Would you travel to Italy with your family in 4 weeks?

124»

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    womack said:

MattFalle said:

davep1 said:

We have friends in Abruzzo, her parents are over 80 and still don't know when they are getting their jabs.
    I hope to go this year, originally thought Easter might be possible, but that's out now. June July or August maybe?

Nah - write that off.

We haven't been home to Abruzzo in 18 months now and aren't going this year at all as its a total Harry von clusterfuck out there.
    I suppose we are fortunate here in Britain to have a caring and forward looking Prime Minister that ensured we would have enough vaccines to look after the health and well being of the citizens of this great country.

Go Boris!
    We will accept this post in the irony it was written in.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132

Italians are facing up to yet more stringent measures designed to combat the outbreak after learning on Monday they would be placed in lockdown conditions. The country’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, has now said shops – barring supermarkets, food stores and chemists – will be shut down, while companies must close all their departments that are not essential to production.

Services such as hairdressers and beauty parlours will also be closed, along with bars and restaurants that cannot guarantee they can keep a distance of at least one metre between customers. Referring to the daily bulletins announcing the number of new cases and deaths, Conte said:

We will only be able to see the effects of this great effort in a couple of weeks.

Conte’s office said the new measures would be in force from Thursday until 25 March.

Guardian.

It does make you think we need to be acting sooner rather than later.
    Pros was right about what I was trying to say.

This was my comment on page two of the Covid thread though and I disagreed with CheItenham races going ahead.

I will just shut up for a bit, because I'm arguing with my historic self, bizarre!
    Yes, it's difficult to say it's only possible to say it with hindsight when you were saying it yourself at the time :smiley:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Italians are facing up to yet more stringent measures designed to combat the outbreak after learning on Monday they would be placed in lockdown conditions. The country’s prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, has now said shops – barring supermarkets, food stores and chemists – will be shut down, while companies must close all their departments that are not essential to production.

Services such as hairdressers and beauty parlours will also be closed, along with bars and restaurants that cannot guarantee they can keep a distance of at least one metre between customers. Referring to the daily bulletins announcing the number of new cases and deaths, Conte said:

We will only be able to see the effects of this great effort in a couple of weeks.

Conte’s office said the new measures would be in force from Thursday until 25 March.

Guardian.

This was my comment on page two of the Covid thread though and I disagreed with CheItenham races going ahead.

I will just shut up for a bit, because I'm arguing with my historic self, bizarre!
    Yes, it's difficult to say it's only possible to say it with hindsight when you were saying it yourself at the time :smiley:
    True, but there is an increasing number of people claiming to have had great foresight when it was actually pretty much stopped-clock stuff - with all the random shooting-off, some of it was bound to be right.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244

Guardian.

True, but there is an increasing number of people claiming to have had great foresight when it was actually pretty much stopped-clock stuff - with all the random shooting-off, some of it was bound to be right.
    Yes I think the latter is true for most of us.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,193

Guardian.

Yes, but with historic hindsight though...God I even annoy myself!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688

Guardian.

I had a quick look back to see if I'd had Nostradamus-like foresight, but it seems like I didn't have much of an idea at all (nothing new there), so let those more brave than me slug it out. I did rather enjoy reading that Coops thought that Whitty and Vallance were spot on back in March 2020.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866

Guardian.

Just read the first few pages and I think your comment is unfair. TBB nailed it very early and has stayed consistent. Coopster was totally wrong very early and stayed consistent. Bizarrely even Joe pops up being anti-vax
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132

Guardian.

I had a quick look back to see if I'd had Nostradamus-like foresight, but it seems like I didn't have much of an idea at all (nothing new there), so let those more brave than me slug it out. I did rather enjoy reading that Coops thought that Whitty and Vallance were spot on back in March 2020.
    He thought they were geniuses just before they quickly realised they'd messed up.