Giro 2018: Stage 11, Assisi - Osimo 156kms *Spoilers*

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    larkim wrote:
    Early puncture for Froome apparently?
    Still in the shed trying to get the tyre off.

:) genuine LOL here
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Wilier rider asking around in the bunch before being allowed to join the breakaway attempt

Love watching the break go, you'd never see something like this otherwise
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,828
    Not sure I'd fancy chasing Lulu and de Marchi.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    Not sure I'd fancy chasing Lulu and de Marchi.

Yeah he's asking permission and like ' I'm going to need an answer fairly soon'!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Would think MS would want the break caught today to give Simon Peter Yates a crack at the bonifications, but then again it was a tough day for some of them yesterday.
  • ShutupJens
    Simon Peter Yates

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • fleshtuxedo
    LL and DM discussing waiting for the riders trying ti bridge
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,297
    Would think MS would want the break caught today to give Simon Peter Yates a crack at the bonifications, but then again it was a tough day for some of them yesterday.

With such a small break, there should be a few teams want it brought back. I'd have thought Yates can take it or leave it, but if it comes back, he'd fancy his chances - he's going to need to be near the front anyway.
  • fleshtuxedo
    Kirby & Kelly discussing a spit roast at the hotel. Ewww.
  • ShutupJens
    Just caught the back end of a conversation that involved Sean and Carlton and a spit roast back at the hotel. I sincerely hope CK was on about wild boar again
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,903
    bizarre sport to explain to people at times isn't it.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    Yet another break looking like another fruitless venture.
  • fleshtuxedo
    Lotto Wotsit riding, so presumably Wellens not feeling too bad
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,645

Anything that fills Kirby's mouth and stops him being able to speak is surely welcome?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    I wonder whether the success of “breaks of the day” has changed over the years.
  • fleshtuxedo
    Pross wrote:

Anything that fills Kirby's mouth and stops him being able to speak is surely welcome?

:lol:
  • kingstongraham
    Pross wrote:

I didn't need to think about it at all, never mind which role he was occupying.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I've said it on several stages, but it does seem that Michelton Scott are getting off lightly in doing there chasing duties. Lotto 1 and 2 and Trek making life easy fro them, and Yates might yet grab more seconds on this stage.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    Am I the only one thinking that MS might be happy to let Demoulin have the Maglia Rosa after the TT with a small deficit they can then look to overhaul in the final Alps stages?
  • kingstongraham
    inseine wrote:
    I've said it on several stages, but it does seem that Michelton Scott are getting off lightly in doing there chasing duties. Lotto 1 and 2 and Trek making life easy fro them, and Yates might yet grab more seconds on this stage.

Why would Yates care too much about whether the break gets reeled in or not? Wellens, Battaglin, Brambilla have much more to gain from it coming back together, especially after yesterday's stage being so hard.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    Tashman wrote:
    Am I the only one thinking that MS might be happy to let Demoulin have the Maglia Rosa after the TT with a small deficit they can then look to overhaul in the final Alps stages?

Yeah I think you might be.

Give the reining champion a sniff of a victory?

Naah.
  • kingstongraham
    Tashman wrote:

They might not be too upset, and still fancy their chances, but they obviously wouldn't want it to happen. They would only be out of pink for a couple of stages, so what's the advantage to them?
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    Tashman wrote:

I think it'd be the silver lining but if pressed I think they'd rather have the forty second lead.

Realistically though if you offered Yates a 5-10 second deficit after the TT would he take it ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,903
    Tashman wrote:

Naah.

+1 the plan is to crush him on the zoncalan and leave him pedalling squares to all compass points pitifully begging for mercy
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ShutupJens wrote:
    Just caught the back end of a conversation that involved Sean and Carlton and a spit roast back at the hotel. I sincerely hope CK was on about wild boar again
    :shock: cannot un-see
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    Tashman wrote:

Naah.

+1 the plan is to crush him on the zoncalan and leave him pedalling squares to all compass points pitifully begging for mercy
    Showing my newbie thoughts up there then lol
  • Vino'sGhost
    Tashman wrote:

LOL that would be very very relaxed. Doumolan may well be almost 2 mins up after the TT and he can climb and he can suffer. I think todays stage has all the ingredients for one of the GC riders to take a little time over the others and if thats Domoulan then that would force yates to attack the whole peloton, all the others have to do is wait for him to crack
  • Vino'sGhost
    some of the roads are as bad as they are round here
  • blazing_saddles
    edited May 2018
    It isn't a question of giving him the jersey, he will take it.
    Zoncolan will determine by how much.

This stage is currently 15 minutes ahead of the fastest schedule.
  • Vino'sGhost
    good to see that Disc brakes arent embraced. (yet)