Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday, the wheels turn remorselessly ever on

big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Trains, taxis, teas. Where's the sunshine?
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Colder here this morning, dog walked, breakfast consumed just waved Jackie off to work, I can relax now
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,055
    Tea, hound walked, now the joys of the toll road. Later is local
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,721
    Morning. Cold dark and at work
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Morning

    Drive, pedal, eat, pedal, drive. Maybe some work.
    No sunshine here either.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

    herd bambini, pack bag some more, do some weights, walk hound.

    thats about it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Morning, Ice on untreated surfaces as in everywhere this morning. Last day of blissful commuting for a while school are back Monday, or is it Tuesday?
    Some sort of fitness related disease has overtaken a portion of the office so likely give a week or two for it to pass. Strange things like running are being talked about and they all have bags an are charging watches.

    Anywho, coffee to being found reports to be written and napping to be done.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,737
    Coffee, wood stacking, coffee, wood stacking. That's about it bar a chat with the sparky who is here. Looks, walks and sounds just like Johnny Kingdom.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,590
    Step83 wrote:
    Some sort of fitness related disease has overtaken a portion of the office so likely give a week or two for it to pass. Strange things like running are being talked about and they all have bags an are charging watches.
    There's a January fitness thing going on for Mind - not sure if it's related to that.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,665 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Little bit fresh out this morning but not too bad, managed to wobble in at any rate. Bumped into another colleague/friend as I rode through Bushy Park, his Mrs had commandeered the car so he was walking in. I slowed for a bit of a chat and then rode off as I was getting cold. Very glad it's Fryday, this means I will be going to the cafe for lunch to eat my own bodyweight in fried pig. I only gained 0.5kg over the Christmas break so I haven't done too badly.
    MF I do believe children should be seen and not herd, I think that's how the saying goes.
    Computers still being difficult here, thankfully not affecting me as much as others. Out to a neighbour's for drinks later then it's the weekend. Woohoo!
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Step83 wrote:
    Some sort of fitness related disease has overtaken a portion of the office so likely give a week or two for it to pass. Strange things like running are being talked about and they all have bags an are charging watches.
    There's a January fitness thing going on for Mind - not sure if it's related to that.

    I doubt it I'm a supporter for mind (I'm actually bipolar T2 yay) I did mail out about some bits this year but looks like its the usual new years resolutions occurring more than anything else.
  • Bus today, I dislike cycling to work in sub-zero.
    Mostly marking reports as I hang it out until lunchtime, then Fish and Chips in the refrectory.....
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Drove in, let the dog out, made coffee, let dog in, drank coffee and sat down. Colleague arrived and we had a good long chat about Christmas, the aftermath of the Christmas do, the neverending merger and everything in between. Now it's basically lunchtime, as it's friday I'll take a long lunch and probably censored off early. I like this 2 day week lark.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Done the dog. Ice skating at Hampton Court next. Then hopefully some loafing and idling before more enforced fun at a bowling alley tomorrow.
  • Too dark and cold for a run at 6 this morning so might go this afternoon instead.

    After two dry days it's time for a G&T me thinks...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    After two dry days it's time for a G&T me thinks...

    Same here. I certainly wasn't doing dry January as I'm going skiing in a few weeks but I thought I might last a little longer than this... I think I'll just attempt to cut out drinking in the week instead.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Too dark and cold for a run at 6 this morning so might go this afternoon instead.

    After two dry days it's time for a G&T me thinks...

    Use dry Gin, still means your dry for this month.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Working from home so had a decent lie in. Pretty quiet work-wise so spent lunchtime talking to insurance companies and tracker installers, luckily no re-mortgaging will be needed. Time for some more work and then must get around to finishing off my tax return, could do with a refund.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cleaning the house.

    #rock'n'roll
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    I need to ask Sungod his opinion on what that monstrosity masquerading as "art" is outside Gare du Nord. The lopsided house.

    Surprised otherwise that a large number of Tottinettes were still in use. Maybe the riots weren't so bad.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Big Harv wrote:
    Tottinettes
    I thought that was the French word for attractive women?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,665 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    Tottinettes
    I thought that was the French word for attractive women?
    Attractive young women in particular I believe.
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    Aha, no. Electric scooters for hire. Foot scooters, like you might have had as a kid. Very handy for setting fire to and throwing at gendarmes. Apparently.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    Tottinettes
    I thought that was the French word for attractive women?
    Attractive young women in particular I believe.
    Not sure you're narrowing it down a lot :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Big Harv wrote:
    Aha, no. Electric scooters for hire. Foot scooters, like you might have had as a kid. Very handy for setting fire to and throwing at gendarmes. Apparently.
    How very French...I'll be headed to the land of garlic and riots soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,737
    Sparky turned up. That meant when he left, I was threading 4mm armoured cable through the innards of the house. Now i'm farked and no wood was collected so that will be tomorrow.
    Just as I was finishing putting back the jigsaw that was the floor boards, Mrs P told me there was an engine on the drive! :D

    Wahey. Came complete with wiring harness and ancillary's.

    Laters (if i'm not hugging an engine)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    Aha, no. Electric scooters for hire. Foot scooters, like you might have had as a kid. Very handy for setting fire to and throwing at gendarmes. Apparently.
    How very French...I'll be headed to the land of garlic and riots soon.

    Well I'm sure you will enjoy. If you're possibly bored of an evening tune into Channel 21 L'Equipe Channel. They've been showing classic TdF stages, cyclocross etc. But don't stay in hoping for it. It's wall to wall pétanque otherwise :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Big Harv wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    Aha, no. Electric scooters for hire. Foot scooters, like you might have had as a kid. Very handy for setting fire to and throwing at gendarmes. Apparently.
    How very French...I'll be headed to the land of garlic and riots soon.

    Well I'm sure you will enjoy. If you're possibly bored of an evening tune into Channel 21 L'Equipe Channel. They've been showing classic TdF stages, cyclocross etc. But don't stay in hoping for it. It's wall to wall pétanque otherwise :mrgreen:
    We're off skiing so no time to watch telly. When we're not skiing we'll be drinking and eating :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,806
    Pinno wrote:
    Sparky turned up. That meant when he left, I was threading 4mm armoured cable through the innards of the house. Now i'm farked and no wood was collected so that will be tomorrow.
    Just as I was finishing putting back the jigsaw that was the floor boards, Mrs P told me there was an engine on the drive! :D

    Wahey. Came complete with wiring harness and ancillary's.

    Laters (if i'm not hugging an engine)
    So how are you going to shift that lump into the garage/shed?

    Dealer called today to say the car will with them a week earlier, on 21st Jan now. I've resisted temptation and told them I still want to pick it up on 1st March. How's that for self restraint?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • big_harvbig_harv Posts: 512
    F yeah. I would wait. If we get snow in Jan/Feb you are going to be mightily p33d off.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 15,628
    Big Harv wrote:
    F yeah. I would wait. If we get snow in Jan/Feb you are going to be mightily p33d off.

    Is it made of carbon then?
Sign In or Register to comment.