TDF 2020: Stage 6: Le Teil > Mont Aigoual 191 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

Armstrong's different bike everyday on the giro .

Have you got any links about this? I didn't know about this and wouldn't mind reading about it.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Movistar?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Guess
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    edited September 2020

It was the Tour wasn't it? See the date in the quote. The Damien Hirst bike is the most expensive ever sold I think (at least at the time)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,240

• rick_chasey

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    RichN95. said:

It was the Tour wasn't it? See the date in the quote. The Damien Hirst bike is the most expensive ever sold I think (at least at the time)
    was that the one with dead butterflies glued to it?
  • rick_chasey
    I miss afx
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,510
    edited September 2020

I miss afx

Was just going to say that @afx237vi 's disappearance is much more of a shame than Armstrong's bike choice.
  • rick_chasey

Might have been this bike I can't remember.
  • RichN95.

I miss afx

Was just going to say that @afx237vi 's disappearance is much more of a shame than Armstrong's bike choice.

The inventor of PTP no less. The winner should be awarded the Andy Dunn Trophy (his real name)
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099

Movistar?

Yup.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • RichN95.
    50x11 said:

Have you got any links about this? I didn't know about this and wouldn't mind reading about it.
    https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/artists-design-armstrongs-bikes

Here's a load of pictures of them
    https://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/search/label/designer bikes for lance armstrong?m=0
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

Yeah I think both races tbh that year
  • mididoctors
    Where did monkey go btw anyone know?
  • mididoctors
    Armstrong's bike thing was like late fat Elvis taking up karate
  • RichN95.

He had quite serious health problems I believe, so I fear the worst
  • mididoctors
    Hmmm 5 22?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    RichN95. said:

I thought that it was confirmed that he was no longer with us. But it might have been inferred...

I quite like the idea of a afx/Andy Dunn trophy!
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

May he be in our profile's forever then
  • mididoctors
    Puffing and panting up front ... The peloton just lacks that raced in look. Been fast today thou
  • mididoctors
    The massif is under used I like what they did this year .
  • mididoctors
    edited September 2020
    Roche taking the points
  • mididoctors
    Hemorrhaging time on the climb ...
  • Mas was the blue dot who crashed.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Not movistars year
  • mididoctors
    The climbers in the break need to move soon
  • mididoctors
    Ineos
  • In the ITV corner we have David Millar, calling team tactics and explaining the blow-by-blow action as it happens.
    In the Eurosport corner we have Carlton Kirby, wheeling out his well worn cliches and tipping half the peloton as potential stage winners.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Amador ejected