Giro 2019, Stage 6: Cassino - San Giovanni Rotondo 238 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,128
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    On an aside Double motoriolo suggested if gavia is snowed in

Savage.
    big crowds for that Me thinks

I guess they are planning to use the same side both times?

Be quite fun if they all had to do a U turn and the bottom and head back up the way they'd just come down. The grupetto would have to descend whilst the goats are climbing :shock: :shock: :D

More than two ways up though isn't there?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,645
    Break splitting apart on the climb . conti and masnada clipped off
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • kingstongraham
    Masnada and Conti go clear by 35 seconds. Conti trying to get Masnada to do all the work and getting an earful, so moves through to do a little bit.
  • mididoctors
    Amador and madouas getting marked out
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Oomen turning up the pace.plaza goes up the road trying to bridge .peloton slows down
  • mididoctors
    Rojas and carboni join plaza
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo really dialling it down
  • kingstongraham
    Peloton more than 6 minutes down - a whole new top 10 on GC currently.
  • mididoctors
    Conti and masnada holding off the plaza group at 20 odd seconds
  • mididoctors
    Rest of the break about 20 seconds behind plaza group
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2019
    Masnada riding away from.plaza group. Conti sucking the wheel big time
  • mididoctors
    Dog !
  • mididoctors
    Masnada over the climb. Plaza group at 35 seconds
  • mididoctors
    Peloton now 7mins down on conti
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Masnada should have attacked 50kms earlier. So far Conti has managed one five second pull.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Masnada looking insanely strong. Nearly riding conti off the wheel
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,225
    Hmmm
  • mididoctors
    Proper Italian bike brands there in lead pairing
  • blazing_saddles
    Gap out to over 7 and a half minutes for the bunch.
    They need to be careful. Conti is no Jens Heppner.
  • mididoctors
    Hmmm

Hmmmmm squared
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    Masnada finished 26th last year at the age of 24. Not sure a 7 mins head start is sensible from the others.
  • mididoctors
    Gap out to over 7 and a half minutes for the bunch.
    They need to be careful. Conti is no Jens Heppner.
    . The others in the break re gaining time too. The movistar riders are dangerous assets to let into the gc
  • mididoctors
    Oomen et al gaining 6 plus mns
  • kingstongraham
    Amador has been top ten twice in the Giro GC. He'll be 2 minutes ahead of Roglic if the situation stays like this.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Masnada finished 26th last year at the age of 24. Not sure a 7 mins head start is sensible from the others.

Actually he was 5 mins behind at the start of the day, so not that bad.
  • mididoctors
    Carboni going into white jersey
  • mididoctors
    Conti putting ,7 37 into the jersey now
  • blazing_saddles
    Exactly to all of the above.
    Madouas was up there in the big Ardennes classics, too.
    He'll be up by 4 minutes.
    Gap heading towards the 8 minute mark.
  • mididoctors
    7 43. Jumbo playing it cool. The concern is not taking back the time but how those guys can shape the race.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,225
    Who's the movistar leader?