Le Tour - Team Line Ups

124»

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Does anyone else think of this whenever they see of hear Castroviejo's name...?

IXn2yQyMQSWgOblT-gbuzg_375x500.jpg

Anyone?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I do now!
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Gweeds wrote:
    Really looking forward to see how Bernal goes.

he is a wild card. No GT experience but guessing he's going to counter Quintana and/or Landa. Will this Movistar line-up end in tears though?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Good effort with the PTP thread Rich - much better than my attempt last year! (Although in my defence I was away for 2 of the 3 weeks)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Good effort with the PTP thread Rich - much better than my attempt last year! (Although in my defence I was away for 2 of the 3 weeks)
    By contrast I'm unemployed until August, so I have time on my hands. Although I'll miss the final TT for a wedding.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I do now!

My work here is done.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Not even close! That bottle looks full! :mrgreen:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sky finally officially announce the line-up they leaked to Gazzetta last week.

Froome, Thomas, Bernal, Kwiatkowski, Moscon, Rowe, Poels and Castroviejo

That's insanely strong for the TTT. Poels and Rowe the only riders that don't have an Olympic medal or a national title. Thomas, Bernal, Moscon and Castroviejo current national champions.

Is it still set at 5th man over the line with a team of 8?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • cygnet
    cygnet Posts: 92
    No Adam Hansen :shock:
    cygnet wrote:
    No Adam Hansen :shock:
    He's said for a while that he'd stop when he got to 20.
  • mrpowly
    mrpowly Posts: 16
    smithy21 wrote:
    Late to the party but due to my irrational hatred of Renshaw and my equally irrational love of Steve Cummings I hope they win 0 stages.

Cummings retired from either the Dauphine or Suisse with unexplained breathing problems which he said had been affecting him for a while. He said then that if they couldn't figure it out he wouldn't be at the Tour - seems as though that's the case.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Why no Kiry?

i think you can say that about most of the team. Who would you drop for him?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    inseine wrote:
    Why no Kiry?

i think you can say that about most of the team. Who would you drop for him?

I assume Castroviejo is taking over his role. Moscon would probably be the other option but did a great job in the mountains last year too. It will be interesting to see Bernal's role, presumably he is there to help in the mountains while learning for when he takes on the number 1 role in a couple of years. I hadn't realised how old Kiriyenka is (37).
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    The new boy at Sky is getting hazed badly with his World Cup sweepstake.

DhWNyD1WsAAFoBW.jpg

Also amusing to see the abuse Thomas got from saying' 'Go Sweden' after picking them. And pairing Froome with Russia probably wasn't best outcome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2KDp4AsEm ... plnioije3y
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,649
    Funny how they're all called by their first name or nickname apart from Froome and Castro[viejo)

Not sure what it means, but it was noticeable