Trying to figure out what kind of rider I am

1235»

Comments

• From personal experience, I've tended to climb indifferently on 10-20min climbs with differing weight +/- five/six kilos. All my PRs have been at 72/73kg and not 66/67kg. What has been a constant trend is more power being faster regardless of weight/fatigue

And I've also personally found bike weight/tire size/tire pressure/wheel combo to be utterly invisible on trends too. At 70-75kg watts (and where/how you use them) matter a lot more than weight to me. It's just a shame watts aren't easy to come by.

To a point of course. I can say with 100% certainty I am slower up 10-20 minute climbs on my CX bike (with the same road tyres) than I am on my lighter and higher specced road bike. It's a similar difference to having a great day on the bike and feeling like you left the house with heavy legs.

Extra bodyweight is not a problem, as long as you back it up with extra power! :D
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Just for the record, to all involved, this thread was hilarious. Thanks BR.
  • Hi LR not seen you in ages, since you kindly me that 9 speed tiagra shifter about 4 years ago! You still commuting in from Kingston?

(used to be coriordan)