LEAVE the Conservative Party and save your country!

1171819202123»

• Rolf FRolf F Posts: 16,126
    Rory Stewart has now bailed from the Tory party; presumably he is following this thread......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,245
    Rolf F wrote:
    Rory Stewart has now bailed from the Tory party; presumably he is following this thread......
    And running for London Mayor as an independent (well he wasn't going to just sit around, was he?) Already quite a crowded field but good luck to him. He seems to be good at connecting with people.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • TheBlueBeanTheBlueBean Posts: 8,251
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    And running for London Mayor as an independent (well he wasn't going to just sit around, was he?) Already quite a crowded field but good luck to him. He seems to be good at connecting with people.

It puzzles me a bit when he is an MP for Cumbria. Quite a change that. Still, having had a quick look at the competition, not much appeals.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,245
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

It puzzles me a bit when he is an MP for Cumbria. Quite a change that. Still, having had a quick look at the competition, not much appeals.

I think Penrith was always a stepping stone to something bigger. Now that route has been cut off, his ambition needs another
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • TheBlueBeanTheBlueBean Posts: 8,251
    rjsterry wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

I think Penrith was always a stepping stone to something bigger. Now that route has been cut off, his ambition needs another

Candidates usually play up their Londoness though, and seems to only have it when acting as an MP for Cumbria unless I have missed something. I can't see that winning in the Labour heartlands.
  • elbowlohelbowloh Posts: 1,972
    Rolf F wrote:
    Wasn't he excluded anyway from the party following his support for the Benn Bill?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
    Tall....