Wiggle now use Yodel/Hermes as top couriers!!

13»

Comments

• I pick collect+, it usually arrives next day and it’s free.
  • Interesting experience of DPD to add into the mix.

Ordered some Pearl Izumi kit from Madison on Wednesday hoping for Thursday delivery as I was at home all day.

Get an email from DPD at 9:20 Thursday that thay can't deliver my parcel as it had not arrived from Madison to my local DPD depot at Raunds which is 10 miles from me. The inferrence from DPD was the delay was caused by Madison but I imagine DPD collect direct from Madison in Milton Keynes after which it would be DPD's responsibility.

Got a second email at 16:50 Thursday that my parcel had now arrived at Dunstable and checking the DPD tracking I see the parcel went from Dunstable to Hinckley before eventually making its way to the Raunds depot just after 5am Friday morning.

I suspect the parcel will be out for delivery today but noone's home after lunchtime so unless it's delivered early I won't see the goods until Monday at the earliest which would be slightly annoying as I want one of the pieces of kit for this weekend.
  • Interesting experience of DPD to add into the mix.

Ordered some Pearl Izumi kit from Madison on Wednesday hoping for Thursday delivery as I was at home all day.

Get an email from DPD at 9:20 Thursday that thay can't deliver my parcel as it had not arrived from Madison to my local DPD depot at Raunds which is 10 miles from me. The inferrence from DPD was the delay was caused by Madison but I imagine DPD collect direct from Madison in Milton Keynes after which it would be DPD's responsibility.

Got a second email at 16:50 Thursday that my parcel had now arrived at Dunstable and checking the DPD tracking I see the parcel went from Dunstable to Hinckley before eventually making its way to the Raunds depot just after 5am Friday morning.

I suspect the parcel will be out for delivery today but noone's home after lunchtime so unless it's delivered early I won't see the goods until Monday at the earliest which would be slightly annoying as I want one of the pieces of kit for this weekend.
    UPDATE; Parcel set to arrive after 13:43 when no-one will be home. If only DPD had delivered yesterday when they should have.
  • Great thread, would read again. 2/10
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I still just use their royal mail free option.

Ordered stuff at 5pm on a Friday
    Monday morning it was delivered.

Probikekit however are slowwwwww
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    UPDATE; Parcel set to arrive after 13:43 when no-one will be home. If only DPD had delivered yesterday when they should have.

Was it sold to you as next day delivery?
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Imo
    DPD = top notch
    Royal mail = great as well
    Hermes = also great
    Yodel well = S**t
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Flasher wrote:

Was it sold to you as next day delivery?
    To be fair to DPD it stated 1-2 days so I'm not complaining rather stating an experience.

As is often the case with software in delivery systems it's the human element that lets it down, normally presumed to be in the 'last mile' but in the first mile in this case. Madison made the request to DPD which initiated their software to send me emails but then Madison failed to provide the driver with the parcel.

Possibly too much knowledge and information can be a bad thing.
  • markyone wrote:
    Imo
    DPD = top notch
    Royal mail = great as well
    Hermes = also great
    Yodel well = S**t
    Ime

DPD = top notch if you're in
    Royal mail = wholly random since privatision. On a daily basis sometime between 8am and 5pm
    Hermes = surlie fellow but 9am every day
    Yodel = nice bloke and half decent tracking
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Our local Hermes is turd, if you’re not at the door within about 4 seconds he’s away in a cloud of tyre smoke
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,868
    Not directly related, but I ordered 20kg of cat biscuits (Yes I do have cats) and it was being delivered by Yodel.

Checked the tracking, and could see it landed at the local depot on Thursday nearly midnight, and then checked mid morning, and could see it was witht he courier at just beforme 09:00.
    Didn't notice immediately, but if you refreshed it it told you how many deliveries there were before yours - a new feature I think?
    Anyway, when I did notice this at around lunchtime, the number was around 90, so I thought there was a precious little chance of it being delivered that day.
    Kept an eye on the numbers and we were eventualyl down to single figures.
    Chap rocked up at about 19:45 - no idea how many more deliveries ha had to do (Could have asked him, but assumed he was in a hurry and wanted to get off) was veyr polite and efficient, and my cats were happy too.

Oh and just to echo the DPD comments above, I've never had a bad experience with them, always top drawer, the hour window you get in the morning is great, shows you what order number you are, and what order the driver is on on a map, so you can easily see if you are ok to pop out to the shops, do a turbo session in the garage etc, or simply just re-schedule it for the following day.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • If only I had seen this post... I wouldn't have bothered with the next day option yesterday. I was enlightened to this change of scenery by someone on their chat system earlier this evening, as nowhere had it been stated what was happening with my parcel in the tracking system (still doesn't, shows today still).

My previous experience with Hermes and Yodel have been about the same. At my previous workplace they could never find it (despite Royal Mail and DPD never failing), at home they would just not bother turning up and marking as delivery attempted despite nothing on my CCTV.

I feel betrayed, every next day to date (usually about once every 2-3 months) has been DPD and nowhere did they announce that they had decided to remove this option. How can they not let people know that they have changed the service to the worst delivery companies known to man? Going from a 99% success rate next day service I always have had at various workplaces and homes with a nice 1 hour window, to a <10% success rate with an 8-8 window is just such a mind-blowingly bad move.

I have had the postage refunded, which is great, but if it's still being sent by Hermes who knows when/if and in what condition the items will arrive...

I'll just go back to the free Royal Mail option. Or maybe work out other options.. does anyone have any recommendations on companies which still use DPD and Royal Mail?

Simon
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    My local Hermes guy is excellent. I got home yesterday and thought my bin had been stolen. Until I got to my back door and got even more confused as to why it was parked outside it.

