Giro 2019, Stage 10: Ravenna - Modena 147 km *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,852
    Viviani needs to think about winning instead of following who thinks is fastest in the wheels...
    indeed .spent more of the sprint going side to side
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,245
    Was Ewan beaten by his lead out man?
  • kingstongraham
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2385462714

Ben O'Connor's ride today. No actual power file yet.

His heart rate basically goes nowhere for the first 140km, then the last 8km it's up over 190bpm
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    At last !
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,852
    At last !
    Deserves it . Totally monstered that sprint
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Did anyone see that TdG had the profile taped to his bars today?

D7Fl4JiW4AIG3Ro.jpg:large

"Wish I had brought a kindle to pass the time"
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1579985593/analysis

Ben O'Connor from last year's stage 13. Pretty much flat for 120km, average speed 44kmh, average power 152W. Plenty of short accelerations but nothing terrible.

Then the bursts start getting more often and a lot more intense.
    The first ~110km looks manageable (bearing in mind they had already done 12 stages before this, mind). But from then on you can see his heart rate and average power go up quite a lot... His average power from 120km to the finish is 264W - which is slightly more than my threshold and for more than an hour (1hr15), so I would die even without any accelerations.

I reckon with s bit of luck and panting you would still make the cut

I did a race in France once, a big regional event, pan flat but windy . I knew it was going to be an interesting start when there was a fight for positions in the neutralised part before we,d left town. Flag dropped to 35 mph and a single line in 1 nanosecond. The bloke in front of me punctured and I slowed and had to go round. I couldn’t close the 30 feet or so. total in the red then gone. 10mins. A total WTAF experience.
  • kingstongraham
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2385625961/analysis

Ryan Gibbons strava for yesterday. Average power 135W for the first 135km, then a bit more, then average 400W for the last 7 km. He would have been involved in the sprint leadout.