• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Srannard pulling away tho
  • Mad_Malx
    Would love to see Srannard take this
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Gap seems to be increasing, BUT SWIFT COMES FROM NOWHERE AND SMASHES PAST!
  • Mad_Malx
    Ooh Swift
  • Not sure why Archibald didn't just sit on Swift when Stannard kept going ?
  • OnTheRopes
    OnTheRopes Posts: 460
    is this on TV anywhere?
  • Mad_Malx
    Not sure why Archibald didn't just sit on Swift when Stannard kept going ?

Think he was farked
  • OnTheRopes
    OnTheRopes Posts: 460
    ahh never mind lol
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Because Swift was already sat on Archibald's wheel. Had no option - Swift and Stannard were working together, at least until Swift had got everything out of Archibald and broke off to chase Stannard down himself.
  • Not sure why Archibald didn't just sit on Swift when Stannard kept going ?

Because Swift was already sat on Archibald's wheel. Had no option - Swift and Stannard were working together, at least until Swift had got everything out of Archibald and broke off to chase Stannard down himself.

Yeah but Archibald should have forced Swift from over 10km out . It was Swifts to lose, Archibald should have said to him I bet you feel crap watching your title go up the road !
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Note to BCF.
    Why not have next years Nationals in France?
    At least you wont have to cope with the great moaning British public at their loss of road space for a few hours.
    You might even blag a helicopter and better tv footage than trying to do everything off a Huawei and 3g.
    The Youtube footage of the 1959 Nationals does not pale in comparison.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,932
    Nice to see Ben Swift win after the couple years he's had.

Coverage on Youtube was abysmal.
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Yeah but Archibald should have forced Swift from over 10km out . It was Swifts to lose, Archibald should have said to him I bet you feel crap watching your title go up the road !

Swift looked perfectly prepared to lose it though. We've seen time and time again in races that you can only play a tactical game if you're disciplined enough to play it properly.

Archibald himself seemed quite amused about it: "I was happy to see Dowsett tail off, but knew it meant I was about to be turned over for the last 10km or so. It was very predicatble - I could see exactly what was going to happen. Having seen it so often on TV and then to be part of it had a weird bittersweet feeling to it. I tried to stay in the mix and try some moves, so hopefully I didn't just lie down and take it, "
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Nice to see Ben Swift win after the couple years he's had.

Coverage on Youtube was abysmal.

No better on ES (don't know if it was the same feed); ES spent a lot of time with the camera in the commentary booth to make up the gaps. Strong suspicion that at least one rider had signed a non-disclosure agreement and two others are on witness protection programs.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Stumbled across the coverage on GCN via Facebook. I enjoyed it. Ned is always good.
  • France
    leading group:
    Gaudu
    Madouas
    Thomas
    Gougeard
    Burgaudeau
    Barguil
    Ledanois
    Gautier
    Touze
  • Pinot and Rolland on last lap ??
  • Pinot full gas earlier
    D-UNF7EXsAEPA5P.jpg:large
  • Barguil gets it in what was supposed to be one of the best races in a long time

D-USM-8XoAM-0C7.jpg
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Juraj Sagan wins the Slovak title. First time since 2011 that Peter is in a standard jersey
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Maximilian Schachmann (Bora-Hangrohe) wins the German championship with team mates Marcus Burghardt and Andreas Schillinger making it an all Bora podium
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    In Spain Sanchez tows his team mate Valverde to the line again.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Denmark:

Michael Mørkøv & Amalie Dideriksen - both for fourth time.
    Asgren took 2nd after leading Mørkøv out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Bora need to get printing their national jerseys
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    UK Womens update - 25km or so to go, with Barnes (Alice), Lizzie Holden, Anna Henderson and Abby-Mae Parkinson out in front.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    10km to go in the GB women's champs and various attempts to get a serious chase group free from the peloton have come to nothing. Nearly 2 minutes separate them from the leaders now and it keeps slowly growing.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Would say this race is now cat and mouse, but it's all cat and no mouse. Everyone taking it easy - they just made a slight rise look like the top km of an alpine peak. Much mockery of the gears being pedalled here as everyone tries to disguise the fact they're not working.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Alice Barnes decides to stop the mucking about and rips the quartet to bits (unseen by the cameras) to seal the double.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    Nice
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm