Giro 2019: Stage 3: Vinci - Orbetello 220 km *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Viviani now placed 73rd on the stage, last in the first group.
    That Viviani also got a -50 pt 'fine' seems pretty harsh to me. He is now on -32 while Gaviria is on 58, Ackermann on 50, Demare on 49, meaning Viviani now has a 82-90 pt deficit to the three.
    Last year, by the end he only had a lead of 59 over Bennett, while now, to come into close contention, he has to win two more stages and hope the above three don't place higher than 5th or 6th on both occasions.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    knedlicky wrote:
    Viviani now placed 73rd on the stage, last in the first group.
    That Viviani also got a -50 pt 'fine' seems pretty harsh to me. He is now on -32 while Gaviria is on 58, Ackermann on 50, Demare on 49, meaning Viviani now has a 82-90 pt deficit to the three.
    Last year, by the end he only had a lead of 59 over Bennett, while now, to come into close contention, he has to win two more stages and hope the above three don't place higher than 5th or 6th on both occasions.
    It's a conspiracy to rob me of PTP points
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    knedlicky wrote:
    That Viviani also got a -50 pt 'fine' seems pretty harsh to me.

He should have held his line then, rather than swerving dangerously to his left.

I can't believe anyone really cares about the points jersey in the first week of the Giro either.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,868
    Not so bad for Tao thou in the long run. If he finds himself in a lead group he will be the one allowed to clip off for the stage if they are watching each other.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    CarbonClem wrote:

He managed to go nice and straight that time.... :D
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    andyp wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

He should have held his line then, rather than swerving dangerously to his left.

I can't believe anyone really cares about the points jersey in the first week of the Giro either.

Does anyone really care about the points jersey in the last week of the giro?
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Thoughts having watched the highlights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWHn8-j72g)

What on earth was that DD rider doing in the chicane? The rest seemed to take an alright line but then had to slam on to avoid T boning him as he dive bombed it

Also fair play for the relegation, not sure about the fine but since when did the giro's rules ever make sense

Also how do the commentators not pick up on what is a very obviously dangerous move? Sometimes it feels like they aren't watching at all
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ShutupJens wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

Presumably Viviani did?

Anyway, I am sure nobody cares about it in the first week (apart from wildcards), but if you think you will care in the end then being put in a position where you cannot win it in the first week is a problem.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ShutupJens wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:

Let me fix this properly

Nobody really cares about the points jersey.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    iainf72 wrote:

Let me fix this properly

Pop quiz: Who can name the four riders to have won the jersey since Cavendish in 2013? (One did it twice)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Let me fix this properly

Pop quiz: Who can name the four riders to have won the jersey since Cavendish in 2013? (One did it twice)

I had to look that up.

The double winner has a single WT level win to his name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Hey up, more fun and games.
    Translation:
    Tremendous anger of Mikel Landa! "Yates is a retard, he threw me in a roundabout, he goes like crazy" The Movistar broker spoke with @JAEzquerro

https://twitter.com/As_Ciclismo/status/ ... 9649513474
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    Hey up, more fun and games.
    Translation:
    Tremendous anger of Mikel Landa! "Yates is a retard, he threw me in a roundabout, he goes like crazy" The Movistar broker spoke with @JAEzquerro

https://twitter.com/SimonYatess/status/ ... 5492445184

"Another rider has crashed into me first "
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format