The thread that was conveniently missed... Still waiting for a response from Rick

13»

Comments

• rjsterry wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You are spending hours of your life trawling back through years of threads to try and prove that a joke is real and from there get people in trouble for breaking forum rules.

About 10 minutes. I have been aware of that thread and the comments therein for while.
    Recently, there has been a spate of threads that seem to be straight trolling. I wonder if there is a connection.
    If there is deliberate antagonism by means of duplicate accounts, then I do not like it. That is beyond a joke.
    Plus; there's a mod in the midst of it.

Do these actions enhance the forum?

as you say there are enough others trolling away that one more would make no difference. Maybe it is me but I really don't care if people run more than one account. The only thing that annoys me is bad behaviour in the "beginners" section.

Is it me or has Rick been gone for a month?

No he's been absent. I assume miniRC has arrived.

I would not have had Rick down as some new man who would take paternity leave
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,596

Some men even change nappies these days.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You are spending hours of your life trawling back through years of threads to try and prove that a joke is real and from there get people in trouble for breaking forum rules.

About 10 minutes. I have been aware of that thread and the comments therein for while.
    Recently, there has been a spate of threads that seem to be straight trolling. I wonder if there is a connection.
    If there is deliberate antagonism by means of duplicate accounts, then I do not like it. That is beyond a joke.

as you say there are enough others trolling away that one more would make no difference. Maybe it is me but I really don't care if people run more than one account. The only thing that annoys me is bad behaviour in the "beginners" section.

I would not have had you down as someone who would use the phrase 'new man'.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Has to be Coopster!

I am so glad that you think it could be me. I can confirm that I never considered it to be you as even that group are more sophisticated than that. :lol:

How sad it must be to live in the dregs of your little life! :lol:

It's definitely Coopster.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

maybe I need to work on my emojis
  • Wait, there are mods on here?

It's like the wild west.
  • TheBigBean wrote:

Some men even change nappies these days.

are you saying that a nanny can be a man?
  • Once in a while they delete spam. Otherwise, it's quickdraw everywhere you go.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Craigus89 wrote:
    Wait, there are mods on here?

It's like the wild west.

Not that long ago, it was like something out of 1984.
    Now it's gone the other way.

We need a happy medium*.

*I find that their rates are too high these days, I mean, you can get your own Ouija board...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

maybe I need to work on my emojis

Me, too.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I would love it if imposter and milemuncher/ bottom brackets were one and the same. Thought of him or her sitting there arguing with themselves as they type.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Webboo wrote:
    I would love it if imposter and milemuncher/ bottom brackets were one and the same. Thought of him or her sitting there arguing with themselves as they type.
    There was someone on here a little while back who set up multiple accounts and was caught discussing things with himself - quite amusing as when he got caught he tried to claim that his forum alter ego was his 'partner' :) Nothing to do with this, mind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    agree - richard seems to have gone quiet on this matter.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.