Who will lead Team Sky at the Vuelta?

13»

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    adr82 wrote:
    Just going through the rest of the profiles, stage 20 looks like fun!
    9d690

Ay caramba! Hope you're getting the altitude miles in, ATC
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    9d690

Crumbs!

Puts down beer and shelves this evening's pizza plans. :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    mrfpb wrote:
    All white skinsuit is what I'm hearing. And don't try "leaving it in the truck". It didn't work for Tom.

Damn, rumbled, I was going to dump it in the lady hygiene bin at the airport.
    It's not an issue. If AtC insists Stannard rides then she can just hide behind him ad nobody will ever see her *strategic Zubeldia*

Marginal gains for the win! Here's me and Yogi out training.

FEJ7NZ3GLPH1MTV.LARGE.jpg
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    9d690

Crumbs!

Yes, it looks like they have gone for another Andorran mega mountain monster.
    Very similar to the one Purito planned in 2015 which saw Chris Froome break a bone in his foot in the neutral zone.
    It was a great stage to watch, just as this one will be.
    I was able to go to watch the stage sign on, have a quick chat with Geraint, (just drop that in there 8) ) watch the roll out, then have a spot of lunch in a local hostelry, with the stage on tv.
    Then we popped across the road, saw the Sky train wizz past and still had time to jump in the car and head to the final climb. Managed to walk half way up and find a nice "rampy" spot (it was all flipping steep) in plenty of time to see the toil and trouble.
    That day had Landa up the road, taking the stage, with his then team mate, Aru attacking from behind.
    "Diesel" Dumoulin in the leader's jersey setting his own tempo and Geraint nursing a wounded Dawg.
    Pretty special.
    This was it:
    stage-11-profile.jpg

Note the especial climb. It's this year's finish, only in 2015, it went up a further 325 metres!
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • OK folks, it's me. I'm going to lead Sky at the Vuelta.

SDB has decided that the next step in revolutionising pro-cycling is to have a 36 year-old woman lead the team at a GT.

I have been picked for the Vuelta due to my affinity for a good paella and my ability to order a round of beers in the local language.

Wish me luck. I will be toking on my inhaler quite regularly so expect the inevitable puffed-up scandal.

The white kit makes me look fat though so if you can all put in a quiet word for a return to the more slimming on the boobs black that would be great.

Ta.

‘Turn those boos into moos’
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    mrfpb wrote:
    All white skinsuit is what I'm hearing. And don't try "leaving it in the truck". It didn't work for Tom.

Damn, rumbled, I was going to dump it in the lady hygiene bin at the airport.
    It's not an issue. If AtC insists Stannard rides then she can just hide behind him ad nobody will ever see her *strategic Zubeldia*

If they're original Mag wheels, they're worth a few quid.

As for who SKY field? I'd be surprised if Bernal wasn't in there. Leader? Dunno, but there was talk of GT riding Tour of Britain, so expect to see him line up for the Worlds too.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Mouth wrote:
    If they're original Mag wheels, they're worth a few quid.

As for who SKY field? I'd be surprised if Bernal wasn't in there. Leader? Dunno, but there was talk of GT riding Tour of Britain, so expect to see him line up for the Worlds too.

I wouldn't. Sky were already getting some criticism for not pulling him out in the 3rd week. I'd be surprised if they put a 21 year old into his 2nd GT of the year.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Is Diego Rosa ill / injured? DNF in Italian nationals. Didn't do the Giro or Tour so would be looking for a GT spot you'd assume.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    9d690

Crumbs!

Yes, it looks like they have gone for another Andorran mega mountain monster.
    Very similar to the one Purito planned in 2015 which saw Chris Froome break a bone in his foot in the neutral zone.
    It was a great stage to watch, just as this one will be.
    I was able to go to watch the stage sign on, have a quick chat with Geraint, (just drop that in there 8) ) watch the roll out, then have a spot of lunch in a local hostelry, with the stage on tv.
    Then we popped across the road, saw the Sky train wizz past and still had time to jump in the car and head to the final climb. Managed to walk half way up and find a nice "rampy" spot (it was all flipping steep) in plenty of time to see the toil and trouble.
    That day had Landa up the road, taking the stage, with his then team mate, Aru attacking from behind.
    "Diesel" Dumoulin in the leader's jersey setting his own tempo and Geraint nursing a wounded Dawg.
    Pretty special.
    This was it:
    stage-11-profile.jpg

Note the especial climb. It's this year's finish, only in 2015, it went up a further 325 metres!

Also a reminder that 3 years back Astana had Nibali, Aru & Landa in 1 team. Now they're making do with Fuglsang.
  • above_the_cows
    OK folks, it's me. I'm going to lead Sky at the Vuelta.

SDB has decided that the next step in revolutionising pro-cycling is to have a 36 year-old woman lead the team at a GT.

I have been picked for the Vuelta due to my affinity for a good paella and my ability to order a round of beers in the local language.

Wish me luck. I will be toking on my inhaler quite regularly so expect the inevitable puffed-up scandal.

The white kit makes me look fat though so if you can all put in a quiet word for a return to the more slimming on the boobs black that would be great.

Ta.

‘Turn those boos into moos’

Ha! Well played!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031

Where model Schwinn is Yogi riding there?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    gsk82 wrote:
    Pinot

Peanut? Last report I heard was the chain on his bike had gone rusty and it hadn't moved from where he'd propped it up in his back yard since returning from Italy.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    De La Cruz would be my guess but possibly Henao. When you look at the Sky roster you realise how many very strong riders they have who seem to have had a light season.
    Just looked at the roster. It seems big.

Wow, they still have Beñat Intxausti? :shock:

He’s been ill pretty much since joining (glandular fever I think?).
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Pross wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    De La Cruz would be my guess but possibly Henao. When you look at the Sky roster you realise how many very strong riders they have who seem to have had a light season.
    Just looked at the roster. It seems big.

Wow, they still have Beñat Intxausti? :shock:

He’s been ill pretty much since joining (glandular fever I think?).

Beñat Extxausti
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format