Chris Froome salbutamol/Tour merged threads

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    It's an aside I know but it has always amazed me just how bad Sky are at PR.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Indie said there's a hearing Tuesday on this. The arbitration "court" of a French body is hearing it. :D
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    RichN95 wrote:
    Matt Dickenson at The Times is reporting that there may be a decision on the Froome case (rumoured to clear Froome) this week. Maybe even as early as today.

Hardly news Perry Mason, the UCI said they would make an annoiuncement this week.

What's an annoiuncement, Shakespere?

In other words, why not stick to addressing the post, instead of trying to ridicule the poster.

oh the irony of the idiots collective.
  • Vino'sGhost
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Well they might, but i still think its good to see ASO grasping the nettle.

Seriously? They have no chance and they are making a token gesture. It’s a gesture that means joe public thinks all cyclists are dopers and undermines everyone despite the eventual outcome. It’s pathetic.

There’s sometimes great value in gestures. The ASO does this sometimes, like banning virenque (overturned by the uci) like chucking Astana off the tour and like binning Sagan.

Sometimes its the right thing to do, not everyone is a simpering wet.

They didn't bin Sagan though, that was the race jury.
    Otherwise, you could have added removing the time penalty from George Bennett, when they found out that Bardet had been caught, too. :wink:

In any case, I suspect most people dont believe cycling is clean but i can agree with you that many might see a pro French bias but i suspect a large part of that is tribal rather than factual.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,246
    Gazzetta are now claiming that he is going to be cleared today. Gazzetta say a lot of things mind.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Vino'sGhost
    well if he's cleared he's cleared.

just get on with it FFS
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Amen.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
  • Vino'sGhost
    though it does sound as if there is some technical issue that would have been difficult to support by wada.

What will ASO do now.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Let the fun begin...
  • tangled_metal
    though it does sound as if there is some technical issue that would have been difficult to support by wada.

What will ASO do now.
    Is that your way of saying you think he's guilty but he got off because of some screw up with his test? Kind of got away with it because of some loophole but you still reckon he is a cheat?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Longer thread now deleted?
  • tangled_metal
    Will this matter to those who want Froome to be a doping cheat? The usual "no smoke without a fire" for of argument.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    What if it's a clean, low emission fuel?
  • vinnymarsden
    vinnymarsden Posts: 560
    This entire debacle could have been avoided if the salbutamol thing had actually been dealt with... it has dragged on and on until we reach this point.
    Nobody benefits from this scenario, most of all the sport and it’s governors... weak leadership in every area with no one actually making tough decisions.
    The worst case is CF wins the TDF and eventually he is stripped of everything he’s won since the finding, no good for any part of the sport, I used to love all elements of cycle racing but the administration side of it has become soooo cumbersome and riddled with legal precedents etc that the joy has simply gone out of it.
    I live no more than 10 miles from the route of the Tour de Yorkshire but simply couldn’t be bothered this year, which saddens me no end, but I’m sure that is mirrored across the whole spectator spectrum.
    Team Sky are not without blame either, the high handedness of Dave Brailsford is sometimes cringeworthy, the guy could show some humility and maybe see things from outside in for a change.
    There is no simple answer but this latest turn has simply raised cycling onto the global news platform again for the wrong reasons...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    BWAH ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! HEEEEEEE he he he he he HEEEEEEE!

Oh UCI that is epic trolling. All the chapeaus!!

Oh good god Twitter is going to be epic today
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Well, I think it's safe to say the Tour is almost here.

Even some of the sh!tbags from last year have crawled back onto the forum, I noticed.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    ASO - egg on their face? Or will they do an about turn?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    redvision wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    redvision wrote:

It could be argued they are taking the action to not only to protect their race but also to protect Froome himself (given the resentment by many towards him).

I imagine they will lose and he will be allowed to start but I think it would be the right thing for sky to pull him out.

Froome has been spat on, had wee-wee chucked on him before this because of the environment. There has been resentment for ages.

If Froome was cleared tomorrow with a solid explanation, would that threat be reduced?

But he's not going to be cleared tomorrow.
    So from an ASO perspective the best option is to avoid incidents like that, which tarnish the race, by stopping him from starting.

Turns out I was right
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Brilliant news IMO
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,801
    Get in there!! Some great news to start the week.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,541
    Resolution at last. Now move along. Racing due to start
  • hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 397
    Forget the World Cup, forget Love Island, get on over to The Clinic for all of your entertainment needs today.

Get yourself some popcorn.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Slowbike wrote:
    They should be thanked for at least bringing matters to a head and possibly prompting UCI into making a decision...
    Half man, Half bike
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,424
    Sense.
    The Clinic will be in melt down. Twitterati crying foul.
    Froome should tell Hinault to FO, and refuse to do any media stuff for ASO.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,424
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    They should be thanked for at least bringing matters to a head and possibly prompting UCI into making a decision...

Well if the timeline is to be believed, the UCI were told on Thursday, ASO spouted their shite afterwards, so no, ASO didn't bring it to a head, just made themselves look idiots.
  • RichN95.
    Once this has settled down tomorrow, I'll put up the PTP thread
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    It took ASO to get the job done and someone to resolve this case.
    Well done them.