ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Uran back on, fair play
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,332
    Zakarin way off the back
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,818
    Zakarin isn't getting back by the looks.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    smithy21 wrote:
    Uran back. Phew.

Indeed.

Zakarin off the back.
  • ShutupJens
    Break now screwed, losing time rapidly
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    blimey the peloton is flying
  • ShutupJens
    Bury yourself GUillame
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Cav got totally blocked in.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,332
    Woah.

They know how to get 10" of excitement out of all those hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,818
    Zakarin ships 59 seconds.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    OOOOOOFt and who was the wanty sprinter? Greipel just jinxed right and he had to put his brakes on Gaviria boom
  • dolan_driver
    Gaviria, Sagan, Greipel.
  • ShutupJens
    That was a top tier TDF sprint. Heart is racing! Real drag race
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    For me Cav was done well before the switch. His leg speed just isn’t there. Labouring too big a gear and lost wheel after wheel. All is not well.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ShutupJens
    KOM Jersey in the top 10 or so on a sprint stage, such a weird sight
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Competition time.

Whose shoes are these?

orange-childrens-clogs.jpg
    Those shoes are finished!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • above_the_cows
    Cav got totally blocked in.

And then got slightly cut-off by Groenewegen.
  • above_the_cows
    Gweeds wrote:
    For me Cav was done well before the switch. His leg speed just isn’t there. Labouring too big a gear and lost wheel after wheel. All is not well.

Indeed. Just doesn't have the confidence in his form.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Cav really lacking pace at the moment, understandably waving a hand at Groenewegen's switch but he was already going backwards having been well placed for the whole run in. Impressive late pace from Sagan but Gaviria held on well.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Utterly hate Kirby. Starts screaming way too early, so by the time it gets to 400m it's just incomprehensible gibberish.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ShutupJens
    Kittel would have been all over that stage a couple of years ago, now is an afterthought.

Is Katusha the new BMC, where big stars go for big cash and then fade
  • dolan_driver
    Hopefully Greipel will gain a little more zip in his legs and take a stage this year.

Cav not looking great. Both he and Kittel look out-of-sorts.

DD.
  • ShutupJens
    Cav's post stage interview is always worth watching. Such a likeable bloke
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Wanty with three riders in the top ten. Pick one boys, don't be a Poundshop Movistar.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • G Hincapie
    G Hincapie Posts: 78
    These initial sprint stages have been very difficult to watch as a Cavendish fan. What happened today?

I wouldn't be concerned if he was contesting every sprint but coming short, but that hasn't been the case. Griepel was right up there today as well, so Mark should have been. Instead Renshaw seemed to be on his own with 200m to go and I couldn't even see Cav.

I am struggling to see him taking any stages at the Tour this year; no form and fast young guns firing with both barrels.

Makes me feel sad. And old.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    He looks like an old prize fighter chasing one last payday.

Gaviria is Cav 10 years ago. Winning for fun.

Kittel just looks bored.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,935
    Cav never looked like getting there even before Groenewegen clipped his bars as he cut across him.

Sagan once again veered over half way across the road in his sprint - he's going to end another sprinter's Tour again this year if he doesn't wise up.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    G Hincapie wrote:
    These initial sprint stages have been very difficult to watch as a Cavendish fan. What happened today?

I wouldn't be concerned if he was contesting every sprint but coming short, but that hasn't been the case. Griepel was right up there today as well, so Mark should have been. Instead Renshaw seemed to be on his own with 200m to go and I couldn't even see Cav.

I am struggling to see him taking any stages at the Tour this year; no form and fast young guns firing with both barrels.

Cav was next to Greipel right up to 300m to go, his issue was he stayed left thinking the gap would open as everyone else veered right, but it didnt and he lost the wheel and momentum by being blocked, and got caught in the headwind.

the problem is he is so small he disappears in a bunch if he's not visibly at the front. and his habit of sitting up immediately if he cant win always make it look likes he finishes completely nowhere, I think given the amount of racing/form and so on coming into the Tour, actually today wasnt that bad, he seemed happier with the performance if not the result
  • G Hincapie
    G Hincapie Posts: 78
    awavey wrote:
    G Hincapie wrote:

Cav was next to Greipel right up to 300m to go, his issue was he stayed left thinking the gap would open as everyone else veered right, but it didnt and he lost the wheel and momentum by being blocked, and got caught in the headwind.

the problem is he is so small he disappears in a bunch if he's not visibly at the front. and his habit of sitting up immediately if he cant win always make it look likes he finishes completely nowhere, I think given the amount of racing/form and so on coming into the Tour, actually today wasnt that bad, he seemed happier with the performance if not the result

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed then, would really love to see him get one more TdF win.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    I thought it looked like the problem was his legs, I don't expect him to be top 3 unless he can grow in form and come good in the last week.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]