Wiggle now use Yodel/Hermes as top couriers!!

quango2k
quango2k Posts: 42
edited April 2018 in Road buying advice
Anyone else notice that Wiggle changed from DPD to Hermes/Yodel...

Good one! Going from a premium service to the worst two services to have ever existed! and even have the cheek to charge the same money.

Bunch of clowns!

Comments

• Whats happened
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    All of my stuff has only ever been delivered by royal mail from wiggle.
  • Dannbodge wrote:

With the £3.99 next day option?
  • They told me the changed from DPD to yodel/hermes shite for their next day service! They used to use Yodel for the £2.99 option..which I used once, and it never arrived! Even though the depot is on the other side of the roundabout to my work...and it seems that scenario is very very common.

After all the crap with Wiggle with their payment system screwing people over (me included) and now this..I'm done with Wiggle.

I used to go to their sportives too, and this morning I got an email with a discount code if you sign up early for next years rides..£10 off! Bargain I thought, then logged in and they have increased the pricing for all of them by £5! So Wiggle, thats a £5 voucher you shitbirds! Not to mention they only give you crap generic t-shirts and generic medals now. They are just charging more and providing less.

Far better suppliers out there which will price match.
  • quango2k wrote:
    I'm done with Wiggle.

DO SOMETHING!
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    quango2k wrote:
    I'm done with Wiggle.

DO SOMETHING!

Will somebody please think of the children
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Is this true, have they started using Yodel?

If so, it's good to know as I never order anything from companies that use Yodel.

I've had more bother with Yodel than any and all other couriers put together, (chasing up deliveries, so many claims of delivery attempts with no cards left, etc etc etc), I've probably had problems with more than half the parcels I've ever had delivered by them.

I won't use Wiggle whatsoever if they are using them so whoever's highlighting this will have saved me a lot of bother, thanks!

(It says on their deliveries page under next day that they use Predict, DPD, Hermes, Yodel ...that's already made it not worth the risk).

OP... change the thread name to include " - now using Yodel" as more people will spot it.
  • I just got an email from Yodel that my parcel will be with me today up to 8pm!!! Get F**ked wiggle! for the same price you used to get DPD timed delivery.
  • Wiggle now ALSO use Hermes and Yodel as couriers. They still use DPD too.

It's essentially a fluid delivery service. You can't pick which one you get, sometimes they even switch off the option.

Bear in mind, courier preferences aside, this is a hugely busy time of year so having three couriers is a sound business decision.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • So just to be clear, you don't like the company, don't like their payment system and don't like the couriers they use but despite knowing all this in advance you went ahead and ordered from them?
  • nicklong
    nicklong Posts: 231
    quango2k wrote:
    Bunch of clowns!

:lol:

I'm just trying to imagine your indignation, spitting cornflakes everywhere in faux-rage.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I live in a village and our local Hermes guy is excellent (they are independent contractors, so luck of the draw)

He knows where I live and work, so brings stuff to my office if no one is home.

You know he's arrived when you hear the classical music blaring out of his car.

And can generally be seen outside the local having a pint when he's finished.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Wiggle now ALSO use Hermes and Yodel as couriers. They still use DPD too.

It's essentially a fluid delivery service. You can't pick which one you get, sometimes they even switch off the option.

Bear in mind, courier preferences aside, this is a hugely busy time of year so having three couriers is a sound business decision.

Wrong.

They always had Yodel/Hermes but was the £2.99 option, now they use it for the £3.99 option.

They had a re-tender and moved from DPD.

DPD are more than capable of handling this 'busy time of year' as they have for years with Wiggle and other large outfits.
  • So just to be clear, you don't like the company, don't like their payment system and don't like the couriers they use but despite knowing all this in advance you went ahead and ordered from them?

No, they don't advertise who the courier is anymore so I had no clue they were using these sh*tbirds. Otherwise I would have avoided. I paid £3.99 for delivery expecting DPD with an hour delivery window, what you get now instead is the £2.99 option of Will it/wont it arrive ever..but pay £3.99 for the privilege.

FYI, their payment system during the CRC/Wiggle warehouse merge was charging people repeatedly for orders. I ordered two tyres that showed as on stock, they werent so it made an automatic backorder (charging your card again) then because that wasnt in stock, it did it again and again and again. Its ok though, they did say sorry and after 7 days it was all back in my account...so they cleaned my card out and I was dry for a week! for two tyres.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Hermes delivered some new wheels to me this morning. On time, as expected and exactly according to the tracking info, which had been regularly updated over the last couple of days.

Obviously I was straight on the phone to complain...
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I agree that dpd are an excellent courier and much prefer them to yodel, however, if you are paying for the next day delivery then it should arrive next day no matter. If it doesn't then kick off and contact wiggle to sort the matter and get your delivery fee back.
    Simples.
  • quango2k wrote:
    Wiggle now ALSO use Hermes and Yodel as couriers. They still use DPD too.

Wrong.

They always had Yodel/Hermes but was the £2.99 option, now they use it for the £3.99 option.

They had a re-tender and moved from DPD.

DPD are more than capable of handling this 'busy time of year' as they have for years with Wiggle and other large outfits.

So, when you said, "Anyone else notice that Wiggle changed from DPD to Hermes/Yodel..."

