Milan San Remo - Sat 23rd March 19 *possible spoilers

124»

Comments

• You don't need to watch the previous 7 hours though. I tuned in just before the Cipressa and didn't miss a thing
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    You need the preceding 7 hours to set up the finale though.

If the race started at the Cipressa it would be a very different race!
    Quite. I think of it as the previous 7 hours being for the racers themselves, it’s what makes it so special for them. Then we get the finale to enjoy.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Sagan did seem to get quite boxed in in the sprint. Still not convinced he actually knows how to win when his legs aren't much better than everyone else's (which they often are since he is good at everything).
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    inseine wrote:
    Imagine if Valverde had taken that

To get into that front group was a big effort. looking at his jump, well, it wasn't there. legs were fried. Allaphillippe deserved that. Mohoric the perfect lead out without realising it! to instigate the separation then win a bunch kick shows he is on peak form. will he hold on to LBL? that's a big ask.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254
    He did nothing on the front from the initial kick until the last 100 metres - really smart riding.
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    I had Naesen EW

Congrats. I backed him at 40-1, but it was win only. Still something satisfying that it was a good bet even if it's still a losing one.

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    https://cyclocosm.com/2019/03/how-the-r ... remo-2019/

Cosmo's back :)

He does a good job of highlighting what an armchair ride DQS gave to Alaphilippe - and what a total mess Sagan made of the final 1km!