Tuesday, Tumultuous Tuesday

Morning, Raining it looks likes it’s here for the next couple of days, I’m pleased I managed to get out on the bike yesterday, indoor cycling today, not much else happening here , besides the word decorating which as been mentioned a bit lately.
Have a good day

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh rain, plan only has a 4 mile today so might as well wait till after work for something to look forward too
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

dark and soggy is today's weather theme, again

nip into gmc to do thing, then back via cafe

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Hands off your c0cks, on with your socks. Morning all, might go back to bad.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Wet here, although wasn't raining much when I went out for a run so maybe I just got lucky. Went past the local leisure centre but it was closed due to lockdown:

Roads are flooded in places, but tbh it doesn't take much and what a local would call "drizzle" the council call "extreme weather".
    Foot has been temporarily repaired again. Trail shoes probably going to be smashed with a hammer, set on fire and lobbed over the fence later.

Best get on with some WFH.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Meh rain, plan only has a 4 mile today so might as well wait till after work for something to look forward too

Does running become enjoyable? After 2 weeks intense training my knee muscles are aching so I must be on the right track.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, wet and windy, debated erecting a sale on the bike to scoot me around more quickly then realised I know nothing about sailing or setting rigging to went with the kids classic of holding your coat open into the wind. Alas my mass is greater than the force of the wind so I'm still here.

Bar this morning shenanigans not a lot occurring, shot nights sleep for no obvious reason to I'll mainly be caffeine driven today I feel. There is an outside chance a my new Bandsaw will appear today but I doubt it, thankfully its not via Hermes.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Does running become enjoyable? After 2 weeks intense training my knee muscles are aching so I must be on the right track.
    Honest truth, nope.

Love racing but hate training, whereas on the road bike I hate the racing but love the training 🙄
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Depends where you live and how far you're able to go:

Good weather makes it more enjoyable too.

Same with cycling really.
  • seanoconn
    Lovely pic thistle 👍
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

You must have come over the border to get that sunshine
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I think that wooden post is border. Behind is all rain clouds, ahead is all blue skies. The sheep is returning to its native land.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning!

WFH, coffee, risotto.

Getting cold feet on the house move - not sure I have the mental resolve to go from a lovely and comfortable, warm flat to one that needs a shit ton of work.

Also not sure if my heart is in the effort and finances for another London home... feeling ready for a change, tbh.

Difficult times. But it could be worse.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Rectus femoris:

The rectus femoris muscle is one of the four quadriceps muscles. It is located in the middle of the front of the thigh. It is responsible for knee extension and hip and thigh flexion. It is the main muscle that can flex the hip.

This muscle can pull on the knee cap.
    Sit with your legs bent at 90 degrees and use something like a rolling pin to massage the muscle. It's the enlarged muscle on the top pf your leg. You'll feel tightness in it immediately, especially on the outer part of the muscle as it joins the knee cap.
    Also do quad stretches. One of the best is to sit on your bent legs and lean back (GENTLY).

Meh, dull here. No point posting pics of grey.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Rectus femoris:

The rectus femoris muscle is one of the four quadriceps muscles. It is located in the middle of the front of the thigh. It is responsible for knee extension and hip and thigh flexion. It is the main muscle that can flex the hip.

Sit with your legs bent at 90 degrees and use something like a rolling pin to massage the muscle. It's the enlarged muscle on the top pf your leg. You'll feel tightness in it immediately, especially on the outer part of the muscle as it joins the knee cap.
    Also do quad stretches. One of the best is to sit on your bent legs and lean back (GENTLY).

Stretches, what are they?

Things hurt after 20 miles, really hurt after 35 and after 60 you sometimes have to trip yourself up to start running, simple
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I have a very significant sense of ennui today.

I might have to go out for a muddy bike ride.
    Insert bike here:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I think that wooden post is border. Behind is all rain clouds, ahead is all blue skies. The sheep is returning to its native land.
    Alternatively it could be headed in the opposite direction to escape life in the brothel.

Morning All,

Another day in the box. My knees ache as well after pounding the streets last night - don't fancy running round our local woods/park in the dark. May do some weights this eve.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    mpatts said:

I have a very significant sense of ennui today.

I might have to go out for a muddy bike ride.

Insert any picture.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Honest truth, nope.

Love racing but hate training, whereas on the road bike I hate the racing but love the training 🙄
    Have to say I used to love the run training, entirely because it was stress relief therapy. Racing was the opposite... too much to think about.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Fleeting spash of sunshine before the cloud rocked up from Sunday is all I can muster photo wise. It's raining hard in Heckshire, clearly penance for the sin of having some sunshine.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Things hurt after 20 miles, really hurt after 35 and after 60 you sometimes have to trip yourself up to start running, simple

Don't do it then. Even more simples.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Rectus femoris:

I’ll give my legs a pummelling with the foam roller later 👍
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spent the day in the shed mostly, working on shelves for the TV room. It will weigh a ton, made from solid hardwood, thick boards too. Overkill, but should look ok all finished.

Checked out local gym with friends to see if its worth joining. I could do with some extra training to see if I can sort some arm/neck/shoulder/back issues that won't go away. Would prefer to get the gear and have it all at home but until I know if it's going to help I'd rather not stump up the big bucks...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    The better half used to have repeated neck/back issues. Keeps on top of it with weights work. If that helps at all.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Not much to report other than working from work this week. Back at the kitchen island next week.

Did some home weights this morning, wife has demanded that I Zwift later... Who am I to argue?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

The better half used to have repeated neck/back issues. Keeps on top of it with weights work. If that helps at all.

Yoga/pilates stuff has helped my bad back. I was doing it at the gym because if you book the class then you have to go and do it, whereas at home it's too easy for me to just sack it off.
    Not sure if there's such a thing as a weights "class" though, but if you're arranging to go with friends it's a similar thing.
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

Not sure if there's such a thing as a weights "class" though
    Seen loads of fat chavs
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Decorating the same room as yesterday - got walls done then we decided we didn’t like the colour so back to Edwyn’s I went. We’re now off sea salt and onto cotton white or something...........

Got message through earlier about potentially heading off fairly shortly so v happy. Back WFW tomorrow so will also push getting away somewhere tasty.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

Spent the day in the shed mostly, working on shelves for the TV room. It will weigh a ton, made from solid hardwood, thick boards too. Overkill, but should look ok all finished.

Checked out local gym with friends to see if its worth joining. I could do with some extra training to see if I can sort some arm/neck/shoulder/back issues that won't go away. Would prefer to get the gear and have it all at home but until I know if it's going to help I'd rather not stump up the big bucks...

I’d get checked by an osteopath/sports physical first to see if weights will help - ask if they devise a personal training plan with a personal trainer so someone who isn’t completely up to date/experienced doesn’t feck you up.

• MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

No, sorry.

It does become more challenging if you throw other aspects in - running up and down stairs, jumping on and off and over benches and walls, that sort of thing. Minor parcours without the death.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Not much to report other than working from work this week. Back at the kitchen island next week.

Did some home weights this morning, wife has demanded that I Zwift later... Who am I to argue?

When the wife says "just bugger off will you", you hear "go and zwift".
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk