1 Lump or 2? Flanders Fortnight and the Road to Roubaix *Spoilers*

Comments

• jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Nothing broken, but Vanmarcke out of Gent-Wevelgem.
    I am making peace with the fact he will never have the form or luck to win RVV now.

Poor Sep.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    So as a sign of my rather new, different life, I shall not be able to watch flanders live.

Will probably watch it in the evening/the rest of it in the (early) morning.

So enjoy it guys.

As ever with this one, because we focus on the tactics we can forget that pretty much every rider is f*cked by 220km.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    So as a sign of my rather new, different life, I shall not be able to watch flanders live.
    Have you become a priest?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    Judging by fleabag I doubt that'd make a difference.

No, new family commitments.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Dwars BOTD: Nelson Oliveira (Movistar), Jonas Koch (CCC), Ramon Sinkeldam (Groupama-FDJ), Zhandos Bhizigitov (Astana), Lucas Pöstlberger (Bora-hansgrohe), Michael Hepburn (Mitchelton-Scott), Kris Boeckmans (Vital Concept-B&B Hotels) & Mihkel Raïm (Israel Cycling Academy).

Live covering just starting on Eurosport, with Kirby in the commentary seat.
    So, that means uninterrupted Sporza for me. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Chaos at the moment as the break has now caught the bunch. Due to the bunch being stopped because of a slow women’s race.
  • blazing_saddles
    Webboo wrote:
    Chaos at the moment as the break has now caught the bunch. Due to the bunch being stopped because of a slow women’s race.

I guess that means that the BBC won't be covering the race, this time. :wink:

Sporza says the break will get 2-15"
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Webboo wrote:

So it must be on a tiny circuit and the women slipped in between between the break and the men's bunch? Otherwise I'm confused
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Chute involving Stijn Vandenberg and young Jasper Philipsen
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    gsk82 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:

So it must be on a tiny circuit and the women slipped in between between the break and the men's bunch? Otherwise I'm confused
    The course covers several circuits, the men’s break had gone through a junction. But when the men’s bunch were approaching the junction, they were stopped because the women were coming towards said junction from a different direction.
    Well that’s what I think Carlton said but he could have just made it up :D
  • rick_chasey
    So who's got the fastest finish from that front 5?
  • rick_chasey
    Postelberger or the crosser?
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I'd say M VdP in a sprint, though I am guessing Bob has the least to gain from the break sticking so could sit on the back and attempt a few k solo win? Though im sure his companions would be expecting it.
  • joey54321
    14k and 52s...there's a chance it could still be pulled back if the cat and mouse games start early.
  • rick_chasey
    joey54321 wrote:
    14k and 52s...there's a chance it could still be pulled back if the cat and mouse games start early.

No they won’t.

Jungles attacks on norekeberg but vd poel was on it
  • rick_chasey
    Jungles looks strongest by far
  • rick_chasey
    Jungles looks strongest by far

Trying to break them from the front woof
  • rick_chasey
    Break motering at 56kph apaz woah
  • rick_chasey
    Final 3km. The postelberger is cooked. It’ll be between jungles and vd poel unless they really f@ck it up.
  • rick_chasey
    Final km. Benoot attacks under the flag and Jungels chases. Suits vdP
  • rick_chasey
    vdP wins the sprint with some ease
  • rick_chasey
    Rowe best of the peloton in 6th
  • joey54321
    Luke Rowe going well ahead of TofF then
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    That was a good, Mathieu dominated that sprint!
  • blazing_saddles
    Theuns, Debusschere and particularly Drucker all came to grief off that final corner.

Loved the stealth attack from Rowe to pick pocket 6th.
  • rick_chasey
    VdP tore it up early. Real deal innee?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

He's going to win a lot. Is there going to be a world tour bidding war for him?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    BigMat wrote:

Ineos need someone
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • joey54321
    I love that the WVA Vs MVdP rivalry has moved from cross to road. It's the new Boonen Vs Cancellara!
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    gsk82 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

Ineos need someone

He'll only move somewhere that allows him to combine disciplines - so at the moment he's at the right team. CX, MTB, Road...... and seemingly World class in all 3....Ridiculous talent.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."