Sunday - J'ai dû dormir dans la gouttière, où j'ai eu un flash (hou-hou-oou-oou!)

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

oh.
    my.
    word.

sheer, utter, total perfection.

i think i've just spaffed myself.

its the TDNFNATN of bicycles.

grazie, grazie!

Right, ebay here we come.

Yeah it had some serious provenance queries... a vague possibility it was actually one of the bikes Cipo rode...

And the asking price was suitably eye-watering...

its just amazing.

So cool.
    So Spinergy.
    So yellow.
    Will annoy soooo many clubbies.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Next door's kitten was howling to go back inside out of the cold earlier. It came to see what I was doing but it's still too timid to come in and sit on a radiator. I've prepared some culinary bribes for next time.

You keep doing that and it will move in.

One of my friends, she is a cat person, has stolen has adopted looks after one of her neighbours cats. Denies the cat is 'hers' but the cat lives there 99.9% of the time.
    Previous neighbours got a fawn coloured kitten which used to love climbing up the fence to see what bike fettling I was up to. I'd look up and there would be a little face watching me through the gap.
    It ran away in the end, I think it got sick of the constant screaming kids and adults.
    They eventually got another, and then moved out about 12 months later. The new cat wasn't having any of it and left to come and live back up here. I'm pretty sure they took it with them and didn't dump it, but wouldn't be surprised if they did.
    It decided to move in with the people across the road.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    seanoconn said:

Late start, wife bonked, coffee drunk, breakfast on the go. Seriously unimpressed with the size of the latest snow flakes.

So who's the frozen gnome next to my pond with dog p1ss on him?

Afternoon all, went for a walk out with the hounds in a slightly soggy and snowy winter wonderland. They like the snow, especially as they can eat it.

Now watching more soggy white stuff fall and wondering if its worth running later on. Time for lunch I reckon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

secretsam said:

I am unimpressed by this "Beast of the East", it's blue skies here in Bucks.

Get yourself over to Lincolnshire then , cold wind , snow and a mixture of sleet
    Performance the course up in Lincs LD? I remember having a track day or two at Cadwell called off due to snow in March many moons ago.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today I’ve mostly been running and dumping soil in the woods using this beast

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

Tesco shopping collection from the depot. 2-4 time booked. Just been told that I have another half hour before the van arrives. Intermittent turning the engine on to warm up. Lucky I have lots of data should I need to start watching the rugby.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

You have you’re own red tractor!? I want one 😔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

Tesco shopping collection from the depot. 2-4 time booked. Just been told that I have another half hour before the van arrives. Intermittent turning the engine on to warm up. Lucky I have lots of data should I need to start watching the rugby.

If you need a trained survivalist to help I’m your man 👍
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    edited February 2021
    Freezing cold here so ride abandoned, doing the bathroom instead.
    Got both wood burners going today!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    old next door neighbours stole my cat.

they said it moved in by itself and was no problem.

so did it cut the hole in your front door for the new cat flap itself thenyoufuckers? said I.

#catthievingfuckers
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We "stole" one of ours (the one that died before Christmas).

She kept coming round and the wife didn't know where from, so she put a tag on it saying the car kept coming over and her phone number. The person that owned the cat didn't want her and said my wife could have her.

Our mistake, she was mental. She'd come to be stroked, which if you did she'd attack you. She so just lash out at you randomly sometimes if you walked past her.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Next door's kitten was howling to go back inside out of the cold earlier. It came to see what I was doing but it's still too timid to come in and sit on a radiator. I've prepared some culinary bribes for next time.

You keep doing that and it will move in.

I can confirm that. ;)
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

If you need a trained survivalist to help I’m your man 👍
    Thanks - I appreciate that. I don’t know how but I survived it. Scarred now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Lack of trust, badly treated. I had a cat that adopted me. She must have been stray for a while. Couldn't pick her up for about 6 months. Then we were friends.
    She would listen for the noise of my car and come running out to greet me.
    Got killed on the road unfortunately.
    Never had a cat so loyal - almost dog like. Full of fun. Used to play hide and seek with her in the house.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Does anyone know you're dumping soil?

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Roasting a nice chicken. Roasting several potatoes in lard. Shredded cabbage will be wilted in some of the chicken pan juices. Broccoli. Carrots. Gravy made with homemade stock.

Not much of the forecast snedge. Just shyte sleet in a strongish northern easterly.

Boy appears to be turning into Cheech and/or Chong. His father confiscated this lot after catching him in the garden on Friday night. I had all kinds of suspicions, missing money, ravenous consumption of snacks, general dullness and lack of motivation, but hadn't caught him in flagrante delicto, well, not since last summer. His freedom has gone up in smoke...

