TDF 2019: Stage 3, Binche > Épernay 08/07/2019 - 215 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    70kms to go so things should heat up in about 20kms....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    not if theyve all fallen asleep.
  • Alejandrosdog
    and right on q CRASH
  • blazing_saddles
    And we have our first little chute of the day.
    Pat Bevin the most notable name involved.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    Matthews getting flicked by the doctors car

C'est le lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Ineos all over the front
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Alejandrosdog
    properly shifting now
  • blazing_saddles
    ITV called it: Wellens attacks and leaves the break.
  • mididoctors
    Tim wellens clips off
  • mididoctors
    Lotto trying to block the front
  • mididoctors
    Punctured bardet and zakarin
  • blazing_saddles
    Suddenly, we get a whole bunch of punctures.
    Is the publicity caravan chucking out tacks?
    The road surface is perfect.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Stress free chase back for Bardet. Looks to be some riding going on in the bunch now
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Finding that Ned is starting to grate on me a bit, as he's grown in confidence in the main commentator role he seems to have fallen into the trap of backing everyone for the win or bigging up TT abilities of various riders..
  • mididoctors
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Finding that Ned is starting to grate on me a bit, as he's grown in confidence in the main commentator role he seems to have fallen into the trap of backing everyone for the win or bigging up TT abilities of various riders..

It's s poisoned chalice that job. Familiarity breeds contempt.

The sheer numbers of hours we share with these people gets us to know them too well

Ned was excellent at the UK nationals saved the event basically... I give them a lot of latitude
  • mididoctors
    Bit pacy
  • blazing_saddles
    The good news for the GC boys is that there is going to be quite a small group left by the finish.
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2019
    Selection taking place on the climbs... Astana and Bora now
  • Alejandrosdog
    Beautiful countryside now and a proper race 26k to go Wellens now has 1'14''
  • Alejandrosdog
    Wiggins trying too hard to be cool in his commentary
  • mididoctors
    Yellow jersey sliding a bit
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    Quite a slimmed down peloton - are all the GC leaders still in there?
  • mididoctors
    40-50 riders left?
  • mididoctors
    Quite a slimmed down peloton - are all the GC leaders still in there?

Np shots of missing GC rider so guessing not
  • mididoctors
    Battle for bonus seconds
  • mididoctors
    Wind
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    Astana laying it on the line...
  • Alejandrosdog
    carnage, bernal and thomas still near the front
  • mididoctors
    Bernal marking
  • Alejandrosdog
    wva there
    is that woods for ef?