He'd dragged the bin round the back so he could hide the parcel behind it. My girlfriend normally works from home but is away at the moment so I guess he's used to someone being home.

But we are a smallish place, and he's the only driver so your experience may differ.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Ordered a last minute present yesterday evening (8pm) and it has just been delivered by yodel.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I ordered on Friday , ( Saturday delivery) although I was given a 4 hour delivery slot, the part arrived ( Hermes) I’ve not had any problems with them
  • Ordered from Wiggle On Wednesday and paid for next day delivery. They gave me a tracking number but didn't say which courier it was for. After trying DPD tracking I tried Hermes. Hermes picked up from Wiggle on Wednesday but didn't deliver yesterday, the Hermes tracking just said centrally sorted all yesterday and this morning. At lunchtime today it changed to 'with local courier, delivery due today' . At 6.30 this evening it changed to 'delivery due tomorrow'.

A parcel that I paid to have delivered on Thursday is now due Saturday. I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be avoiding Wiggle if they're charging extra for quick delivery and using couriers who are cr@p.
  • mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Brakeless wrote:
    Ordered from Wiggle On Wednesday and paid for next day delivery. They gave me a tracking number but didn't say which courier it was for. After trying DPD tracking I tried Hermes. Hermes picked up from Wiggle on Wednesday but didn't deliver yesterday, the Hermes tracking just said centrally sorted all yesterday and this morning. At lunchtime today it changed to 'with local courier, delivery due today' . At 6.30 this evening it changed to 'delivery due tomorrow'.

A parcel that I paid to have delivered on Thursday is now due Saturday. I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be avoiding Wiggle if they're charging extra for quick delivery and using couriers who are cr@p.

Mine was exactly the same except it came today. Been refunded the delivery cost. I assume the contract they have with Hermes is cheaper than using DPD, even if they have to refund over 50% of the delivery charges.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Just had my first Wiggle order where they used Yodel.

Despite being in all day the tracking has been updated with 'attempted delivery, customer not in, card left'

They did none of those things.

Looking at Wiggle's twitter feed it's full of people complaining about Yodel. It's hard to think of a worse courier that this shower, and whoever at Wiggle decided to use them needs taking out and shooting.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    dizzydane wrote:

Oh I don't know ... I see it as the new way of travel

You pay a nice cheap fare .... but have no idea where you finally end up

although I look forward to the new Station they will build 3 houses down from me in the neighbours garden :D
  • jp4urio
    jp4urio Posts: 16
    Worth a read... sounds like a draconian nightmare! No holiday allowance (for contractors by the looks of it, which make up a large part of the workforce). One guy working even though he was bringing his stomach up...

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Yod ... 392569.htm
  • A lot (most) of ther crap couriers round our way (i assume is is across the board) use the drivers private car for deliveries. Are their any restrictions on the number hours they can work on a day doing this? Do you think they should have to use vehicles specifically designed for the job (vans) and have tacho's fitted?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,382
    Never paid for delivery with Wiggle and rarely had to wait more than 48 hrs for delivery.
    Placed an order last Thursday afternoon, it was delivered (by my lovely Hermes lady) by 10 am on Friday!
  • Ordered from CRC last night at 8. Hermes delivered this morning at 7.45

I don't think I've had a shorter delivery period, ever.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    There's a issue that needs to be addressed whereby companies (such as Wiggle) won't actually tell you what courier they are going to use even if you ask them before you order. Some couriers are just awful, and/or don't meet the needs of individual customers (such as having a depot that's miles away and isn't open at certain times).

I really think this needs to be regulated - if you are buying something by mail order the method of delivery is part of what you are paying for and you should be able to know in advance what it is. The current situation also encourages courier companies to treat the recipient like sh*t because their contract is with the sender and thus there is no competition between courier companies driven by the needs of the parcel recipient.

This is something I feel quite strongly about so I am now boycotting mail order companies that won't tell me in advance what courier they are going to use - and that includes Wiggle.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    I've been getting deliveries from all 3. I'd now rate them as follows for next day delivery:

1. Hermes, yeah, weird I know. But the guy is local so I get it by about 8.30 am.
    2. DPD, generally it arrives around 11.30 and, of course, every time.
    3. Yodel, only because they're not as good as 1 and 2. But deliveries have all been fine and the new tracking system shows you how many deliveries before you.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Ordered from CRC last night at 8. Hermes delivered this morning at 7.45

I don't think I've had a shorter delivery period, ever.

Snap.

I have concluded it is value / cost of the goods based. Ordered shoes £220 delivered by DPD. Ordered 4 x bottles and some tabs £24 all in delivered by Hermes.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I'm having a nightmare with My Hermes. Bought some wheels that had to be returned as wrong item sent. The Wiggle warehouse is a huge premises unmissable to anyone with eyes in their sockets. However, the Hermes driver can't find it and keeps claiming that they can't gain access. The premises has 24/7 gate security able to take deliveries all day long. Today, the wheels have been returned to me as undeliverable as unable to gain access to premises. Bunch of numpties. On Wiggle's side, they have been extremely helpful, just Hermes screwing things up. I've now got a long drive to the Black Country to return the wheels by hand.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • LeeDa
    LeeDa Posts: 82
    You could always buy from somewhere else and do a price match with them. Personally I buy far too much from them and have had no issues with delivery, express or otherwise.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    LeeDa wrote:
    You could always buy from somewhere else and do a price match with them. Personally I buy far too much from them and have had no issues with delivery, express or otherwise.
    Agreed. if you don't like anything about any company don't use them. Unless you get some pleasure in moaning.