First time build up from the frameset: Scott Team CR1

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    Forgot about this thread.
    This is the sort of deep philosophy you get out of bed for.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I had to ride a bike with Ultegra on last Saturday.

Tbh, it wasn't very nice. A bit bland. Like a bland girl who works in an accounts department.

Just kinda, well, grey.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I just caught up on the FD chat. The reality is that the front change of Campagnolo reached the current Shimano/SRAM level back in 2009.

That never gets mentioned.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    its because everyone knows that Campy is far better than Shimano but clubbies generally won't accept that because the road captain rides Shimano.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    MattFalle said:

Tbh, it wasn't very nice. A bit bland. Like a bland girl who works in an accounts department.

Just kinda, well, grey.

But they can be desperate...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    There is a difference between desperate and embarrassing.

Tbh, Ultegra is just embarrassing.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Just kinda, well, grey.

But they can be desperate...
    the best bit about them is everyone wants to go there but I just do. Because I can. There is a natural order in life after all.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    flasher said:

MattFalle said:

Essentially the post was to say don't get hung up if you can't get an 8000 one as you aren't missing out on anything.

And that's where I (and the near 50 5* reviews on both Wiggle and Merlin) disagree with you, the new front mech system is a game changer, more complex to set up initially but once set up it works amazingly well.

Could I say that when I left a review on one of the two aforementioned websites for something I purchased the review was not published.

I was not impressed with the product so only left a two star review. The do admit that they vet the reviews and when you look only four and five star reviews appear to be published.

The item I reviewed was full of 4 and 5 star reviews but when I went to another site where the reviews were not vetted there were quite a lot of negative reviews for the same reason I had put down.

Sorry it's so long winded but in a nutshell I wouldn't take any notice of reviews.

• I rode and loved my CR1 for 20,000 miles. It was the SL Hi-Mod frame, I put Campag Athena groupset and a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Elites on it. (Ritchey WCS wet black finishing kit).
    Not the most adventurous build but the point is - I loved that bike more than any other that I have ever owned, because I built it myself.