Nairo Quintana and Arkea hotel rooms searched by French police...

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868
    Rehydration practice ?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    edited September 2020
    Barguil drops his place in the French team for the world's because he 'can't give his best.' That's massive you don't not ride for France. Sure he is not involved but shit storm on the horizon
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Rehydration practice ?

100ml over 24hrs is surely not enough for that... So if that's what they were doing, it would be banned?

Wait and see I guess.
  • bobmcstuff

Would a team doctor not have that sort of thing available in the case of a rider needing emergency hydration or something similar? It sounds like a complete load of nothing to me, and some Flic trying to make a name for himself.

People are talking about the no needles policy.

But according to a reasonable post over on the Asylum:

"UCI's 2011 no needles policy doesn't ban a team Dr from possessing and using needles on riders, it simply prohibits any injection that is not medically justified. Mostly to prevent IV Recup which was routine in stage racing.
    The context of what type of needles may have been in the Drs bag is everything. Clearly an IV type needle and associated equipment is quite a way into no needles policy compared to needle used for a local injection of adrenalin or corticosteroids."
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    According to L'Equipe, "As a reminder, according to our information, the two people in police custody are close friends of the brothers Quintana, Nairo and Dayer. "

Arkea Samsic separately saying no employees arrested.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Dayer was pretty...not good this year
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The interesting thing is it's obviously intelligence led. The good thing is so far there is nothing to suggest the intelligence was correct. If nothing else it'll make anyone considering doping in France think twice, that or take extra care.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Maybe it was nothing to do with performance enhancing drugs and more to do with Colombian marching powder.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    The Clinic is -----> way 😉
  • webboo
    Clinic as in Depot clinic, where you go for your anti psychotic injection.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Nah man, I go Oxford Eye Hospital (excellent institution) clinic for my injections, next one tomorrow morning. Def not performance enhancing 😊
  • webboo
    Well as my colleague once said to the one eyed patient he was visiting. The patient opened the door before he could knock “ I see you have been keeping an eye out for me”
    I’ll get me coat.
  • bobmcstuff
    Nairo has put out a statement. My Spanish isn't up to much but I believe it says everything was above board and he has never done anything wrong:

• Welcome to 1998.
  • Honest guv, i aint dun nuffink innit.
  • Welcome to 1998.

But with EPO replaced with intravenous pan y agua.
  • bobmcstuff
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nairo-quintana-i-dont-have-anything-to-hide/

Article on the same statement.

Is it just me or is 100ml saline solution basically nothing? What are you going to do with that?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042

Is it just me or is 100ml saline solution basically nothing? What are you going to do with that?

drink it with Tequila?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Everything is better with Tequila
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006

They’re the placebo group. Who are the test?
  • RichN95. said:

Prosthetic motor doping. Love toy jammed up his arris.

He'd never get it in, not with Matt Rendell already being up there

Quintana probably just brought some sweets over from Colombia for Gibo Simoni
    quite. He's been desperate on twitter - just let it play out. He really needs to decide if he's a journo or a press officer (I know he's been both). Having taken ITVs coin for the past month it's a bit unedifying to start acting as a rider's unofficial spokesman 2 days later.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Tin-foil hat time:
    Arkea-Samsic management asked some coppers to do a raid, find some dirt, so they can jettison the Quintana boys who have been pretty disappointing, and probably not cheap.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589

Welcome to 1998.

Your memory of 1998 seems to have faded.
  • bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

Welcome to 1998.

Was going to say 1998 was a great year, but it turns out everything I thought I remembered from 1998 was actually from 1999 (Pokemon cards, Pokemon red on the gameboy, Prisoner of Azkaban). Star Wars Episode 1 too (I knew that was '99).

Didn't we have a really hot summer. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets came out. I had a tamagotchi, and it kept getting confiscated at school. That must have been earlier in the year. All the girls were singing Spice Girls. I remember yo-yos getting banned because we kept hitting each other. That must have been the end of the year though, I remember it raining a lot as we had to be banned from using them indoors first. It was my dream to get an X-Brain but they were like £20 and my mum wouldn't buy me one.

I don't remember any cycling though :smiley:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

I remember yo-yos getting banned because we kept hitting each other

I remember that in about 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977 ....
  • bobmcstuff

They had a weird short lived revival in the late-90s. The fidget spinners of 1998.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Yeah, I remember that too. There were display teams and everything.

https://youtu.be/H-da-rJhbXI
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    edited September 2020

They had a weird short lived revival in the late-90s. The fidget spinners of 1998.
    these got banned
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FLHftISLNHE
  • Pross said:

Welcome to 1998.

Was going to say 1998 was a great year, but it turns out everything I thought I remembered from 1998 was actually from 1999 (Pokemon cards, Pokemon red on the gameboy, Prisoner of Azkaban). Star Wars Episode 1 too (I knew that was '99).

Didn't we have a really hot summer. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets came out. I had a tamagotchi, and it kept getting confiscated at school. That must have been earlier in the year. All the girls were singing Spice Girls. I remember yo-yos getting banned because we kept hitting each other. That must have been the end of the year though, I remember it raining a lot as we had to be banned from using them indoors first. It was my dream to get an X-Brain but they were like £20 and my mum wouldn't buy me one.

I don't remember any cycling though :smiley:
    star wars episode one was 1976