Tuesday, Tumultuous Tuesday

13»

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    I wouldn’t be getting any action unless I fix the tent first. There are plenty of neighbours much nearer, matter of principle.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    seanoconn said:

GP COVID tent around the corner is coming apart nicely in the wind, tent poles clanging every few seconds so won’t be sleeping tonight. Can’t someone go and tie it back down again? Pinno, Bally?

I'll just jump in my gold helicopter and zip down there with some glue, string and Duct tape...

Bally won't make it in time - his Zimmer frame is in for a service.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

The better half used to have repeated neck/back issues. Keeps on top of it with weights work. If that helps at all.

Yoga/pilates stuff has helped my bad back. I was doing it at the gym because if you book the class then you have to go and do it, whereas at home it's too easy for me to just sack it off.
    Not sure if there's such a thing as a weights "class" though, but if you're arranging to go with friends it's a similar thing.
    Had a really excellent yoga instructor years ago, but he's in Melbourne and I'm not. :/ He did offer to do classes via Skype or similar but I'd prefer someone "in the room". Tried a bunch of local classes for it and gave up - all run by ditzy dingbats channelling their inner nerf brain.

Agreed on the gym class thing too, incentive to actually do it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    MattFalle said:

Spent the day in the shed mostly, working on shelves for the TV room. It will weigh a ton, made from solid hardwood, thick boards too. Overkill, but should look ok all finished.

Checked out local gym with friends to see if its worth joining. I could do with some extra training to see if I can sort some arm/neck/shoulder/back issues that won't go away. Would prefer to get the gear and have it all at home but until I know if it's going to help I'd rather not stump up the big bucks...

I’d get checked by an osteopath/sports physical first to see if weights will help - ask if they devise a personal training plan with a personal trainer so someone who isn’t completely up to date/experienced doesn’t censored you up.

Yeah I've been in touch with an exercise physiologist in the past, and he was cautious about weights work. But TBH, nothing much else has had a positive effect yet, so it's gotta be worth a go. Weirdly, I find I get some relief from the neck issues if I spend a day with a few strips of k-tape in the right spots, so I'm assuming the cause is muscle problems in the first place. The tape absolutely shreds my skin though so not a fix I can do often - if I can train the muscles to do what the tape does instead I should be in a better place.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

GP COVID tent around the corner is coming apart nicely in the wind, tent poles clanging every few seconds so won’t be sleeping tonight. Can’t someone go and tie it back down again? Pinno, Bally?

I'll just jump in my gold helicopter and zip down there with some glue, string and Duct tape...

Bally won't make it in time - his Zimmer frame is in for a service.
    I'll just pop into the batcave and jump on the bat mobility scooter. I should be with you some time next bat week.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I see that BT now do fttp broadband for my address. Bare p's though.

I won the takeaway fight. Lovely Japanese restaurant near us that we go to when it's normal. I had a chef's choice nigiri set. Boy had chicken katsudon. Mrs H³ some (korean) beef and rice dish. Some chicken karaage and a spicy salmon roll thing to share.

Local curry house job for us tonight. Not a Tuesday tradition but CBA to cook.
    But but... you once claimed that you rarely did the cooking.
    True, I was referring to the resident cook.

A truly modern man. Sharing the housekeeping burden by phoning for a curry.

I even drove down to pick it up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

I won the takeaway fight. Lovely Japanese restaurant near us that we go to when it's normal. I had a chef's choice nigiri set. Boy had chicken katsudon. Mrs H³ some (korean) beef and rice dish. Some chicken karaage and a spicy salmon roll thing to share.

Not in your own car I bet.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Not in your own car I bet.
    Yep. Good excuse. I somehow managed to get lost and took a slightly roundabout route to get there.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]