• hopkinb said:

Roasting a nice chicken. Roasting several potatoes in lard. Shredded cabbage will be wilted in some of the chicken pan juices. Broccoli. Carrots. Gravy made with homemade stock.

Not much of the forecast snedge. Just shyte sleet in a strongish northern easterly.

Boy appears to be turning into Cheech and/or Chong. His father confiscated this lot after catching him in the garden on Friday night. I had all kinds of suspicions, missing money, ravenous consumption of snacks, general dullness and lack of motivation, but hadn't caught him in flagrante delicto, well, not since last summer. His freedom has gone up in smoke...

Always preferred a bit of red lebonese in my yoof...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

hopkinb said:

I find it difficult to have a go, but he's failing his GCSEs.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

Makes me paranoid just looking at that. I was convinced my toothbrush trying to kill me the last time and was paranoid that I’d be paranoid forever, never again!

He needs a butt kicking but with an encouraging finale if that’s possible. Tricky, don’t envy you hop, good luck.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, should have kept hibernating but had to get provisions. Wobbled back from the supermarket with overloaded panniers. The EPO wanted to get some stuff from B&Q, I think she's going stir crazy from too much time in the house. Unfortunately I had to take her, picked up some coal for the old dear and dropped that round. She complained the heating was making gurgling noises so I baked the radiators for her. Got the fright if my life when I noticed this on one of them.
  • MattFalle
    edited February 2021
    hopkinb said:

Do you want an MF to pay him a visit? Explain him the errors of his ways?
  • MattFalle
    In happier news, watched The Breakfast Club with Bambina (her first viewing). Its as amazing as it ever was.

Dropped off bike I sold so its good that thats gone - dude got a good deal and is happy so thats a winner.

Now just having a glass of wine with TDV before dinner.
  • hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

I find it difficult to have a go, but he's failing his GCSEs.
    Ah, that young..... take him to the homeless shelter.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    hopkinb said:

Best of luck with that Hoppy.
    Never had that problem with my 2 when they were young unless of course I didn't catch them.
    Drink yes, drugs no.
    With the drinking, I could relate as I did the same.
    Never tried drugs so don't know how I would have reacted.
  • elbowloh
    But did he inhale?

I wouldn't worry too much if it's just a bit of spliff. F#ck it even David Cameron tried it and he's as dull as f#ck, although there was the incident with the pig.

It probably won't be long until it's legal I suspect and drinking seems to be much more harmful
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    Problem is, jeff up your gcse and you're stuffed at 16.

get through gcse
    get through a levels
    get into uni
    get caned & laid

i submitted that job application today and looking at my exam results could see exactly where i discovered booze, birds and gear.

AS levels - A and B across the board

A levels - errr not so much

Degree - back on track

But it could have gone so wrong
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb said:

seen too many mess up their lives

point out that it fu​cks his short term memory

remind him that it fu​cks his short term memory

tell him that it fu​cks his short term memory

ask him what it does to his short term memory, if he gets it wrong, tell him what happened to charles freck

the next thing he knew, a creature from between dimensions was standing beside his bed looking down at him disapprovingly.

the creature had many eyes, all over it, ultra-modern expensive-looking clothing, and rose up eight feet high. also, it carried an enormous scroll.

"you're going to read me my sins," charles freck said.
    the creature nodded and unsealed the scroll.
    freck said, lying helpless on his bed, "and it's going to take a hundred thousand hours."

fixing its many compound eyes on him, the creature from between dimensions said, "we are no longer in the mundane universe. lower-plane categories of material existence such as 'space' and 'time' no longer apply to you. you have been elevated to the transcendent realm. your sins will be read to you ceaselessly, in shifts, throughout eternity. the list will never end."

know your dealer. charles freck thought, and wished he could take back the last half-hour of his life.

a thousand years later he was still lying there on his bed with the ayn rand book and the letter to exxon on his chest, listening to them read his sins to him. they had gotten up to the first grade, when he was six years old.

ten thousand years later they had reached the sixth grade.
    the year he had discovered masturbation.
    he shut his eyes, but he could still see the multi-eyed, eight-foot-high being with its endless scroll reading on and on.
    "and next-" it was saying.

charles freck thought, it least i got a good wine.

if he still doesn't get it, an old magneto telephone test set and croc clips is a classic method
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That's dull H³, similarly I would struggle to get too annoyed about it. I try to encourage moderation, but difficult situation. Has anyone mentioned it fucks your shirt term memory?
  • elbowloh

That's dull H³, similarly I would struggle to get too annoyed about it. I try to encourage moderation, but difficult situation. Has anyone mentioned it fucks your shirt term memory?

I can never remember my shirts.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk