Wiggle now use Yodel/Hermes as top couriers!!

Comments

• ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    redvision wrote:
    ZMC888 wrote:
    Why are all these people taking the wee-wee out of the OP?
    Wiggle and CRC used to be good. They used to use reliable couriers, now they use complete morons because the management are screwing their customers over for moah money. What's the problem with pointing that out on cycling message boards?

It's even worse if you live outside the UK they always use the cheapest option for free delivery. Which means your account is debited but you never get your items nine times out of ten, it can take months of emailing to get your money back, and they don't even give you a discount code as an apology as they are that tight these days. If I go to a shop then I get the item when I hand over the cash not three weeks later or on the never never. If you pay for premium they use DHL or someone and your items will be held miles away until you pay import tax on them and collect in person. Massive waste of time.

The whole idea of online retailing is supposed to work like this: I pay you without getting the items then and there, in return I pay less and you send the item by *reliable* courier that gets there where and when I asked for it. cna't manage that? Then fark off.

Yeah but in fairness every courier will at some point f up.

End of the day if you don't like the courier the store use then don't purchase from that bloody shop!
    Please don't play the devils advocate. CRC/Wiggle are trying to make more money by screwing people. 'Don't purchase from them then'. You'd have to of had some bad experiences with them to know not to. I said: 'Long ago stopped using CRC/Wiggle'.

What people are saying is that you opt for free delivery then you find out that your items are being sent by 'Complete clueless f*cktards PLC' after the fact. Nobody minds it being sent by a reliable company but it will take a bit longer.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    ZMC888 wrote:

What people are saying is that you opt for free delivery then you find out that your items are being sent by 'Complete clueless f*cktards PLC' after the fact. Nobody minds it being sent by a reliable company but it will take a bit longer.

No they are not not!
    People are saying the next day delivery is with yodel, the free delivery is still with royal mail.

Again I come back to the point, if you don't like how the item is sent choose another shop. Most will price match with wiggle so this really is a ridiculous discussion.
  • ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    redvision wrote:
    ZMC888 wrote:

No they are not not!
    People are saying the next day delivery is with yodel, the free delivery is still with royal mail.

Again I come back to the point, if you don't like how the item is sent choose another shop. Most will price match with wiggle so this really is a ridiculous discussion.
    Yes this discussion is totally ridiculous. You don't even bother to read posts other people write desperate to go be some kind of apologist for some greedy company.

I was quite clearly talking about international deliveries. Then CRC and Wiggle aren't the same either.

I already have shopped elsewhere for 2 freaking years. I told you twice. Fore the love of God can you read??????
  • redvision
    ZMC888 wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    ZMC888 wrote:

No they are not not!

Yes this discussion is totally ridiculous. You don't even bother to read posts other people write desperate to go be some kind of apologist for some greedy company.

I was quite clearly talking about international deliveries. Then CRC and Wiggle aren't the same either.

I already have shopped elsewhere for 2 freaking years. I told you twice. Fore the love of God can you read??????

Oh dear, get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

I'm not defending wiggle for the sake of it. I am just struggling to understand what the argument is. They have changed from one premium delivery service to another, still guaranteeing next day delivery. Dpd are a better courier than yodel but so long as they still get the order to you next day then where's the problem?

Fwiw I very rarely use wiggle, but not because of issues with their delivery service - which I have always found reliable.
  • For the hard of reading this whole thread has been about UK domestic delivery so any discussion/interjection about international delivery is moot to this conversation.

As for DPD delivering on a Saturday within the UK, I believe DPD next delivery only includes working days and Saturday delivery by DPD is a specific service. Therefore, if you order from Wiggle on a Friday for next day delivery the list would default to the first available next day delivery service.

Anyway, it is now Monday so the only matter of importance that remains is did the OP receive their package on Saturday? Let's hope they come back and tell us.
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    I think the next day issue is that DPD give you a timed slot, Yodel dont.
    Ive never had any issue with Yodel delivering the day they say, but having to wait in all day is a PITA.
    I had a bike delivered from Wiggle, at 11pm the night before Yodel said it was still with Wiggle, by 11am the next day it was out for delivery and I had to leave work to be in for the order. Not the end of the world but inconvenient.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Can you not get your stuff delivered to work?

I do this and saves any faff with waiting in etc.

Parcel is always on my desk when I get in.
  • cld531c wrote:
    The issue for the OP though is they appeared to order on a Friday for next day delivery wanting DPD to deliver but DPD's next day delivery covers only working days so defaulted to the next available next day service.

No-one's disputing the issue of time slots it's that the OP appears upset that they did not get a service that Wiggle do not appear to offer, that is DPD Saturday delivery.
  • cld531c wrote:
    The issue for the OP though is they appeared to order on a Friday for next day delivery wanting DPD to deliver but DPD's next day delivery covers only working days so defaulted to the next available next day service.

No-one's disputing the issue of time slots it's that the OP appears upset that they did not get a service that Wiggle do not appear to offer, that is DPD Saturday delivery.

Next Day Delivery

How much?

Our next day delivery service costs £3.99.

How long?

Orders placed Monday – Sunday are usually delivered the next day.

By who?
    Our next day delivery service is provided by either DPD, Hermes or Yodel.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • cld531c wrote:

Next Day Delivery

How much?

Our next day delivery service costs £3.99.

How long?

Orders placed Monday – Sunday are usually delivered the next day.

By who?
    Our next day delivery service is provided by either DPD, Hermes or Yodel.
    Yeah, we all know that, and as long as the OP got their parcel by one of those couriers all is good. DPD could have delivered it as part of their Next Day working day service and the OP would have received their item either today or tomorrow.

