Celebrity Death Pool 2019

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Pat Laffan aka Pat Mustard the milkman from Father Ted
    JBA wrote:
    Magenta Devine

Sounds a little better than Kim Taylor.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee
    bg13 wrote:
    Charlie whiting, F1 bloke!

The last tweet from Fake Charlie Whiting today.

https://twitter.com/charlie_whiting/sta ... 0163851264
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    redvee wrote:
    Pat Laffan aka Pat Mustard the milkman from Father Ted
    That's tragic. He'll never put his massive tool in Mrs. Doyle's box again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Some nobody off of some telly box programme called love island!

No, me either!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Dick Dale, super guitar playerist.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • redvee
    Scott Tracy from Thunderbirds aka Shane Rimmer.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    oxoman wrote:
    Childhood hero Scott Tracey so Thunderbird 1 is in need of a new pilot. RIP Shane Rimmer.

Q: What would you get if a Supermodel married a Thunderbirds character?

A: Claudia Schiffer-Brains

I'll get my coat...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I think Cooldad warrants a mention on this thread, he was certainly a forum celebrity.
    RIP chief Spazwangle.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think Cooldad warrants a mention on this thread, he was certainly a forum celebrity.
    RIP chief Spazwangle.
    +1

Not sure what else to say.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    oxoman wrote:
    +2 Cooldad was way better than some so called stars / celebrities.

Reall sad to hear about Cooldad, don't think anyone has used the word 'spazwangle' so well.
    RIP Sir.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • bg13
    Tommy Smith ex Liverpool footballerist

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Billy McNeill, ex Celtic kickballer
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    oxoman wrote:
    +2 Cooldad was way better than some so called stars / celebrities.

Good shout, +3 for Cooldad 8)
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • redvee
    Chewbacca, aka Peter Mayhew, a few days before Star Wars Day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    oxoman wrote:
    Freddie Starr 76 RIP. Certainly not everyones cup of tea. Did some good stuff for charity though.
    Gone to the great hamster wheel in the sky
  • veronese68
    Doris Day is gone at 97. Must confess I had no idea she was still alive, turns out she retired in her 50s.
  • Wheelspinner
    Niki Lauda has pulled into pit lane for the final time. :(
  • Stevo_666
    Very sad. The Lizard is no more.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Read a book a while back called Grand Prix Requiem it was about great racing drivers that had died and their stories. Niki Lauda was included because they reckoned he really shouldn’t have survived.
    In contrast they reckon Ronnie Peterson should have lived. Motor racing was a dangerous game.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Read a book a while back called Grand Prix Requiem it was about great racing drivers that had died and their stories. Niki Lauda was included because they reckoned he really shouldn’t have survived.
    In contrast they reckon Ronnie Peterson should have lived. Motor racing was a dangerous game.
    Sound like a good book, if a bit morbid. No doubt they had plenty of material.
  • Wheelspinner
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Way back in them thar Seventies, knew a mate of a mate who was a complete F1 tragic fan. He took a year off work to go bum around and follow the GP races in Europe, and after about 6 weeks had somehow managed to blag his way onto the Ferrari team as a pit crew bloke, with the job of basically looking after tyres on wheels and not much else. But he spent the year at their expense watching from pit lane. This bloke was himself a seriously *good* driver, did a lot of rallying and track work. During that season they spent the off weeks "testing" at Fiorano in Italy, and there were some factory road cars for the drivers. Lauda had a 512BB Boxer to use. One day he took some of the crew out for "hot laps" to show them how it was done.

Mate says he had never been so thoroughly terrified in a car in his life. Lauda driving this thing had it a bit sideways drifting at over 100 mph, then took his hands OFF THE WHEEL, and straightened it up on throttle balance alone before shifting up to go faster.. didn't touch steering till it was pointed straight ahead and nearing 130 mph. Laughing his head off at the time apparently.
  • Tashman
    Lauda had a 512BB Boxer to use. One day he took some of the crew out for "hot laps" to show them how it was done.

Mate says he had never been so thoroughly terrified in a car in his life. Lauda driving this thing had it a bit sideways drifting at over 100 mph, then took his hands OFF THE WHEEL, and straightened it up on throttle balance alone before shifting up to go faster.. didn't touch steering till it was pointed straight ahead and nearing 130 mph. Laughing his head off at the time apparently.
    That sounds like the most thrilling and terrifying thing. Amazing!
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sound like a good book, if a bit morbid. No doubt they had plenty of material.
    Very much so. It was written before the Senna/Ratzenberger weekend, there had been no deaths in F1 for years up to that point. The early years there was a lot of being killed by rolling the car trying to avoid a dog type stuff. Some great stories and real characters.
    That’s a great story Spinner and terrifying. I’ve been in a car going sideways at about a ton with the driver twirling the wheel saying it made no difference what the car did, but that was a heavily modified Range Rover.
  • Tashman
    Judith Kerr - children's author of The Tiger who came to tea, and the Mog books. Quite a life story herself
  • Wheelspinner
    Few days late, but R.I.P to Rip Torn.
    Best stage name ever?
  • Wheelspinner
    Peter McNamara, (Aussie) tennis player-ist of considerable note in the 80’s, including dual Wimby doubles champ, and owner of one of the best mullet hair-do’s in the game, gone at 64. :(
  • PhilipPirrip
    PhilipPirrip Posts: 616
    edited July 2019
    Rutger Hauer. "Time to die."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOW4QiOD-oc
  • bg13
    Joe Longthorne, entertainer bloke from back when television pictures were black and white.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Wheelspinner
    Peter Fonda rides out.
  • Stevo_666
    Hans Rausing. Will need a Tetepak coffin soon.