Stefan Denifl + Operation Alderlass

Comments

• ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Hondo’s comment “I am now paying for mistakes in my past” made me laugh. Where else would they be?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    Ah yes thanks. Danilo Hondo does ring a bell, but I wasn't watching cycling in those days. Shame on me :wink:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Petacchi now rumoured to be caught up in it
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    its not very current though is it
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Hondo used to lead out for zabel iirc?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217

Ah, you need to work harder at it - Petacchi may have been doping, Cav started beating Petacchi then joined Sky ergo Sky / Ineos are a dodgy team. Obvious to anyone except the Fanboys!
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    UCI statement: https://www.uci.org/inside-uci/press-re ... n-aderlass

Borut Bozic, Kristijan Durasek, Kristijan Koren, Alessandro Petacchi all provisionally suspended
  • rick_chasey
    More names to come, none big apparently.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    r0bh wrote:
    UCI statement: https://www.uci.org/inside-uci/press-re ... n-aderlass

Borut Bozic, Kristijan Durasek, Kristijan Koren, Alessandro Petacchi all provisionally suspended

As a result Kristijan Koren DNS start stage 5 of Il Giro.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    So Hondo one day, followed by Petacchi the next. Now that's a committed lead-out man.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    UAE rider is currently on ToC
  • RichN95.
    UAE rider is currently on ToC
    Currently being woken up and smuggled quietly to the airport
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Pross wrote:

Ah, you need to work harder at it - Petacchi may have been doping, Cav started beating Petacchi then joined Sky ergo Sky / Ineos are a dodgy team. Obvious to anyone except the Fanboys!

Thank you! I see it now :) I need to think more deeply about these things :lol:
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    RichN95 wrote:
    So Hondo one day, followed by Petacchi the next. Now that's a committed lead-out man.

Very good!
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:

Try Jeroen Swart, dr on UAE has had two of his riders busted in two days.

Same guy who did Froome's Vo2/max test. Wehay!

:wink::wink::wink:
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2019
    Is this Merida giro bust connected with this lot? I haven't been paying attention to this idiocy.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Aye.
  • mididoctors
    Aye.
    blood bags and code names ,FFS .

What could go wrong. It's so dumb. I can get how if you had the knowledge and did it yourself you could keep it quite (maybe)but going to some doc who is busy industrialising it. Not only cheating but dumb.
  • rick_chasey
    Other current riders who rode for Milram:

Terpstra
    Kluge
    Fröhlinger
    Knees
  • RichN95.

Terpstra
    Kluge
    Fröhlinger
    Knees
    What's the Milram connection, other Petacchi spending a couple of years there?
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:

Terpstra
    Kluge
    Fröhlinger
    Knees

I thought the Dr in question worked there.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:
    Terpstra
    Kluge
    Fröhlinger
    Knees
    I thought the Dr in question worked there.
    Bozic, Koren (both Slovenians) and Durasek (a Croatian) were all with the Slovenian team Perutnina Ptuj - Bozic and Koren were a couple of years together there then later Koren and Durasek together.

Hondo said the other day that Schmidt gave him a Slovenian or Croatian mobile phone number to ring, in order to arrange dates for blood removal and later replacement.

Petacchi said in an interview a couple of years ago that he owed a lot to Zabel (during their Milram time) and Hondo (during their Lampre time). Hondo was with Lampre at the time of the latest accusation (and his admittance of guilt).

Schmidt worked first for Gerolsteiner (and thus for cycling 'stars' Kohl and Schumacher, both of whom later accused him of being involved in their doping) and then later for Milram.

Sounds like it may be a pretty complicated thread.
  • mididoctors
    Hey can you recommend me a good blood doping doctor?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Pross wrote:

Try Jeroen Swart, dr on UAE has had two of his riders busted in two days.

Same guy who did Froome's Vo2/max test. Wehay!

:wink::wink::wink:

You joke but I am sure that will have been seized upon over in the asylum!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Although some might argue he deserves all he gets, it seems a little unfair that Denifl's name on this thread is the only one, bearing in mind all the others connected...

But does anyone here give Petacchi the benefit of doubt? Apparently Dr Schmidt has grassed him up and Hondo corroborated: Petacchi bemused at Hondo's "vendetta"... If true (as "Alejet" would know), why would he bother doing the shrugging and the "he crazy! I donno why he sayz dees sings?". And to think he was arguing about Salbutamol before...
  • rick_chasey
    Presumably he wants to finish out being a pundit on this year’s Giro coverage....

Almost like they timed it this way that he’d have been on people’s tellies for a week before they announced...
  • rick_chasey
    Well he won’t be. Being replaced by, wait for it, Garzelli.

:lol:
  • rick_chasey
    A rider from Manzana Juan Jose Amazon has tested positive.

Likely means the team will be suspended for a bit.

He’s only 21
  • rick_chasey
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain ... ing-links/
    The UCI has confirmed to Cyclingnews that since 2015 it has been carefully following the activities of several Slovenian individuals, including riders, rider support personnel and team management staff for potential roles in a number of different investigations, even before Operation Aderlass emerged.

What was Stef Clement saying?
  • RichN95.
    If ever any Slovenians start winning races there will be lots of questions from the media I expect.