If people want to know what actual services DPD provide, including their Next Day working day delivery service or their Saturday delivery service better to look on the DPD website.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Are there good couriers then ?
    They all seem to be run by staff who haveva frontal labatomy
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    kingrollo wrote:

Judging from your spelling, you'd make an excellent courier.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    kingrollo wrote:

There are good couriers that pay their staff properly and so are expensive or there are cheap as chips couriers (Yodel and to a lesser extent but still not great, DPD) who don't bother. Having worked for an example of the latter I can tell you that there is absolutely no reward in customer service.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Wiggle appear to use most of the different courier companies across the UK, it's the luck of the draw whether your's is good or bad, the Hermes driver in my area is great as is the Royal Mail, others are so so. I like having the choice of Collect+ too as I prefer to pick-up from my local newsagent, can sneak stuff in on the qt that way :D

I noticed that on the return documents from my last order that they now give you the option of returning with a choice of 3 different companies, all free of course, what terrible service they provide.

To call them "a bunch of clowns" for expanding their delivery options seems very strange.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Flasher wrote:
    To call them "a bunch of clowns" for expanding their delivery options seems very strange.

You're right actually, he did use the wrong c word.
  • Damn! Ordered some bits from Wiggle, paid £3.99 next day so it arrives the same day as another order from Sigma Sport.

Got the email this morning... 'Yodel - your parcel is on its way'

This will be the last thing I order from Wiggle until they drop Yodel. I have nothing but failed deliveries and flat out lies from this courier. I'd rather pay more and garuantee they are not involved!
  • Is it coming today or tomorrow? What time did you order?
  • Is it coming today or tomorrow? What time did you order?

Ordered monday 13/11/17 (yesterday), should be delivered today (got the email today 14/11/17).

Fingers crossed I get lucky and they actually turn up!
  • So, you ordered for next day, it's been despatched, and you're complaining in case it doesn't arrive because Yodel are rubbish?
  • So, you ordered for next day, it's been despatched, and you're complaining in case it doesn't arrive because Yodel are rubbish?

Yodel are rubbish, I expect better from Wiggle.

I hadn't realised Wiggle had slipped Yodel into their mix of couriers.

4 out of the 5 orders I have had "delivered" by yodel did not arrive next day.

3 times I have waited in for them as they cant provide a 'window' and follow the tracker which to be fair does tell you how many stops there are before you, but then updates to 'sorry we missed you', when in fact they have never even arrived and this left no card.

One item they delivered 3days late and it was broken.

Today however they managed it and delivered next day no fuss, but it's just not worth the stress.

If you pay for next day, then getting your parcel in tact, next day should be the norm not the exception.

And for that reason, wiggle, you're fired.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you join the forum, and whine over three posts, even though you got exactly what you wanted and paid for.

Weird. That is all.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

So you join the forum, and whine over three posts, even though you got exactly what you wanted and paid for.

Weird. That is all.

I merely share the view and experience that yodel are a very poor courier and am dissapointed that wiggle are now using them.

I have been nugded into elaborating further over the next posts.

1 successful delivery in 5 is not a good track record.

That is all.
  • Thanks for the heads up! I work for a furniture retailer and after nearly 40% of our Yodel deliveries one year were being delivered to customers damaged. We pursued a huge claim with Yodel, then cancelled our contract with them and moved carriers to DPD and BJS.

Will now only order products from Wiggle that will survive being drop kicked and thrown into a van. Inspect your goods carefully upon arrival...
  • redvision
    Chris1oo wrote:

1 successful delivery in 5 is not a good track record.

But, in the interest of fairness, i have had many deliveries from yodel and whilst a couple were late (arrived the day after they should have) all the others were on the correct day and arrived in perfect condition.

I do prefer DPD because of the hour delivery slot they provide, but apart from that so long as the goods arrive when expected and undamaged I really don't see why there is such an outcry on here.

And as i have said in previous post, if your order is damaged either refuse to accept it at time of delivery or contact wiggle. They have the liability to get the product to you, and if there is a problem they will sort.
  • Chris1oo wrote:

Today however they managed it and delivered next day no fuss,

What is wrong with some people
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    redvision wrote:
    so long as the goods arrive when expected and undamaged I really don't see why there is such an outcry on here.

Well, the outcry is from people who's experiences of Yodel are that they don't "have goods arrive when expected and undamaged". Quite simple really.

For me, it hasn't just been on the odd occasion, it has happened on many many occasions, hence I won't use Wiggle when selecting any delivery option that could end up being Yodel. No other courier has come close to being as crap as Yodel in my experience. They are in the business of delivering parcels from one address to another and in my experience they are absolutely sh1t at it, their comms are awful when you do have a problem too.

(Perhaps if you live on a clearly marked residential street with big clear numbers on each door and no quirks then they can manage to deliver things. Not everyone does).
  • Well, Yodel received a parcel for me yesterday afternoon and arrived this morning at 8:23.

Good old Yodel.
  • Royal mail yesterday, totally outragous, delivered the day they were supposed to and no haribo,

never using them again

I mean who ever heard of a company giving you free returns on unwanted purchases, next thing will be 365 day return period for heaven sakes
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Hermes delivered my parcel on the day they should have done, the only difference being is a 4 hour time slot as opposed to DPD,s one hour
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    I know its been said before on this thread, but if you don't like Yodel or Hermes why not just use the free Royal Mail service?

This week I ordered on Monday morning, got an e-mail to say it was dispatched Monday afternoon, got an e-mail to say my parcel will be arriving today on Wednesday morning and when my neighbour signed for it I had a mail saying it was with them. And as its Royal Mail, the depot is open late if there was nobody around to sign for it and they had to take it back, so not the end of the world.

With a free service this good (and consistent and predictable) I really never feel the need for the paid service.