wednesday renormalized

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    What's the painting ^?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't know which is worse, pics of plants or coffee. ;)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,410
    pinno said:

What's the painting ^?

West Wittering beach in autumn
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Don't know which is worse, pics of plants or coffee. ;)

Completely agree, blame Pinno 👍
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

New house plants £150. Why!? I’m bored with them already.

What were they?!
    seanoconn said:

Bike service/repair £220.

Ouch. You could have shipped it to me (£40 each way) and given me some Guinness money for less.
    Plus sundries of course.
    Please post a detailed invoice.

Swiss cheese plant, Monstera. Had a big one before the kids broke it.

Calathea ornata, pinstripe/prayer plant. The leaves raise and lower during the day, you can hear them moving about, quite cool.

Philodendron imperial red.

A palm and trailing devils ivy.

I’ll post a pic of the bike invoice 👍
    Wasn't that plant in this...and it talked

https://youtu.be/6HLX2weZfkA

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I like the plants and the coffees and the dinners and the art. Coffees are being posted to annoy Pinno I think.

The tank is safely squatting malevolently on next door's drive, poking out on to the pavement by maybe 40 cm - the wheel axles are level with the wall. Wonder if I'll get into trouble - most cars do protrude a bit, but mine is winning. I've applied for a subsidised 7KW charging point, wonder if I'll get it. One of the conditions for subsidy is off street parking, which I do have, but only down to the goodness of my neighbour.

Was not Ben6898 thinking of moving house?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Just had the Ox-AZ vaccine. First dose. It's particularly big for me because I am going to tell family who will find out at the same time the reason behind me being prioritised.

(I don't work frontline, for the NHS, carer etc...)

Happy to report that the process was smooth and there was a steady flow of people duly attending their appointments.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Bike service/repair £220. The line was bad and he was talking too fast but I think he mentioned new Jockey wheel. Whatever, the bike better be clicking noise free when I get it back!

I saved a fortune by buying a few tools and asking V68 to teach me how to hit my bike with a hammer. He's a patient teacher - last time I saw him he'd just been knocked off his bike though, and the poor b*gger couldn't grip the mallet very well. I did bring him beer though, and we had a cup of tea and a natter in the sunshine. Remember that? Meeting people? Sunshine?

• seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

What were they?!
    seanoconn said:

Ouch. You could have shipped it to me (£40 each way) and given me some Guinness money for less.
    Plus sundries of course.

Calathea ornata, pinstripe/prayer plant. The leaves raise and lower during the day, you can hear them moving about, quite cool.

Can I interest you in some magic beans?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Ben6899 said:

Just had the Ox-AZ vaccine. First dose. It's particularly big for me because I am going to tell family who will find out at the same time the reason behind me being prioritised.

Happy to report that the process was smooth and there was a steady flow of people duly attending their appointments.

Well, that's just a big tease of a post!

Hope all is well Ben.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    edited January 2021

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

What were they?!
    seanoconn said:

Plus sundries of course.

Oh yes please, I was on my way to the market to sell stevo’s missus* but I’ll trade her for the beans.

* You know I didn’t mean that stevo 😘 I’m sure she’s much nicer than you let on.
  • ballysmate
    Sean, you do know they are coffee beans and you will have to post a pic of you brew?
  • hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Bike service/repair £220. The line was bad and he was talking too fast but I think he mentioned new Jockey wheel. Whatever, the bike better be clicking noise free when I get it back!

I saved a fortune by buying a few tools and asking V68 to teach me how to hit my bike with a hammer. He's a patient teacher - last time I saw him he'd just been knocked off his bike though, and the poor b*gger couldn't grip the mallet very well. I did bring him beer though, and we had a cup of tea and a natter in the sunshine. Remember that? Meeting people? Sunshine?

Now you’re just rubbing it in
  • seanoconn

Sean, you do know they are coffee beans and you will have to post a pic of you brew?

Nooooooooooooo
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Ben6899 said:

Great news, hope discussions with family go well
  • Ben6899
    seanoconn said:

I hope it's fixed, for that kind of bunce!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899
    tlw1 said:

Ben6899 said:

Great news, hope discussions with family go well

Better than expected! Just had to reassure that I'm okay and explain why I have sat on the news for a bit.
    Ben

• seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Knock knock. Oh hi V, we haven’t met in person but here’s my bike. Fix it please.

I can’t inconvenience someone else when I’m too lazy to inconvenience myself.
  • Ben6899
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Knock knock. Oh hi V, we haven’t met in person but here’s my bike. Fix it please.

It's not an inconvenience for someone who buys tools for fun (I have a feeling that V68 is like me!)...
    Ben

• ballysmate
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

You could always go and knock at CB's door and ask for "the special". You know, for the times you didn't want to inconvenience yourself.

Just been back to read about his foray into the world of massage parlours. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

cold and wet and foggy here. Yuk. In the gym.

Here is today's coffee - Lavazza red from moka pot...

Says 'Castrol' on the mug - looks like it as well.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

What were they?!
    seanoconn said:

Plus sundries of course.

Oh yes please, I was on my way to the market to sell stevo’s missus* but I’ll trade her for the beans.

* You know I didn’t mean that stevo 😘 I’m sure she’s much nicer than you let on.
    You sure? She had a role in 'Clash of the Titans' and was beheaded by Perseus :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Busy day again, must be firmer with telling people to go take a hike...didn't want to chance my pint of coffee in case I couldn't last through the hours of back to back calls.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

What were they?!
    seanoconn said:

Plus sundries of course.

You sure? She had a role in 'Clash of the Titans' and was beheaded by Perseus :p
    She must be a saint if she can put up with you 👍
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    lavazza, sun, sleepy cat

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning. WFH.

Popping out for half an hour...

Pop it back in and do up your zip.
    Yup - it'll just get cold and look shrivelled.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just put the boss' hand back together so drinking coffee and eating soup.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

You can't even knock on the right door.

Sell Stevo and keep the wife?

Plants and art and home decor = good
    Pics of coffee = silly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

Pics of coffee = silly.

Keep 'em coming coffee lovers!
  • pinno