Emiliano Sala

13»

Comments

• cardiff didn't arrange it - mackay did.

macky is the man who said in his email that he is only in it for money.

so, possible likely story:

cardiff pay mackay £10k to arrange transport of player. cardiff believe that mackay will arrange commercial charter.

mackay being the alleged money grabber he is allegedly takes £7k for his own pocket, chucks plane dude £3k

plane dude takes £2k, pays for ibbotson's hotel out of £1k.

Ibbotson, like most private pilots, takes job for flying hours.everyone does this - its common practice.

sala is just stuck in the middle.

And was the plane registered in USA or to a company in a small market town in Norfolk
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cardiff didn't arrange it - mackay did.

cardiff pay mackay £10k to arrange transport of player. cardiff believe that mackay will arrange commercial charter.

mackay being the alleged money grabber he is allegedly takes £7k for his own pocket, chucks plane dude £3k

Ibbotson, like most private pilots, takes job for flying hours.everyone does this - its common practice.

And was the plane registered in USA or to a company in a small market town in Norfolk

doesn't matter a jot where it or any other asset is registered. its just a registration.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

doesn't matter a jot where it or any other asset is registered. its just a registration.

I assumed that people would only hide ownership for a reason
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

On the US FAA register (hence the 'N' prefix) but leased/operated by an organisation in UK. The Pprune thread is well worth reading....
  • Imposter wrote:

On the US FAA register (hence the 'N' prefix) but leased/operated by an organisation in UK. The Pprune thread is well worth reading....

Yep been ploughing through that. Just feel this fatality could be one of those tipping points for football agents and private planes
  • Matthewfalle
    cardiff didn't arrange it - mackay did.

errr - no. loads of reasons. its massively common practice in assetmanagement.

and in this case there is absoloutely no reason to think anyone is hiding any ownership at that i am aware of.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:

Yep been ploughing through that. Just feel this fatality could be one of those tipping points for football agents and private planes

why? its just a very unfortunate case of a plane falling out of the sky. happens loads but generally not with multi million pound footballers in them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Imposter wrote:

why? its just a very unfortunate case of a plane falling out of the sky. happens loads but generally not with multi million pound footballers in them.

Was he qualified?
    Did he have a commercial licence?

errr - no. loads of reasons. its massively common practice in assetmanagement.

and in this case there is absoloutely no reason to think anyone is hiding any ownership at that i am aware of.

I thought the ownership was still unknown - if not then I guess it was boringly unnewsworthy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Too many noses in the trough with self interest to remedy the issue of agents. Given we have a fit a proper test or a directors/owners test as it’s called now for club ownership isn’t the filter that the supporters hoped it would be.

Not only do you need a regulatory framework, you need the political will to rigorously enforce the processes and procedures but given the global body, FIFA is under federal investigation in the US means there are fundamental and structural issues that require resolving before focus shifts down the food chain.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:

Was he qualified?

yes he was qualified. you just can't saunter up and take out an aeroplane.

you don't need one as you are not doing anything for commercial gain.

you need to tajke your tin foil hat off mate.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Imposter wrote:

Was he qualified?

not got a tinfoil hat, just a thought for knowledge

As you seem well versed on the subject please correct me if I am wrong but I thought you needed different levels of qualification for flying in harder circumstances, like at night and over open water. Did he have all this?

so you believe a soon to be bankrupt Lincolnshire plumber took a few days off work to Cardiff to fly a premiership footballer to Nantes and back for no commercial gain?
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    so you believe a soon to be bankrupt Lincolnshire plumber took a few days off work to Cardiff to fly a premiership footballer to Nantes and back for no commercial gain?

That’s where I was going in my post earlier.

Also, I’m staggered that no one appears to have a duty of care to Sala, given he is now a multi million pound asset.

The whole thing stinks.
  • Shipley wrote:

Also, I’m staggered that no one appears to have a duty of care to Sala, given he is now a multi million pound asset.

The whole thing stinks.

I think it is easy to overlook how amateurish many football clubs still are.

As advised above Pprune makes for interesting reading. In a nutshell joe public just charters a private flight and has no idea that the pilot may be far too inexperienced for the task if it switches from light to dark or if the weather worsens. So even if Cardiff had a player liaison officer in charge of organising travel would they know what to look for in terms of plane and pilot when booking private flights?
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    I don't normally agree with much Martin Samuel writes and certainly not stuff that appears in the daily mail...but he makes alot of valid points in this article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -died.html
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Shipley wrote:

The whole thing stinks.

There we go....... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47358572

No surprise there then. Dodgy Pilot and even more suspect employer. Why did they just not buy him a BA ticket to Bristol and send a car to get him ?

Hope they get screwed for the fee......but then again, half of that’s going to Barcelona ?????

“The beautiful game” eh ??

“Where there’s brass there’s unscrupulous bastards “
  • Imposter wrote:

Was he qualified?

What is the opposite of a tin foil hat?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    the investigation into the pilot apparently do not know much about the pilot as he had his log and licence with him. is it not manadatory to have this data stored/updated electronically?
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Imposter wrote:

Was he qualified?

Have been reading Pprune, it seems they are as baffled as we are but in a much more knowledgeable and incomprehensible way.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    The money grubbing agent McKay looking more in the crosshairs, hence no doubt the squealing about nowt to do with him, all Cardiff's fault. But the intrepid seeker after truth BBC's Dan Roan is on the case, or reading the pprune thread, so all will be revealed.
  • Matthewfalle
    is it just me or the mackays vile and odious on the telly last night?

hideous creatures

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    There are leaked messages which, if not faked, do point fingers... It's The Heil, hold your nose

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... light.html
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    So it would seem the pilot was qualified only for daytime flights and was colour blind yet he flew at night with Sala. The adage about old,bold pilots applies but putting a £multi million player on a cheap flight is crazy. A netjet might cost a few hundred or a couple of thousand but it would seem that pocketing a few quid was more important
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    amrushton wrote:
    So it would seem the pilot was qualified only for daytime flights and was colour blind yet he flew at night with Sala. The adage about old,bold pilots applies but putting a £multi million player on a cheap flight is crazy. A netjet might cost a few hundred or a couple of thousand but it would seem that pocketing a few quid was more important

It would seem to be far more complicated than that
  • Matthewfalle
    It would seem that the McKays organised the flight knowing they would make a few quid off it and not caring too much.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • surrey_commuter
    It would seem that the McKays organised the flight knowing they would make a few quid off it and not caring too much.

The suggestion is that it is far bigger than that and that there is an entire network of private pilots doing charter flights. Despite the shouting from the commercial pilots the authorities have done nothing to clamp down on it.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084

The suggestion is that it is far bigger than that and that there is an entire network of private pilots doing charter flights. Despite the shouting from the commercial pilots the authorities have done nothing to clamp down on it.

Pretty much the history of every safety feature on every form of transport. A long period of delay and denial that the problem exists until there's a significant loss of life. Only then does it become unavoidable that a change is made.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:

Pretty much the history of every safety feature on every form of transport. A long period of delay and denial that the problem exists until there's a significant loss of life. Only then does it become unavoidable that a change is made.

Or in this case a celebrity loss of life?
  • surrey_commuter
    rjsterry wrote:

Or in this case a celebrity loss of life?

Probably more about the expense than the low level of celebrity. You have two clubs arguing over £15m, his family have appointed Michael Mansfield QC so must want his future wages etc, the plane must be worth a few quid so an insurance argument there.

I imagine the tax man will be taking a keen interest as it reaches court they will have to tell the truth or commit perjury.