Best value thing in cycling Eurosport

13»

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    Graeme_S wrote:
    If you have an Apple TV there's a native app - you don't need to throw the stream up from another device. The stream looks pretty good (better than SD), but I seem to remember reading it's 720P rather than full HD.

Apparently i need to buy a new apple TV to get the Eurosport app
    :(

I use a lightening to hdmi connector to plug my ipad (running the app) directly into a not-so-smart tv, which is a lot cheaper.
    Have to get off the sofa to pause or rewind though.
  • Mad_Malx
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Chromecasts are about twenty quid... Job done...

Bear with me because I haven't kept up with this tec malarkey -

So you just plug this into your tv and it can pick up a signal from an ipad or android device running the es app?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Chromecasts are about twenty quid... Job done...

Bear with me because I haven't kept up with this tec malarkey -

So you just plug this into your tv and it can pick up a signal from an ipad or android device running the es app?
    Exactly. Or from your browser, or whatever, and it works for Netflix, or YouTube and most other streaming videos. When Rick (i think) posted a link to e3 Harelbeke (eurosport had catalunya) on some Dutch website I was able to cast that onto my telly too.

You have a little casting icon in the corner of whatever you're watching. Just need the device on the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
  • Mad_Malx
    Thanks Bob
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    Has Eurosport fixed the broadcast bandwidth or whatever the problem was? When I had it a couple of years ago, you couldn’t identify riders in a bunch in a head-on view because the faces were just mush/compression artefacts.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Has Eurosport fixed the broadcast bandwidth or whatever the problem was? When I had it a couple of years ago, you couldn’t identify riders in a bunch in a head-on view because the faces were just mush/compression artefacts.
    Yes. I was last year having some.issues with live streaming where the quality would occasionally go, but this year so far it has been absolutely fine.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Quality has been fine on player for a while now, was fine last season. I guess broadband speed must play a role though.
  • oo2b
    oo2b Posts: 1
    Quick question

I used to have eurosport player and it would rewind 3 hrs on the PC, but this had stopped in the Vuelta last year and only seemed to be 5 mins.

Is this still the case as there is little information on it...