 and trust me, scraping through each month or living on an estate is pretty schitt.

And yup, without the right numbers on that piece of paper he can't even join the Army, so welcome to the McJob industry.

Yeah, but what about my Haiku's?
    Wire brush and paraffin, that'll sort them. Trust me.

#healthcareprofessional
    the Big Yin swore by wire brush and dettol.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Stevo_666 said:

God knows how to get through to a teenager who is more susceptible to peer pressure than a parent/step parent.
    If shouting or reasoning don't work try guilt or shaming.
    Even use the fact that your daughter would have loved the chance to do her GCSEs and have his opportunities to waste.
    When getting kids back on the straight and narrow, no blow is too low.

I reckon a trip to see Uncle Oxo might do the trick...or the threat of it :)
    A weekend in Jockland on Concorde, Mad dog 20/20, chips with curry sauce and deep fried, battered Mars bars will cure him for life.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    Balls to Monday, I’m going home.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited February 2021
    sungod said:

second stroll haiku:

Exact pattern haiku , sungod

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Hmmm, this be tricky as its not our boy and everyone has a different parenting style, everyone's kids are different - even what works with bambina won't work with bambino and vice versa.

Sometimes the screaming/shouting doesn't work - you may find it beneficial to sit him down and explain that yup, he wants to be treated as an adult so you'll talk to him like one, charge him rent like one, expect him to do adult chores, etc.

You know, adult schitt.

It may also be worth pointing out that yup, they are just numbers on a piece of paper but without those numbers he won't earn the money to get his own beautiful casa h3 and trust me, scraping through each month or living on an estate is pretty schitt.

And yup, without the right numbers on that piece of paper he can't even join the Army, so welcome to the McJob industry.

Yeah, but what about my Haiku's?
    Wire brush and paraffin, that'll sort them. Trust me.

#healthcareprofessional
    the Big Yin swore by wire brush and dettol.
    dettol? far too posh.

not made of money me, see.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Is there any efficacy to using petrol? Only, I don't have any paraffin.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Petrol will work fine. Diesel no.

If using petrol be sure to rub some vinegar in afterwards - I recommend Sarsons.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    edited February 2021
    oxoman said:

Try some Brut its cheaper and I'm sure you've got some hanging around or old spice.

Just splash it all over
  • MattFalle
    Soak a flannel in it.

cable tie flannel to rolling pin.

smash Old Spice into whatever needs it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw, drove in as I really don't want to injure myself again. Computer system still fighting, unfortunately I keep checking things and finding problems. I need to stop looking for problems so I don't find any.
    Nice bike HM.
    Can't offer any advice H³, bizarrely mine have been quite easy. As Mr GTI says trying to help him see for himself would be best. But I have no idea how. Understanding he'd have to deal with a bit of pain then could enjoy a carefree summer with the support of both sets of parents if he actually tried would be ideal. Hope all works out somehow.
    Might start the Tuesday thread in a minute, I suspect I know how my day will pan out.
  • The first 2022 ski holiday is booked! Let’s just hope the world is back on track.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

The first 2022 ski holiday is booked! Let’s just hope the world is back on track.

Where are you headed HD?
  • Corvara on the 29th of Jan, booked early as I think places are going to be filled with holiday starved skiers next winter.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666

Corvara on the 29th of Jan, booked early as I think places are going to be filled with holiday starved skiers next winter.

I think you're right. I'll have to take my chances with a last minute out of season late booking job when the time comes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited February 2021