Giro 2019: Stage 3: Vinci - Orbetello 220 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    Quite a lot caught behind that crash there with 5km to go
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Ackermann went too early, Viviani on his wheel takes the win.
  • kingstongraham
    What the hell was that chicane with 300m to go?

TGH loses 1:30
  • rick_chasey
    TGH loses 1,30.
  • kingstongraham
    Viviani definitely didn't stay in his lane...
  • rick_chasey
    Viviani does make a dodgy move across another rider, but he's Italian, so let's see.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited May 2019
    TGH loses 1,30.

That's what happens when you send a team of youngsters to a GT.
    Viviani does make a dodgy move across another rider, but he's Italian, so let's see.

From the overhead, Viviani definitely obstructed Moschetti who had his wheel, but when in Italy.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    What the hell was that chicane with 300m to go?
    Quite lucky that there appeared to be a brutal headwind as coming into that at speed would have been bedlam.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    That chicane was tight. Nervous stage
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Quite enjoyed that (last 2km), chicane made it a proper track sprint.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • kingstongraham
    Carapaz loses 46 seconds, as does Pozzovivo
  • mididoctors
    Moschetti wasn't going anywhere despite being cut up. See if he raises a complaint.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    What did Knox say?
  • rick_chasey
    Carapaz loses 46 seconds, as does Pozzovivo

So predictable.
  • mididoctors
    Brian Smith's metrosexual make over makes him look like a Gerry Anderson puppet. Viviani DQ
  • mididoctors
    It was a fair DQ.
  • kingstongraham
    Viviani DQ

Surprising, but correct decision
  • rick_chasey
    From the stage result or the race?
  • mididoctors
    I like the unfair finality of the commissars.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Obvious DQ for me.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    Stage
  • mididoctors
    RichN95 wrote:
    Obvious DQ for me.
    yeah seen worse but he cut him up bad.
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95 wrote:
    Obvious DQ for me.

Me too. Vviani clipped him and Moschetti was lucky to hang onto 5th.....or 4th as it turns out.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,881
    TimothyW wrote:
    Roglic is quite small isn't he? Hadn't occurred to me until I saw him in the pink jersey.

Wikipedia has him at 5ft9 1/2 and 65kg

So not tiny.

I know nothing about it but would have guessed that Skiers would be big units like rowers.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kingstongraham
    Stage

Viviani now placed 73rd on the stage, last in the first group.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    ^^Downhill ones can be - the faster the event the bigger they are. Ski cross guys can benefit from being short and stocky although there is a lot of variation

Jumpers However are the exact opposite. The lighter the better, so much so they are handicapped by different skis if they are too light. They had many years of health problems with people being severely underweight.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    Who says you can't put toothpaste back in it's tube? :P
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Who says you can't put toothpaste back in it's tube? :P

tumblr_mc0q70E7CY1rzhv5ho1_500.gif
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    TimothyW wrote:
    Roglic is quite small isn't he? Hadn't occurred to me until I saw him in the pink jersey.

Wikipedia has him at 5ft9 1/2 and 65kg

So not tiny.

I know nothing about it but would have guessed that Skiers would be big units like rowers.
    That's pretty small to me ;-)

And yeah, a few inches short of dumoulin and froome who he is fairly similar in style to (ie time trialist who can climb).
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner