Sunday - J'ai dû dormir dans la gouttière, où j'ai eu un flash (hou-hou-oou-oou!)

Yeah, that.

Brrr... Are you still there Seano? You must have BBQ'd the contents of that pond by now.
Can't you break into Sea life?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    I hope he's not still out there as its gopping (copyright Stevo_666) and the hounds will p1ss on him when they go out for their last leak before bedtime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry but that easterly wind is cold to say the least, dog walked , just waiting for the coffee, definitely indoor cycling today.
    Pinno was the gutter comfortable?
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    'ning

cold, so cold

didn't fancy another soggy ride, cafe stroll, lazing, bubbly, tried a day without, life is just better with bubbly: physics
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Just went outside to sort the bins and it was starting to snow lightly. I think it's stopped now but it wasn't forecast until this evening.
    Pilates in a bit, then who knows.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited February 2021

Pinno was the gutter comfortable?

That's immaterial, it was a moment of epiphany.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    how's splash?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I am unimpressed by this "Beast of the East", it's blue skies here in Bucks.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pinno
    Dunno. It got lost in some Belgian-French metaphor.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    secretsam said:

Get yourself over to Lincolnshire then , cold wind , snow and a mixture of sleet
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Windy, cold, showers. Sitting in a car park while boy has tennis lesson.

Have to review a Scope of Practice but as you can imagine its not the most interesting of things so its sitting on the passenger seat gathering dust.

Get home, finish one bike, start on another, get all sold stuff out of my life asap.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    Why are your bikes always in various states of assembly MF?

Oh hang on, they reflect the owner.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Late start, wife bonked, coffee drunk, breakfast on the go. Seriously unimpressed with the size of the latest snow flakes.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    If she bonked, perhaps more carbs?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Yeah, that.

Brrr... Are you still there Seano? You must have BBQ'd the contents of that pond by now.
    Can't you break into Sea life?

Brrrrr, no it was too cold and there were wolves after me.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We have some very light snow, almost sleet. The ground is wet and so the snow isn't settling. It's brass monkeys though.

Indoor day today.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Breakfasted and still slobbing around in “lounge wear” while musing on gate crashing threads and talking nonsense. Rest day today (but marking and leading maths departments work to do before tea). Oh and rugby this afternoon

All good.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

😂😂😂

tbf, i'm only building up these two as i've sold them, otherwise they would just be a pile of bits in the loft.

I suppose I just enjoy tinkering tbh - never really enjoyed anything "straight from the box", be it bi-cycle or motor-bike - I think its why I didn't really gel with the S3 until I started taking it apart and putting bits I chose on it.

Once these two are done I've got a Basso Ascot to do (but that needs a full respray as well and its too small for me, so its a wall hanger only) and sorting Dirk's stem, then thats that unless I stumble upon a suitably cool 57cm CAAD that needs retro-ing into a Saeco rep.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

😂😂😂

I suppose I just enjoy tinkering tbh - never really enjoyed anything "straight from the box", be it bi-cycle or motor-bike - I think its why I didn't really gel with the S3 until I started taking it apart and putting bits I chose on it.
    This, exactly this!!! Tinkering is the bomb. Once done, the bike is truly yours, not the same as anyone else’s.

Plus, given how cerebral and fleeting (in terms of thousands of kids moving through the system over the last 30 years of my career, most of whom forget all about their maths teacher when they leave) my job is, it’s so nice to have something tangible to show for my time.
  • Morning all. Bad luck if you were waiting for a Specialized bike, big fire at their UK HQ last night:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/live-60-firefighters-blaze-chessington-19786992

All those tyres and lithium batteries won't have helped...

Looks like Canyon UK are based on the same business park, dunno if they were affected.
  • secretsam said:

4 degrees and sunshine here in the south. Jinxed it by readying the garden for snow.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098

Get yourself over to Lincolnshire then

Why on earth would I want to do that?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • thistle_
    Has a pathetic drizzle of snow if that's a thing. Stopped now and just cold.

Next door's kitten was howling to go back inside out of the cold earlier. It came to see what I was doing but it's still too timid to come in and sit on a radiator. I've prepared some culinary bribes for next time.

Might take some stuff apart to counter all that assembling that the MFs and V68 are doing.
  • MattFalle said:

pinno said:

😂😂😂

tbf, i'm only building up these two as i've sold them, otherwise they would just be a pile of bits in the loft.

Once these two are done I've got a Basso Ascot to do (but that needs a full respray as well and its too small for me, so its a wall hanger only) and sorting Dirk's stem, then thats that unless I stumble upon a suitably cool 57cm CAAD that needs retro-ing into a Saeco rep.
    This was for sale here a while ago...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

😂😂😂

Mmmm bananaery 🤤 😋
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

Next door's kitten was howling to go back inside out of the cold earlier. It came to see what I was doing but it's still too timid to come in and sit on a radiator. I've prepared some culinary bribes for next time.

You keep doing that and it will move in.

• MattFalle

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

😂😂😂

oh.
    my.
    word.

sheer, utter, total perfection.

i think i've just spaffed myself.

its the TDNFNATN of bicycles.

grazie, grazie!

Right, ebay here we come.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Suspect it's a six dinner sid type.
    It will be easier to train it not to dig up the garden if we're on good terms.
  • MattFalle said:

oh.
    my.
    word.

sheer, utter, total perfection.

i think i've just spaffed myself.

its the TDNFNATN of bicycles.

grazie, grazie!

Right, ebay here we come.

Yeah it had some serious provenance queries... a vague possibility it was actually one of the bikes Cipo rode...

And the asking price was suitably eye-watering...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

One of my friends, she is a cat person, has stolen has adopted looks after one of her neighbours cats. Denies the cat is 'hers' but the cat lives there 99.9% of the time.

Bit hungover today, 1983 was a long time ago, so the highlight of the day probably will be collecting the hair clippers I ordered. 🤔 then what?

#1 Daughter off for The Test this pm, has developed a horrid cough so getting herself checked out. Bring back the season of sun, heat, UV perlease.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Bring back the season of sun, heat, UV perlease.

Home bargains had tons of suncream and after sun on sale yesterday so maybe they know something we don't.
    It wasn't taped off as "non essential" either.