You were also wrong. You seem quite angry about this. Have you thought about, well, voting with your wallet?

What product are you thinking of buying?

BTW, I had a delivery from Wiggle this week. DPD........

That said, in all the years of having stuff delivered, DPD have messed up about 2 times, Hermes never, Yodel about three times (with Hello Fresh, which is dependent on not cocking up).
  • cooldad
    Never leave anything to need next day delivery. It's not rocket science.

Standard normally take a couple of days, gets there, no hassle, no stress.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • quango2k wrote:
    [

No, they don't advertise who the courier is anymore so

Our next day delivery service is provided by either DPD, Hermes or Yodel.

Tracking?

You will receive an email from our processing team once your order is sent. Within this email will be a link to your tracking information.

This information is also available in the My Orders section of your Wiggle account.
  • mfin
    cooldad wrote:
    Never leave anything to need next day delivery. It's not rocket science.

Standard normally take a couple of days, gets there, no hassle, no stress.

Yep, it's not rocket science if you don't think about it just like you haven't. Then again, it's not rocket science if you do bother to think. People often use next day delivery because they want to know what day it is arriving so they can plan to be in.

Then there's items which you can't plan for, things that suddenly break and need ordering to replace asap.

Oh, and then what about if you're building something and you want to order a part for the next day once you've established what it is.

Some people also don't mind paying for next day delivery, £3 or £4 is nothing, particularly as part of the overall cost of more expensive items. The thing they do expect for the few quid though is to actually get the next day delivery.

...there are stacks of examples of why people use next day delivery, and to be fair many couriers can have their slip ups but many people find Yodel to be awful. Making sure someone is in then finding it doesn't arrive and not being able to get in touch with the courier is a pain, getting told lies, or finding out for them that they've taken it to the wrong address is a pain in the arse.

(Yes, you can choose not to use Wiggle, of course, I use plenty of retailers, but won't use Wiggle on any orders that even possibly might be despatched using Yodel).
  • cooldad
    You sound stressed.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Take a chill pill bro
  • Ordered from chain reaction last Saturday...got email from Wiggle on Monday saying Yodel would deliver.. tracked order.. arrived when it said it would so my experience was good
  • mfin
    cooldad wrote:
    You sound stressed.

:) naaaa. I can touch type fast so some replies look like I've taken some time, I haven't. Just saying there are plenty of reasons for wanting next day delivery other than not having planned properly.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    quango2k wrote:
    Dannbodge wrote:

With the £3.99 next day option?

Yeah pretty sure it comes Royal mail special delivery
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I blame Wiggle.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Sad to see how much the quality of Wiggle Reaction's service has dropped since the merger. Having been screwed over by a "gig economy" courier before I try hard to only use companies using Royal Mail now.

To be honest the non-express service now takes so bloomin' long there's no downsides to ordering from the European bike shops which tend to be cheaper too.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 292
    edited November 2017
    Why are all these people taking the piss out of the OP?
    Wiggle and CRC used to be good. They used to use reliable couriers, now they use complete morons because the management are screwing their customers over for moah money. What's the problem with pointing that out on cycling message boards?

It's even worse if you live outside the UK they always use the cheapest option for free delivery. Which means your account is debited but you never get your items nine times out of ten they end up stuck in some warehouse until you fill in some online form in some alien language you don't understand, pay with a kind of debit card you don't have, and/or fill in a website using a an ID card number you don't have. It can take months of emailing to get your money back, and they don't even give you a discount code as an apology as they are that tight these days. If I go to a shop then I get the item when I hand over the cash not three weeks later or on the never never. If you pay for premium they use DHL or someone and your items will be held miles away until you pay import tax on them and collect in person. Massive waste of time. Why they hell they don't just use Royal Mail or parcelforce or even have the option god knows.

The whole idea of online retailing is supposed to work like this: I pay you without getting the items then and there, in return I pay less and you send the item by *reliable* courier that gets there where and when I asked for it. Can't manage that? Then fark off.

Sod CRC/Wiggle they've moved away from customer satisfaction and reasonable price model to screwing over their customers and staff to make as much money as possible and try to dominate the entire market.

Long ago switched to other suppliers.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    ZMC888 wrote:
    Why are all these people taking the wee-wee out of the OP?
    Wiggle and CRC used to be good. They used to use reliable couriers, now they use complete morons because the management are screwing their customers over for moah money. What's the problem with pointing that out on cycling message boards?

It's even worse if you live outside the UK they always use the cheapest option for free delivery. Which means your account is debited but you never get your items nine times out of ten, it can take months of emailing to get your money back, and they don't even give you a discount code as an apology as they are that tight these days. If I go to a shop then I get the item when I hand over the cash not three weeks later or on the never never. If you pay for premium they use DHL or someone and your items will be held miles away until you pay import tax on them and collect in person. Massive waste of time.

The whole idea of online retailing is supposed to work like this: I pay you without getting the items then and there, in return I pay less and you send the item by *reliable* courier that gets there where and when I asked for it. cna't manage that? Then fark off.

Yeah but in fairness every courier will at some point f up.

End of the day if you don't like the courier the store use then don't purchase from that bloody shop!
  • mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    I must be lucky as never had a problem with Wiggle / CRC or Yodel and Hermes. Wiggle is still my go to online shop and Will continue to be.