Friday, the wheels turn remorselessly ever on

big_harv
big_harv Posts: 512
edited January 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Trains, taxis, teas. Where's the sunshine?

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Colder here this morning, dog walked, breakfast consumed just waved Jackie off to work, I can relax now
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tea, hound walked, now the joys of the toll road. Later is local
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Drive, pedal, eat, pedal, drive. Maybe some work.
    No sunshine here either.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

herd bambini, pack bag some more, do some weights, walk hound.

thats about it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Ice on untreated surfaces as in everywhere this morning. Last day of blissful commuting for a while school are back Monday, or is it Tuesday?
    Some sort of fitness related disease has overtaken a portion of the office so likely give a week or two for it to pass. Strange things like running are being talked about and they all have bags an are charging watches.

Anywho, coffee to being found reports to be written and napping to be done.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Coffee, wood stacking, coffee, wood stacking. That's about it bar a chat with the sparky who is here. Looks, walks and sounds just like Johnny Kingdom.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Step83 wrote:
    Some sort of fitness related disease has overtaken a portion of the office so likely give a week or two for it to pass. Strange things like running are being talked about and they all have bags an are charging watches.
    There's a January fitness thing going on for Mind - not sure if it's related to that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Little bit fresh out this morning but not too bad, managed to wobble in at any rate. Bumped into another colleague/friend as I rode through Bushy Park, his Mrs had commandeered the car so he was walking in. I slowed for a bit of a chat and then rode off as I was getting cold. Very glad it's Fryday, this means I will be going to the cafe for lunch to eat my own bodyweight in fried pig. I only gained 0.5kg over the Christmas break so I haven't done too badly.
    MF I do believe children should be seen and not herd, I think that's how the saying goes.
    Computers still being difficult here, thankfully not affecting me as much as others. Out to a neighbour's for drinks later then it's the weekend. Woohoo!
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    There's a January fitness thing going on for Mind - not sure if it's related to that.

I doubt it I'm a supporter for mind (I'm actually bipolar T2 yay) I did mail out about some bits this year but looks like its the usual new years resolutions occurring more than anything else.
  • Bus today, I dislike cycling to work in sub-zero.
    Mostly marking reports as I hang it out until lunchtime, then Fish and Chips in the refrectory.....
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Drove in, let the dog out, made coffee, let dog in, drank coffee and sat down. Colleague arrived and we had a good long chat about Christmas, the aftermath of the Christmas do, the neverending merger and everything in between. Now it's basically lunchtime, as it's friday I'll take a long lunch and probably bugger off early. I like this 2 day week lark.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Done the dog. Ice skating at Hampton Court next. Then hopefully some loafing and idling before more enforced fun at a bowling alley tomorrow.
  • Too dark and cold for a run at 6 this morning so might go this afternoon instead.

After two dry days it's time for a G&T me thinks...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997

Same here. I certainly wasn't doing dry January as I'm going skiing in a few weeks but I thought I might last a little longer than this... I think I'll just attempt to cut out drinking in the week instead.
  • step83
    Too dark and cold for a run at 6 this morning so might go this afternoon instead.

Use dry Gin, still means your dry for this month.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Working from home so had a decent lie in. Pretty quiet work-wise so spent lunchtime talking to insurance companies and tracker installers, luckily no re-mortgaging will be needed. Time for some more work and then must get around to finishing off my tax return, could do with a refund.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cleaning the house.

#rock'n'roll
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • big_harv
    I need to ask Sungod his opinion on what that monstrosity masquerading as "art" is outside Gare du Nord. The lopsided house.

Surprised otherwise that a large number of Tottinettes were still in use. Maybe the riots weren't so bad.
  • Stevo_666
    Big Harv wrote:
    Tottinettes
    I thought that was the French word for attractive women?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    Tottinettes
    Attractive young women in particular I believe.
  • big_harv
    Aha, no. Electric scooters for hire. Foot scooters, like you might have had as a kid. Very handy for setting fire to and throwing at gendarmes. Apparently.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:
    Tottinettes
    Attractive young women in particular I believe.
    Not sure you're narrowing it down a lot :)
  • Stevo_666
    Big Harv wrote:
    Aha, no. Electric scooters for hire. Foot scooters, like you might have had as a kid. Very handy for setting fire to and throwing at gendarmes. Apparently.
    How very French...I'll be headed to the land of garlic and riots soon.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sparky turned up. That meant when he left, I was threading 4mm armoured cable through the innards of the house. Now i'm farked and no wood was collected so that will be tomorrow.
    Just as I was finishing putting back the jigsaw that was the floor boards, Mrs P told me there was an engine on the drive! :D

Wahey. Came complete with wiring harness and ancillary's.

Laters (if i'm not hugging an engine)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • big_harv
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Well I'm sure you will enjoy. If you're possibly bored of an evening tune into Channel 21 L'Equipe Channel. They've been showing classic TdF stages, cyclocross etc. But don't stay in hoping for it. It's wall to wall pétanque otherwise :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Big Harv wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Well I'm sure you will enjoy. If you're possibly bored of an evening tune into Channel 21 L'Equipe Channel. They've been showing classic TdF stages, cyclocross etc. But don't stay in hoping for it. It's wall to wall pétanque otherwise :mrgreen:
    We're off skiing so no time to watch telly. When we're not skiing we'll be drinking and eating :)
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Sparky turned up. That meant when he left, I was threading 4mm armoured cable through the innards of the house. Now i'm farked and no wood was collected so that will be tomorrow.
    Just as I was finishing putting back the jigsaw that was the floor boards, Mrs P told me there was an engine on the drive! :D

Wahey. Came complete with wiring harness and ancillary's.

Laters (if i'm not hugging an engine)
    So how are you going to shift that lump into the garage/shed?

Dealer called today to say the car will with them a week earlier, on 21st Jan now. I've resisted temptation and told them I still want to pick it up on 1st March. How's that for self restraint?
  • big_harv
    F yeah. I would wait. If we get snow in Jan/Feb you are going to be mightily p33d off.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Big Harv wrote:
    F yeah. I would wait. If we get snow in Jan/Feb you are going to be mightily p33d off.

Is it made of carbon then?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Big Harv wrote:

Is it made of carbon then?
    It won't melt, but the mention of it seems to be causing some snowflakes to melt elsewhere :)