TDF 2020: Stage 6: Le Teil > Mont Aigoual 191 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Ineos have done the equivalent of sticking a man on the front to break up the chase.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Matti66 said:

Who is the lead Director sportive for Ineos now ? They generally don't use a ropadope Tactic. I thought they stay off the front for a week or so . Maybe cant help it .

Hadn't fully considered this, when it came to their tactics. Loosing such a key member of staff will be so hard to replace.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    50x11 said:

Matti66 said:

Who is the lead Director sportive for Ineos now ? They generally don't use a ropadope Tactic. I thought they stay off the front for a week or so . Maybe cant help it .

Hadn't fully considered this, when it came to their tactics. Loosing such a key member of staff will be so hard to replace.

This is the same tactics as always no?

It's just in a different context.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Ineos just neutralising the race ..on the
    Steep stuff now
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Think we know where aru is......

chasse de patate
  • Aru almost a minute ahead of the Ineos train.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Is anyone else's ITV stream not working? Mine saying "programme will resume shortly"
  • The music in the Zwift advert is beginning to grate. It's going to be a long two and a half weeks
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    The gap is going out.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    Powless
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Wva off the back
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100

Powless

It's his birthday, you know.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Matti66
    Matti66 Posts: 190
    50x11 said:

Matti66 said:

Probably gab rasch or brett lancaster who will be imbedded in the ineos way, when they signed matteo tossato ( sp) i thought they would get a wily fox , but they don't seem to use him much in Grand tours.
  • What’s the feeding limit on mtf stages? Several Trek riders plus I think others having bottles handed to them inside the 20k banner
  • The music in the Zwift advert is beginning to grate. It's going to be a long two and a half weeks

Ah, it's no Watchfinder General though
  • mididoctors
    Lushenko and powless away
  • mididoctors
    GVA grovelling back
  • mididoctors
    Lushenko away powless dropped ... Looks good fair way to.go
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907

Ineos have done the equivalent of sticking a man on the front to break up the chase.

To be fair, their main two climbing domestiques (Sivakov and Amador) seem a way off their best form due to the crashes at the start of the race.
  • mididoctors
    Lutshenko
  • What’s the feeding limit on mtf stages? Several Trek riders plus I think others having bottles handed to them inside the 20k banner

Said on ~Eurosport earlier that it is 15km today.
  • rick_chasey
    Roglic looking quite chill - chatting with Kuss
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Thought about changing my PTP to Lutsenko at 11:58... Wish I had done!
  • mididoctors
    Gaudu mechanical
  • mididoctors
    Ineos being a bit defensive
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Impressed by Herrada, he's looked knackered for ages but keeps plugging away
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042

Gaudu mechanical

He's got a long wait
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mididoctors
    Bl00dy sky/ineos ruining the race even when they are not the strongest team ...🤭
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    It's a nice looking climb eh?
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Herrera having a shower with a coke bottle
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme