The Rugby Thread

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,540
    Looking at the replays the first try is more dubious than the second. I can see the call for it being a knock on but no-one seems to know the law plus I think it may have gone straight down off the hand then forward off the leg.

The refs communication is terrible and some of the penalties given at breakdowns (both ways) have been too quick to allow players to play the ball or roll away.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    And of course England would say “no, ref, you’re ok. Take those points off us, you cocked it up mate”
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    First try - not in a million years was the ref fair and even there. Great cross kick though and 100% not the fault of the Welsh.
    Second try, deffo knock on - lost control, ball goes forward, then hits England player. LRZ knew it.

Classy by Faletau to not try to cheat a third following the 2 knock ons later.

I don't think people will realise how good a finish it was by Watson.
    Daly proving he is useless, scared of the tackle rather than giving May a walk in.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    First try is, quite possibly, career-ending for the referee.

Second one not so much
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    I did wonder whether Faletau would tap it down just in case!

I said at the time it was a good finish by Watson. If he hadn't taken the little step back inside he would have been held up.
  • Pross
    Well that one was England snoozing after a stupid in the side penalty.
  • Just to clarify it was the TMO that confirmed the 2nd Welsh try.
    Brexit strikes again. o:)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Currie should have taken the card and stopped that.
  • ddraver
    When even Jiffy and 'Mooro' agree the ref's poor it's not a great sign

(Unfortunately, I'm more listening than watching)
    - @ddraver
  • johngti
    Football-style celebration 😔
  • ddraver
    ddraver said:

I think it's difficult to make a score prediction for Eng v Wal.

I am however certain that it will be a dreadful game

I think I might have lost this bet, although not for the reasons I'd have assumed...
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Common sense at last
  • ddraver
    Well, so you equalise then give away 9 points in under 5 mins... 🤔
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    edited February 2021
    Karma's a b1tch eh JRZ? 😂

Jomboy Media* needs to do a breakdown of that

(*You Tube person)
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Ultimately despite the "questionable" tries England could have won that with better discipline. England the better team for 60 minutes before caving.
  • In the end a comprehensive win for Wales.
    Chalk up another Tripple Crown.

Now off to see the official 100 cap awarded
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver said:

ddraver said:

I think it's difficult to make a score prediction for Eng v Wal.

I am however certain that it will be a dreadful game

I think I might have lost this bet, although not for the reasons I'd have assumed...
    Overall though I stand by it....
    - @ddraver
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    For at lease a decade now England have had terrible discipline and constantly give away too many penalties and at crucial moments too.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti

In the end a comprehensive win for Wales.

He made some outstanding tackles too! Some good lines run, looked comfortable in the position. Good day in the office.
  • Pross
    edited February 2021
    elbowloh said:

For at lease a decade now England have had terrible discipline and constantly give away too many penalties and at crucial moments too.

They need to change captain.

Edit - although he did deal well with that moron Sonia McLaughlin. How she has kept her job so long is a mystery to me.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dreadful final quarter from England, and the ref can't be blamed for that. Sadly the ref destroyed the game with the one sided decisions in the first half. He wasn't fair and even.

Well done Wales, but they are a very, very lucky team. Probably squeak and Grand Slam too, but as with the last couple, the side isn't good enough to deserve it.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    GET IN! GET IN!

Cymru mighty massive destroyed the puny English.

A wonderful, wonderful victory.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Pross

Dreadful final quarter from England, and the ref can't be blamed for that. Sadly the ref destroyed the game with the one sided decisions in the first half. He wasn't fair and even.

Well done Wales, but they are a very, very lucky team. Probably squeak and Grand Slam too, but as with the last couple, the side isn't good enough to deserve it.

I've said for years that the international success is papering over the cracks but ultimately it has been the most successful Welsh team in my memory (too young to remember the glory days) and I'm not sure a side can do that without being good enough.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

In the end a comprehensive win for Wales.

this.

Comprehensive win.

Rockin' total domination victory.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Pross said:

I've said for years that the international success is papering over the cracks but ultimately it has been the most successful Welsh team in my memory (too young to remember the glory days) and I'm not sure a side can do that without being good enough.
    I guess I mean that you expect it to take a very, very good side to win a GS.
    I don't think the last few Welsh GS teams have fitted that as has been repeatedly proven on the wider international stage.
    Ireland's GS side went on to beat the ABs.

England have gone on to win World Cups or get to the final.
  • Pross
    Lineout way better this week.

Daly will have nightmares looking at that third try. Even at the lowly level I played we had it drummed in not to turn you back at a penalty.
  • Pross

Pross said:

I don't think the last few Welsh GS teams have fitted that as has been repeatedly proven on the wider international stage.

Wales narrowly missed out on the final at the last RWC and were briefly world number 1.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    elbowloh said:

TBH, they didn't used to only because they seemed to be able to get away with pushing the boundaries while getting away with it. They have not been getting away with recently.
    Then again, my England win call post showed how little I know.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Pross said:

Lineout way better this week.

Daly will have nightmares looking at that third try. Even at the lowly level I played we had it drummed in not to turn you back at a penalty.

Daly is the worst one on one tackler in international rugby, makes the wrong option way too often, and was fast asleep for the third try. Still he has compromising photos of Eddie which he has shared with Billy V and Fazlet.
  • johngti

Pross said:

Sorry but that’s utter nonsense. Every team rides it’s luck most of the time. Would you only be happy if wales lost in the style of Italy week in week out? Most of the England wins in the 00’s were on the back of the most boring, forward oriented play you could see. You can’t even begin to make the claim that they’re more deserving.