Hello.... Anyone out there (new forum starter thread)

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    I see that despite moving to a new forum, wheelspinner's avatar is still loading. It's going to be so exciting when it's finally revealed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor

mad_malx said:

Ahhhh there you all are it's taken me a while to find you...

I have feelings about this change.

I have a lovely picture of a Camargue horse but I won’t post it now.

Just testing my forum skills
    You've still got it, BlueBean
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    m.r.m. said:

Anyone have sick photoshop skills? My avatar needs a rainbow jersey to commemorate the PTP glory! :wink:
    Could also cut the ball and would take standing on cobbles in the forest of Arenberg as well. :wink::blush:

I'm not trying to get cobbles and a forest into an 80*80 gif mate.
    I did get you a clean shirt though.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    It has gone on my Android phone too now, looks like someone has fixed it.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Oh bloody hell, alright.

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Gone completely!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Oh bloody hell, alright.

Hat!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342

Oh bloody hell, alright.

Oh Man, thanks a million. You're AMAZING!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • The aesthetics might take a while to get used to, but I can't deny that being able to change my name is quite welcome. The old one was basically chosen as nobody else was likely to have already used it - I never expected to actually post anything...

Anyway, consider me the artist formerly known as underlayunderlay.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

The aesthetics might take a while to get used to, but I can't deny that being able to change my name is quite welcome. The old one was basically chosen as nobody else was likely to have already used it - I never expected to actually post anything...

Wait, what? How do you change your name? I can't find any option for that under edit profile...

PS. You'll always be Mr Carpetbottom to me.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

Wait, what? How do you change your name? I can't find any option for that under edit profile...

Go to the front Bikeradar page. Look for the My Account tab in top right. Choose Settings from drop down menu.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    edited November 2019

The aesthetics might take a while to get used to, but I can't deny that being able to change my name is quite welcome. The old one was basically chosen as nobody else was likely to have already used it - I never expected to actually post anything...

If you go to the main Bikeradar page there's a "My account" thingummy at top right that gives you settings, including changing your screen name.

(beaten to it as I was distracted by an existential crisis over who I was...)
  • ridgerider
    edited November 2019
    Blimey...how many times a day are we allowed to change our name?
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    Just done in the interests of research...
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider

Just done in the interests of research...

...and back again.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited November 2019
    This is like playing computer games, isn't it - where the first action in any multiplayer game is to shoot your teammate to a) find out if you can, b) find out what the rules are, and c) because you know damn well they were about to do it to you. We're currently finding what bollocks we're allowed to get away with.

Edit: Ooh. Mild profanity unlocked...
  • This is like playing computer games, isn't it - where the first action in any multiplayer game is to shoot your teammate to a) find out if you can, b) find out what the rules are, and c) because you know damn well they were about to do it to you. We're currently finding what bollocks we're allowed to get away with.

Bit more than fucking mild profanity is possible now I believe (apologies for unnecessary swearing).

I always thought your previous ID was a reference to Speedy Gonzales “Andele! Andele!” catch cry. :)
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited November 2019

Bit more than fucking mild profanity is possible now I believe (apologies for unnecessary swearing).

I always thought your previous ID was a reference to Speedy Gonzales “Andele! Andele!” catch cry. :)

a) totally necessary in order to work out if we can go the full Cavendish
    b) UU was a Speedy pun. It was also rubbish.

• RichN95.
    edited November 2019

This is like playing computer games, isn't it - where the first action in any multiplayer game is to shoot your teammate to a) find out if you can, b) find out what the rules are, and c) because you know damn well they were about to do it to you. We're currently finding what bollocks we're allowed to get away with.

This calls for the George Carlin test:

shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits

Edit: Wow!That's not going to last long. I'm not doing the Tarantino test.
    Sorry editors, but I'm here to find weak points in the system.

• Bit more than fucking mild profanity is possible now I believe (apologies for unnecessary swearing).

a) totally necessary in order to work out if we can go the full Cavendish
    b) UU was a Speedy pun. It was also rubbish.

Ha! Those toonies were great. Probably would be not allowed to make those characterisations these days.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    To think I spelled fracking using the @ symbol the other day as I assumed the previous Draconian filter would still be in place!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    But but but... what about the LR thread?!
    Is an imposter going to step in and bugger it up?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RichN95.
    pinno said:

Is he really Lanterne_Rogue or just a bad speller?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited November 2019
    RichN95. said:

pinno said:

tbf it's been my display name on Twitter for years. And I doubt anyone can bugger the LR thread up quite as badly as I seem to manage - it's supposed to be a simple thread about the rankings at the bottom end of the race, and yet...
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited November 2019
    Eh? Can still double post, it seems.
  • In other new feature news I've been told it's impossible for me to like my own posts, which is an unusually perceptive - if slightly too close to the knuckle - comment for a piece of software to make...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360

RichN95. said:

pinno said:

tbf it's been my display name on Twitter for years. And I doubt anyone can bugger the LR thread up quite as badly as I seem to manage - it's supposed to be a simple thread about the rankings at the bottom end of the race, and yet...
    There would be no artistic efficacy in a well drilled, organised, SKY/Molteni/D-QS delivery of the LR thread.
    It is imperative that you continue to bugger it up.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The aesthetics might take a while to get used to, but I can't deny that being able to change my name is quite welcome. The old one was basically chosen as nobody else was likely to have already used it - I never expected to actually post anything...

How on earth can you change your username? I need to get rid of these capitals.
  • RichN95.

How on earth can you change your username? I need to get rid of these capitals.

Go to the front Bikeradar page. Look for the My Account tab in top right. Choose Settings from drop down menu.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I must give the Overlords some credit - they are addressing a lot of the faults in this thread - https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13108548/whinges-about-the-new-forum

Customizing the landing page so it could, for example, only show new posts from Pro Race and... let's say...Road Buying Advice is actually rather nifty

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver