Friday, the wheels turn remorselessly ever on

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Sparky turned up. That meant when he left, I was threading 4mm armoured cable through the innards of the house. Now i'm farked and no wood was collected so that will be tomorrow.
    Just as I was finishing putting back the jigsaw that was the floor boards, Mrs P told me there was an engine on the drive! :D

Wahey. Came complete with wiring harness and ancillary's.

Laters (if i'm not hugging an engine)
    So how are you going to shift that lump into the garage/shed?

Dealer called today to say the car will with them a week earlier, on 21st Jan now. I've resisted temptation and told them I still want to pick it up on 1st March. How's that for self restraint?

That's like wrapping your balls with copious amounts of elastic bands.

[I have the use if a hoist and I have an engine work stand.]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Gives me a bit of time to have the holiday, buy Stropteens tinbox, flog my old oil burner and get a busy February at work out of the way.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    You're not serious about a tinbox for stropteen?!

She'll be at Uni next year. A train stop or three from home, laundry facilities, a square meal and the bank of Dad.
    "Daddy - I need to renew my car insurance...it needs tyres...it needs servicing...it needs a clutch...someone dented it..." x7(?)* Is there a tow hitch on the Panzer wagon?

*At least. She won't be earning until 2027. Unless of course, she does - 'weekend work'.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    You're not serious about a tinbox for stropteen?!

She'll be at Uni next year. A train stop or three from home, laundry facilities, a square meal and the bank of Dad.
    "Daddy - I need to renew my car insurance...it needs tyres...it needs servicing...it needs a clutch...someone dented it..." x7(?)* Is there a tow hitch on the Panzer wagon?

*At least. She won't be earning until 2027. Unless of course, she does - 'weekend work'.
    Uni is unlikely to be close to home. The cunning plan is it can turn into Mrs. 666s run about next year and we can get shot of the family tank.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    ?!You mean what's coming isn't a 'tank'?! The only thing missing is the gun turret.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    ?!You mean what's coming isn't a 'tank'?! The only thing missing is the gun turret.

Bergepanzer?
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Bergepanzer?

I know Stevo is uncomfortable with 'Panzer wagon' and will be equally as uncomfortable with 'Bergepanzer' but Bergepanzer fits and things that fit, stick.
    Although he is an ardent Tory (borderline Maggie shagger) and just so as he is not associated with Neo Nazism, we could refer to it as BP.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Bergepanzer?

I know Stevo is uncomfortable with 'Panzer wagon' and will be equally as uncomfortable with 'Bergepanzer' but Bergepanzer fits and things that fit, stick.
    Although he is an ardent Tory (borderline Maggie shagger) and just so as he is not associated with Neo Nazism, we could refer to it as BP.
    Only because I already have one Panzer (see sig) :) Although as that is going soon I think the Panzer tag can be transferred to the car. I like the idea of a gun turret, will be handy for clearing the outside lane of those t***ers in slow cars who refuse to move over.
  • pinno
    EotW?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    EotW?
    End of the World?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    EotW?
    End of the World?

Yep.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    EotW?
    End of the World?

Yep.
    Not following...
  • pinno
    Wasn't it JC* who said it was the end of the world on four wheels?

*Not the religious tw@t, the other tw@t.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

*Not the religious fool, the other fool.
    Ah yes, our Lord John Cleese. I think I missed that particular Faulty Towers quote. It may soon be EotW for slow drivers who hog the outside lane.
  • pinno
    I wrote t w a t and the swear filter turned it into fool. Then I type t w @ t and the swear filter turns it into fool.
    What lengths will the PC bunch go to?

tw4ts.
  • pinno
    Ha ha.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

*Not the religious fool, the other fool.
    Ah yes, our Lord John Cleese. I think I missed that particular Faulty Towers quote. It may soon be EotW for slow drivers who hog the outside lane.

?Jeremy Clarkson! Or am I missing something?
  • Stevo_666
    I thought that was from the episode where he flogged his car with a tree branch. Maybe not. Never heard Clarkson say that either but he is also of deity like status and a few better quotes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dealer called today to say the car will with them a week earlier, on 21st Jan now. I've resisted temptation and told them I still want to pick it up on 1st March. How's that for self restraint?
    :?: :?: :?:

Do you not have February in the UK?

How does "a week earlier" arriving in Jan instead of March 1 add up!?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ah the naivety of the antipodean. UK vehicle registration plates change year number, twice a year in fact, in March and September so by waiting until March 1st he can strut his stuff with a new '19' plate rather than a yesterday's news '68' version. Simples.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ah the naivety of the antipodean. UK vehicle registration plates change year number, twice a year in fact, in March and September so by waiting until March 1st he can strut his stuff with a new '19' plate rather than a yesterday's news '68' version. Simples.
    Ah ok. We do that based on the actual build and "compliance" date of the car, which is nothing to do with the rego plate numbering... every state here has a different plate format anyway so a bit meaningless... I assumed Stevo was just waiting for a car with an actual build date of 2019...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I don't think the amount of strutting will be affected by the plate, I'll be too busy enjoying driving it :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ah ok. We do that based on the actual build and "compliance" date of the car, which is nothing to do with the rego plate numbering... every state here has a different plate format anyway so a bit meaningless... I assumed Stevo was just waiting for a car with an actual build date of 2019...
    If they had been able to deliver it before Xmas I would have taken it and used the Christmas hols to have bit of a dick around on my days off, but when they pushed the delivery date back to end of Jan I thought I may as well wait a few weeks for the new plate. They then shifted the date forward by a week to 21st Jan but by that time I'd made my mind up.

It's worth a few hundred quid extra on a 19 plate rather than a 68 plate when it eventually gets sold so why not. Although TBH I have a pretty busy Jan and Feb and it'll be better to get used to the car when its not pitch black with slippery roads. Also it gives me plenty of time to get a decent tracker fitted before I pick it up and something to look forward to :)