TDF 2019: Stage 3, Binche > Épernay 08/07/2019 - 215 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    That's a decent break
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Some talk from the Eurosport lot that there's a fair amount of crosswind out there and the route is certainly exposed in the Champagne area.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,935
    Rosetto, Ofreda, Wellens & 2 others, out to 1 minutes
  • mididoctors
    Ridgerider wrote:
    I think he will need others to fail for him to come out on top.
    if Ineos have a mare I wouldn't count him out against any.of the rest.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,935
    Peloton doing a whopping 25 kmh!
  • Some talk from the Eurosport lot that there's a fair amount of crosswind out there and the route is certainly exposed in the Champagne area.

*hammers refresh button hoping for THE KLAXON*
  • mididoctors
    Pretty serious looking peloton
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Pretty serious looking peloton

Yes it is very strung out.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    whats with the peloton theyre pushing along

Also The house of Motte, good name
  • Dorset Boy wrote:
    Rosetto, Ofreda, Wellens & 2 others, out to 1 minutes

Bang tidy a two my manner with not enough letters - Rossetto , Offredo ( they are actually from the same amateur team)
  • and Delaplace (my early prediction and Paul Ourselin....sudden silence.....err who?
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2019
    Ofredo seems to have been around forever.
  • blazing_saddles
    I know this will be appreciated in certain circles.

vache_equitable.jpg?itok=kwoxJkWa
  • Ofredo seems to have been around forever.

Got done over at FdJ on that testing misdemeanour - he definitely had promise but not always well managed
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Offredo sounds like the main character in the Italian translation of The Handmaid's Tale

(It's actually Difred)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    A lot of Astana towards the front.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Would love Offredo to win it today.

Mainly based on his desire to animate races, run his mouth off a bit and criticise all the other riders who are too conservative.

Not sure if they are the best reasons !
  • rick_chasey
    So much excitement even Jose de Cauwer has resorted to giving a dish by dish account of the spread put on for the Belgian tv crew.

Quinoa
    Roast beef
    roasted aubergines
    cheese
    baguettes
    some french salami
    some speculoos
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    A lot of Astana towards the front.

Was just thinking that. One Jumbo-Visma then Astana and Ineos in quantity, then the rest of Jumbo-V. Any theory on why Astana are so adamant at being up there? I've not seen them actually on the front, albeit I'm working and just looking in occasionally so might have missed it.

Feels like Ineos are up there because that's what they do and there aren't a host of other teams sending men up to work so it doesn't look like an agreed chase so much as leaving it to the yellow jersey team.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    Calm down with the GC action predictions, lads. It's only 500m at 8%
    It's not Kapelmuur (1.3km at nearly 10%, pitches at over 15%) or Mur de Bregtagne (over 2km, with pitches at over 10% and a long drag at the top).

Meanwhile Offredo-Offroado (Paris-Roubaix 2013)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK834V7NO48
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Winds are definitely cross, rather than tailcross, but not super strong atm.
  • mididoctors
    What's happening with feed zones?
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Bold prediction. Tim Wellens will attack

Great
  • mididoctors
    Packing the front in
    The crosswinds. Sprint coming up too
  • Alejandrosdog
    that flag cracking in the wind was deffo a crosswind
  • Alejandrosdog
    interview with bettiol, my pick for the day
  • blazing_saddles
    Things are so quiet, I think I'll bang out tomorrow's stage thread.
    Maybe I should request a regular pundit slot? We could call it Rich's Pickins'. :wink:
  • Alejandrosdog
    Things are so quiet, I think I'll bang out tomorrow's stage thread.
    Maybe I should request a regular pundit slot? We could call it Rich's Pickins'. :wink:

lolol
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I'll not get the coverage on then
  • mididoctors
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I'll not get the coverage on then

Tailwind.