Giro 2019 stage 19 Treviso - San Martino Di Castrozza **spoilers** 151km

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    edited May 2019
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Anybody in the break ever won anything apart from Chaves?
    Marcato won Paris_Tours ans Santaromita was Italian Champion.

Peter Serry on the other hand is ranked number 4 on PCS's top riders never to win a race
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,537
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    would have to Google to find out

Number of career wins by rider
    # RIDER WINS
    1 CHAVES Esteban 14
    2 CANOLA Marco 8
    3 MARCATO Marco 5
    4 BOARO Manuele 3
    5 SANTAROMITA Ivan 3
    6 VENDRAME Andrea 2
    7 ANTUNES Amaro 2
    8 LE GAC Olivier 1
    9 SENNI Manuel 1
    10 SERRY Pieter
    11 BIDARD François
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    Everyone is talking serry
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,001
    ^ maybe I should have added 'of note'
  • mididoctors
      RichN95 wrote:
      Mad_Malx wrote:
      Marcato won Paris_Tours ans Santaromita was Italian Champion.

Peter Serry on the other hand is ranked number 4 on PCS's top riders never to win a race
      Top cyclingfan knowledge
      "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
    • mididoctors
      Mad_Malx wrote:
      ^ maybe I should have added 'of note'
      Italian championship is never a shoe in
    • kingstongraham
      kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
      Watching the climb to the tunnels on catch up, enjoyed seeing Cimolai greeting his friends in the crowd at the bottom, and Sean Kelly describing what a great day it was for Ciccone winning from the breakaway yesterday.

Good looking climb that.
    • mididoctors
      Chavez is marked out too much.
    • rick_chasey
      Chavez is trying a little too hard, no?
    • rick_chasey
      Attack #3 plus all the work to get the guy back.

She's gonna blow, Captain!
    • rick_chasey
      Attack #4.
    • rick_chasey
      Half arsed attack #5.
    • rick_chasey
      Attack #6. Bigger one.

Either he doesn't have the legs to shake them or he's trying to yo-yo them out.
    • rick_chasey
      Meanwhile Astana are leading it out in the peloton....
    • rick_chasey
      Conola of Androni fat fingers his chain and has a mechanical.

We're at 3km to go and Chavez can't shake the faster finishers.

attack #7.
    • rick_chasey
      Attack #7 works just - he's got a gap.
    • rick_chasey
      Lopez attacks and Landa follows.... Lopez gets a gap as Landa sits up.

Chavez will get the stage win.
    • rick_chasey
      Nout happening in the GC group other than Movistar leading the reduced peloton to chase Lopez.
    • rick_chasey
      Roglic attacks out of the peloton and Nibali immediately followers and The two movistar boys are on it very quikcly.
    • rick_chasey
      Roglic leads the reduced peloton in over the line, stringing them out but not causes any gaps.

No dramz today.
    • mididoctors
      No one wanting to give to much away
    • rick_chasey
      Mollema loser of the day losing 44 secs on lopez.
    • knedlicky
      knedlicky Posts: 3,097
      Conola of Androni fat fingers his chain and has a mechanical.

We're at 3km to go and Chavez can't shake the faster finishers.
      attack #7.
      It was Vendrame with the chain problem. And somehow he managed to come back in the last couple of kms, overtaking the rest, and bagging second-place. Maybe he would have really challenged Chaves for the victory if he hadn't had that chain problem.

A real case of "Hätte, Hätte, Fahradkette" - a German rhyming saying/idiom about what might have been (and not only used in a cycling context).
      ('Might have, Might have, Bicycle Chain' - doesn't rhyme so well in English :( )
    • mididoctors
      I thought electronic shifting stopped all this. Is it me or is there a lot of stuffed chains these days?
    • ocdupalais
      ocdupalais Posts: 4,229
      I thought electronic shifting stopped all this. Is it me or is there a lot of stuffed chains these days?

Electronic shifting means that your chain jams with greater efficiency and a cleaner, crisper sound. It’s no longer a “gear change” - it’s an “Experience”.
    • mididoctors
      You see a lot of race losing gearing malfunctions.just sayin'
    • No_Ta_Doctor
      No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,284
      Brian Holm on DK Eurosport was predicting chain drops as almost everyone was riding in the big ring but lowest at the back. He said it iterally two minutes before Vendrame dropped his chain.
      Warning No formatter is installed for the format
    • rick_chasey

So much this.

Have been saying this for a while.
    • mididoctors

So much this.

Have been saying this for a while.
      I stay clear of the debate seeing as my user knowledge of electronic shifting is next to nothing. But to me it seems to ffff up a lot..
    • amrushton
      amrushton Posts: 1,253
      OCDuPalais wrote:

Electronic shifting means that your chain jams with greater efficiency and a cleaner, crisper sound. It’s no longer a “gear change” - it’s an “Experience”.

I see it more of 'a journey' but you can see them running 53/28 and that rear mech pointing forward