1 Lump or 2? Flanders Fortnight and the Road to Roubaix *Spoilers*

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    QS put the hanmer down to get Viviani back on
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    I change a nappy and when I come back it’s down 20s.

Peloton got organised?
    DQS got organised.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,615
    Impressive turn from Gilbert
  • slim_boy_fat
    Go on Luke!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    The extra 50ks doing what it always does and much improved G-W is, for them.

This headwind could put a dampener on things.

Chapeau Luke Rowe. Going solo now.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Jumbo throwing everyone in the gutter
  • slim_boy_fat
    Jumbo looking the strongest.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,466

Who's going to win for them though?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Van Aert looks to strong closing these gaps.
    He would have been a better bet than DvP.
    A bit of a waste.
  • slim_boy_fat
    gsk82 wrote:

Who's going to win for them though?
    van Aert got a decent kick, not a chance against the likes of Viviani but it's been a long hard race.
  • slim_boy_fat
    No one could get round Kristoff. Good win.
  • blazing_saddles
    Vivinai needs to stick to Shoot small races.
    Kristoff, Degenkolb, Naesen
  • rick_chasey
    He’s been in the attack for 15km earlier on.

Woof
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Good race again. Going all in for Viviani isn't DQS best option in the Classics, Stybar gave everything for him but he didn't even get close.

My prediction - DQS are going to get worked over and not win either RvV or PR.

Nice to see my man Luke Rowe riding well, hopefully he'll have a bit of support in the big ones.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,828
    Now I know he’d been out front for a long time and maybe he’d used all his energy and was done. But it really seems Sagan just can’t be bothered going for it if he knows he’s not going to win. Just sat up there and didn’t even try. Not the first time I’ve noticed him doing it. Just an observation, watch him smash the ronde now I’ve said that.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Probably just didn't have the legs. Probably already on the rivet for too long.

MvdP getting 4th is seriously impressive! Really good dark horse pick for Flanders. He just seems to always be there for the win. The anti-Sagan. Just knows how to win.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Now I know he’d been out front for a long time and maybe he’d used all his energy and was done. But it really seems Sagan just can’t be bothered going for it if he knows he’s not going to win. Just sat up there and didn’t even try. Not the first time I’ve noticed him doing it. Just an observation, watch him smash the ronde now I’ve said that.

Think that's harsh on Sagan, he was doing turns from 90k out and he's not been all there form wise.. we know that the next two weeks hold bigger goals for him as well as the Ardennes
  • rick_chasey
    Last year's Flanders #2, who was bloody strong today is currently 50-1 if anyone is feeling lucky.
  • Good riding by Direct Energie. Petit got a good sixth and Turgis working in that first group for Terpstra

Thinking of the 20 year old Mathieu Burgaudeau got a stagiare with DE for 2017 they didn't sign him for 2018? but he got third in the u 23 Gent Wevelgem then they signed him for 2019 and hes suddenly a support for a favourite in the big race. Things can change quickly !
  • Pross
    rozzer32 wrote:

He looked to struggle a bit on the Kemmelberg. He rode hard on the front for a long time and probably had nothing left. With palmares like his there would be little point sprinting for 10th place when the bigger races are coming. Far better keeping his powder dry and hoping he won't have a target on his back for a change.
  • rick_chasey
    He’s been quite ill and is not on top form
  • ShutupJens
    Think Kristoff has a touch of the Stannard about him - looks like absolute sh1te when he's actually motoring. Big stint chasse patate followed by a 300m sprint puts him in the running for Flanders?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Whoop Whoop!

My Man takes the win... :D

And another of my men fell into a ditch... :?
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,828
    Pross wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

He looked to struggle a bit on the Kemmelberg. He rode hard on the front for a long time and probably had nothing left. With palmares like his there would be little point sprinting for 10th place when the bigger races are coming. Far better keeping his powder dry and hoping he won't have a target on his back for a change.

Yes that is the other side of the coin. Maybe it’s just me but some days it does seem he’s not interested. But then with a palmares like his he obviously does something right, so what do I know.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Thought it a bit bad that the TV coverage switched to adverts straight after the leaders had gone under the Menin Gate in Ypres.

I thought the director could have waited less than a minute to see the peloton go through.
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • blazing_saddles
    The seven winners from yesterday, including a certain pair of sisters.

D2_9Gc-WoAAoyL8.jpg
  • ShutupJens
    Bit of a suspect salute from your man on the "far right".. Backstedt sisters showing that they've well and truly got it, Leeds own Sam Watson picked up third in the under 23 race as a 2nd year junior (17 or 18 years old). Lads absolutely flying
  • Pross
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Bit of a suspect salute from your man on the "far right".. Backstedt sisters showing that they've well and truly got it, Leeds own Sam Watson picked up third in the under 23 race as a 2nd year junior (17 or 18 years old). Lads absolutely flying

Good genes, their mum was a very decent cyclist as well.
  • blazing_saddles
    I see that Sporza has brought Vive le vélo is back tonight for the week and Flanders. 22-15cet. :)
  • blazing_saddles
    We may get lucky and there could be a few spots of rain around. GVA not riding, Vanmarcke back after his spot of ditch diving.

Lnp9fSX.png

weerbericht_2_4.png?itok=dNpfc7wG